Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 Spoiler.  (Read 14422 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: F1 Spoiler.
« Reply #60 on: 01 December 2020, 21:27:01 »

1. That's a presumption.

2. It is only a colour issue because he makes it one. There are plenty of foreign drivers in F1, just happens that ost of their origin countries are predominantly white. Senna was Brazilian and that's probably one of the most diverse countries in the world.

3. Nonsense, for much the same reasons as above. It's a multinational 'sport' Brits are probably the largest supporters as a percentage of population.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 01 December 2020, 21:57:52 »

1. He certainly came from a very humble background. I suppose it could happen again but not that likely as its rarely happened before.
2. Ten years ago I heard more than one F1 "fan" say, "I dont care how good he is, Im not supporting the black b*****d". Disgusting.  >:(
3.Some in truth in that imo. Brits seem to prefer an underdog, a nearly man like Mansell. Great driver though he was.
Someone like Hamilton who is in a league of his own and a serial winner, seems to inspire nothing but jealousy and resentment in quite a few Brits.
He is a much bigger star in other parts of the world, particularly the U.S. than he is in his own country. Which I find sad and strange.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 01 December 2020, 22:33:24 »

Living in Monaco probably doesn't help the domestic case...

The thing is, Mansell, Hill, Brundall and Coulthard were all pretty solid drivers in a no whiny no nonsense 'head down, arse up' get on with it types.

Hamilton presents as a young Schumacher with all the talent and arrogance that comes with it. As does Vettel without the talent...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02 December 2020, 00:06:48 »

The thing is, Mansell, Hill, Brundall and Coulthard were all pretty solid drivers in a no whiny no nonsense 'head down, arse up' get on with it types.

Hamilton presents as a young Schumacher with all the talent and arrogance that comes with it. As does Vettel without the talent...

Why shouldnt he live in Monaco? He has rhe skill and takes rhe risks ( it is still a dangerous sport) would you expect him to live where he was brought up? I suppose you would expect him to ive his hard earned money away.

Hamilton isnt whiny. - I think you mistake him for Verstappen who has a lot of growing up to do.

Arrogance? You very clearly do inhabit a parallel planet.

Go on push the boat out and celebrate someone great at his sport and someone who is British. You may find it quite easy to do once you overcome your prejudices.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02 December 2020, 00:35:52 »

;D

I never said he shouldn't live in Monaco... (afterall most of the grid lives there) merely pointing out that it may create a certain disconnect with his roots which could impact his domestic fanbase.

Listening to him on the radio on the track, he comes across as whiny... that's my opinion, you have your own.

As for arrogance, you took that out of context... My point was that it is possible to have talent and modesty. Less so Coulthard perhaps, but the compare the attitude of the four BRITISH drivers I named with Michael Schumacher. Hamilton tends to be similar to Schumacher rather than Brundall... for example.

Not just in F1, but most sports, being the best tends to demand a certain amount of self belief and this gets reinforced by constantly winning and manifests into a superior attitude, or in other words, arrogance.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2020, 00:40:58 by Doctor Gollum »

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02 December 2020, 08:50:19 »

So Russell has the Merc this weekend,hope he gives a good showing but a tough call to race a car you have never driven
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02 December 2020, 09:07:25 »

Good call, big opportunity for Russell.  :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 02 December 2020, 09:27:54 »

He actually lives more in Switzerland than Monaco these days, just as Jackie Stewart has done since the early 70,s.
Most F1 drivers have lived in Monaco for decades now, apart from Mansell who lived in the Isle of Man to avoid tax.
Despite living abroad, he is one of the top 5000 UK taxpayers.
I think his constant questioning over the radio is because, like Senna before him, he seems to have the ability to drive the car on the limit, while at the same time thinking about the various things that could be a problem or compromise his race in some way.
He has actually made strategy calls a few times this season which proved to be the better call than the one the team had made.
Mansell was always known as the biggest whinger in the history of F1. Patrick Head said "its always maximum aggravation working with him".
Ron Dennis said he would rather shut McLaren down than sign Mansell to drive for him. Although he later briefly relented on that, under pressure from Bernie.
I actually perceive Hamilton as pretty humble, considering what he has achieved. He heaps the praise for his success towards his whole team at every opportunity. He does have total self belief at the same time though, which isnt an easy trick to pull off.

It will be interesting to see how Russell does. I really rate him as a driver, but at the same time, maybe shouldnt expect too much from him being thrown in that the deep end at short notice.
In the unlikely event that he outperforms Bottas, Bottas should close his book of excuses and hang up his helmet.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02 December 2020, 10:04:53 »

He actually lives more in Switzerland than Monaco these days, just as Jackie Stewart has done since the early 70,s.
Most F1 drivers have lived in Monaco for decades now, apart from Mansell who lived in the Isle of Man to avoid tax.
Despite living abroad, he is one of the top 5000 UK taxpayers.
I think his constant questioning over the radio is because, like Senna before him, he seems to have the ability to drive the car on the limit, while at the same time thinking about the various things that could be a problem or compromise his race in some way.
He has actually made strategy calls a few times this season which proved to be the better call than the one the team had made.
Mansell was always known as the biggest whinger in the history of F1. Patrick Head said "its always maximum aggravation working with him".
Ron Dennis said he would rather shut McLaren down than sign Mansell to drive for him. Although he later briefly relented on that, under pressure from Bernie.
I actually perceive Hamilton as pretty humble, considering what he has achieved. He heaps the praise for his success towards his whole team at every opportunity. He does have total self belief at the same time though, which isnt an easy trick to pull off.

It will be interesting to see how Russell does. I really rate him as a driver, but at the same time, maybe shouldnt expect too much from him being thrown in that the deep end at short notice.
In the unlikely event that he outperforms Bottas, Bottas should close his book of excuses and hang up his helmet.
I agree with you. Hamilton has a unique perspective on the race issue because he is 50/50 mixed race but perceived and judged by some as "black".  My wife and I saw him at Silverstone and he was very courteous as she handed him a book that a friend had written about F1.  On the same day one of our children tried to get Daniel Ricciardo's autograph as he left a press conference and his TV smiles were gone as he brushed them aside and rushed away.  My own feeling is that none of us really know Lewis (or any other driver), they are all pretty arrogant (it goes with the job title) and Mercedes must love the new markets that he has opened up for them, so he has earned his success.   
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02 December 2020, 11:15:21 »

We have Michael Schumacher (junior) in F1 next year, driving for HAAS. Not much pressure on his shoulders.  ::)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 02 December 2020, 12:51:49 »

We have Michael Schumacher (junior) in F1 next year, driving for HAAS. Not much pressure on his shoulders.  ::)

I was never a much of a Schumacher fan but am saddened that he can't be there for his sons big break :'(
other rides 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 02 December 2020, 14:19:42 »

So Russell has the Merc this weekend,hope he gives a good showing but a tough call to race a car you have never driven

Mr Bottas will be red of face if the 'lanky streak of piss' known as George Russell proves faster in qualification. :)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 02 December 2020, 14:59:48 »

Mr Bottas will be red of face if the 'lanky streak of piss' known as George Russell proves faster in qualification. :)

Whatever happens it will reflect badly on Bottas. If he doesn't come anywhere, it'll be, 'You can't expect him to jump in a strange car setup for another driver and just win' and if does better than Bottas, or even close to Bottas,  then there will be calls to replace him. It's a lose/lose. Given that Russell has managed to get better results than you'd normally think possible in that Williams, I think he'll be a serious contender.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 04 December 2020, 16:06:02 »

Anyone seen FP1 today :o
other rides 

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 04 December 2020, 16:18:26 »

Havent seen it but just read about it.

1. Russell
2. Verstappen
3, Albon
4. Bottas
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.