Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 Spoiler.  (Read 14446 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: F1 Spoiler.
« Reply #120 on: 07 December 2020, 15:30:29 »

Spend the rest of the evening watching his drives over the last 14 years on Youtube, then come back and we will talk about it.  ::)
Ive been watching it avidly for 45 years and Ive never seen anyone better.

STMO is correct. It's the car.

A skinny youth was plucked from obscurity and did a 'Hamilton'

There is nothing really outstanding about Russell, and my guess is that more than half the grid could have done the same thing with the Mercedes. Bottas is average at best and will soon be picking up his P45.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 07 December 2020, 15:54:17 »

Russell has won every category that he has raced in so he is not your average Joe, he topped the timesheets testing in last years Merc as well :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 07 December 2020, 16:29:40 »

Spend the rest of the evening watching his drives over the last 14 years on Youtube, then come back and we will talk about it.  ::)

There is nothing really outstanding about Russell, and my guess is that more than half the grid could have done the same thing with the Mercedes. Bottas is average at best and will soon be picking up his P45.

Russell is far from average, he has made the drivers in the other categories he has competed in look very ordinary  :y

He was night and day better than Bottas who is an average driver

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 07 December 2020, 16:45:11 »

Cobblers. Next you will be spouting that Vettel is a great driver. Did you actually watch the race?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 07 December 2020, 17:37:21 »

Cobblers. Next you will be spouting that Vettel is a great driver. Did you actually watch the race?

Do you mean the same Vettel who has won 4 F1 titles and has won more than 50 GP?

Russell did well but lets not over-egg the pudding. Before yesterday he was right at the bottom of the list with zero points from 15 races. No points......no podium finishes.....no wins.

Way too early to see him as the next messiah.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 07 December 2020, 17:48:58 »

Russell has won every category that he has raced in so he is not your average Joe, he topped the timesheets testing in last years Merc as well :y

I suppose in reality nobody in F1 is really 'average' even the worst are very good. Drivers tend to line up on the grid as team pairs suggesting they are all very evenly matched when driving the same car.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 07 December 2020, 17:51:57 »

He won the championship in both lower categories at his first attempt. No-one has scored a point in a Williams for quite some time. The team is grossly underfunded and the car is far slower than all the other cars on the grid.
He has outqualified his team mate at every single attempt while driving for them.
If you followed the sport reasonably closely you would know that everyone who is anyone rates him highly.
Thats why he has been signed as part of Mercedes junior team, and was seriously considered to replace Bottas this year.
He regularly beat Norris, LeClerc, Sainz etc. in pre F1 days.
He had probelms remembering which button to push during qualifying, as they are in different places on the Williams, and pressed the wrong one a couple of times, but still got within a few thousands of Bottas.
He is far from average, even by F1 standards..  ;)

As for Vettel, yes he did won four titles so cant be said to be useless. But he did have a huge car advantage , a team built completely around him, and his team mates werent usually allowed to beat him.
He has also been allowed to get away with very dubious driving tactics many times which others would have been punished for. It must be a German thing. 
He hasnt looked too impressive since he started driving a car that wasnt designed by Adrian Newey.  ::)
« Last Edit: 07 December 2020, 17:57:30 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 07 December 2020, 17:55:23 »

He won the championship in both lower categories at his first attempt. No-one has scored a point in a Williams for quite some time. The team is grossly underfunded and the car is far slower than all the other cars on the grid.
He has outqualified his team mate at every single attempt while driving for them.
If you followed the sport reasonably closely you would know that everyone who is anyone rates him highly.
Thats why he has been signed as part of Mercedes junior team, and was seriously considered to replace Bottas this year.
He had probelms remembering which button to push during qualifying, as they are in different places on the Williams, and pressed the wrong one a couple of times, but still got within a few thousands of Bottas.
He is far from average, even by F1 standards.;)

Better than Hamilton? ::) ::) ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 07 December 2020, 17:59:37 »

As for Vettel, yes he did won four titles so cant be said to be useless. But he did have a huge car advantage , a team built completely around him, and his team mates werent usually allowed to beat him.
He has also been allowed to get away with very dubious driving tactics many times which others would have been punished for. It must be a German thing. 
He hasnt looked too impressive since he started driving a car that wasnt designed by Adrian Newey.  ::)

;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 07 December 2020, 18:00:47 »

Dont be silly.  ::)
He is an extremely promising star of the future.
For my money, if they were all driving identical cars the order would usually be Hamilton, Riciardo, Verstappen ( if he doesnt make a silly mistake and end up in the wall), then probably Russell. After that, its difficult to tell. They seem much of a muchness to me.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 07 December 2020, 18:02:42 »

For my money, if they were all driving identical cars the order would usually be Hamilton, Riciardo, Verstappen ( if he doesnt make a silly mistake and end up in the wall), then probably Russell. After that, its difficult to tell. They seem much of a muchness to me.
That's for your money, other folk think differently.  :P
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 07 December 2020, 18:09:16 »

;D ;D

Yes I know Hamilton currently has a big car advantage, but he hasnt had that throughout his whoile career by any means. Dont forget that the last couple of years Ferarri have been "bending" the rules again and their car was a missile, until it became so obvious that the FIA had to have a word.
When he started in F1 his team mate was Alonso. Most of the pundits said Alonso was by far the best driver on the grid, yet Hamilton made him look mediocre in his rookie year. And only missed out on winning the championship at his first attempt, by a bit of bad luck.
Can you mention a driver who was as good or better in the wet.
The only two ocassions I can recall were Villenueve at Watkins Glen (in 78 iirc) where he was 11 seconds a lap faster than the next fastest man. And Senna in Portugal, in the Lotus, when he got his first win in the rain in 85.
Senna at Donington doesnt count. Although it was great viewing, the car was driven more by computers than the driver. Alll he had to do (apart from being braver than the others) was keep his foot planted and turn the steering wheel.His words, not mine.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 07 December 2020, 18:10:11 »

Dont mind folk thinking differently, as long as its from an informed viewpoint.  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 07 December 2020, 18:20:46 »

I reckon half a second would cover the best and worst drivers in the same car on the same tyres and same weight. Bottas was only 2/100ths ahead of Russell in qualification........I wonder how far that is in distance?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 07 December 2020, 18:22:01 »

Dont mind folk thinking differently, as long as its from an informed viewpoint.  ::)

He's from Barnsley. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.