Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Capitol Hill  (Read 10031 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Capitol Hill
« Reply #60 on: 07 January 2021, 15:15:57 »

If you get all riled up, they have obviously got what they want. Ignoring them is much better.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07 January 2021, 16:43:13 »

Only one rioter shot, by a hero security operative who was the only one with the guts to carry out his duty in protecting government personnel. He should be given a medal and the rest of them sacked.

I think shooting an unarmed woman climbing through a window, who was not presenting any sort of immediate threat to anyone, was the act of a coward rather than a hero.  ::)
Yeah, I'm sure he had the time to check that it was both a female and unarmed. Don't start with the Al eyes.  ;D

I've seen the footage of Ashli Babbitt getting shot.  She was struggling to get through a broken internal window and presented no threat to anyone.  Two blokes could have grabbed her, dragged her through and cuffed her.  There were also plenty of Police Officers/Security on the other side behind her as well, so there could easily have been a 'blue on blue' incident.  ::)

I get that in the heat of the moment people act in ways that they wouldn't normally, and at the end of the day if Ashli Babbitt hadn't been there she'd be alive today, but....  :(
"Markwayne Mullin, a Republican lawmaker from Oklahoma, said the woman had been among a crowd of people trying to enter the House of Representatives chamber.

"The mob was going to come through the door, there was a lot of members and staff that were in danger at the time,” he said.

One of the plainclothes Capitol Police officers in the chamber fired his service weapon as “multiple individuals” tried to get into the room, he said.

“When he [drew] his weapon, that's a decision that's very hard for anyone to make and, once you draw your weapon like that, you have to defend yourself with deadly force."

The woman who was shot was taken to hospital, where she was later declared dead. She has not been officially named, but local media identified her as San Diego-area US Air Force veteran and Trump supporter Ashli Babbit.

Mullin said the shooting did result in the departure of the crowd from the doors of the chamber.

“[The officer's] actions may be judged in a lot of different ways moving forward,” Mullin said, “but his actions I believe saved people's lives even more. Unfortunately, it did take one though."
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07 January 2021, 16:51:33 »

From the bbc

Photos and video footage later show a female protester being shot as she tries to break through the barricaded doors of the Speakers' Lobby.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07 January 2021, 17:54:20 »

Make your own mind up don't just believe what the BBC says.  ::)  Here's the footage of Ashli Babbitt getting shot.  :o

Note that on the side of the doors that they were trying to get through there appears to have been nearly as many heavily armed police officers as protestors, who appear to be mostly armed with mobile phones.

WARNING GRAPHIC FOOTAGE IN THE LINK.   Well... it's not that graphic really.  A crowd of police officers and protestors on one side of the doors, someone pointing a gun on the other.  The gun is fired and a person falls backwards into the crowd and to the floor and that's it really, no blood, no guts or gore.  But if you don't fancy seeing a fellow human being getting shot, don't click the link.  ;)

None of us was there so we're all just armchair pundits and keyboard warriors, but I can't see any justification for the use of lethal force in that situation.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07 January 2021, 17:56:12 »

Make your own mind up don't just believe what the BBC says.  ::)  Here's the footage of Ashli Babbitt getting shot.  :o

Note that on the side of the doors that they were trying to get through there appears to have been nearly as many heavily armed police officers as protestors, who appear to be mostly armed with mobile phones.

WARNING GRAPHIC FOOTAGE IN THE LINK.   Well... it's not that graphic really.  A crowd of police officers and protestors on one side of the doors, someone pointing a gun on the other.  The gun is fired and a person falls backwards into the crowd and to the floor and that's it really, no blood, no guts or gore.  But if you don't fancy seeing a fellow human being getting shot, don't click the link.  ;)

None of us was there so we're all just armchair pundits and keyboard warriors, but I can't see any justification for the use of lethal force in that situation.  :(
Where's the link?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 07 January 2021, 18:03:24 »

Where's the link?  ;D

Works fine for me.  :-\  ::)  :P

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 07 January 2021, 18:04:37 »

Quote your first post, you've split the link with the word 'here's'
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 07 January 2021, 18:41:22 »

Nope. Still works for me.  ::)

Never mind it might be a bit too much for you at your age anyway, so it's probably best you stick to the BBC!  :P  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 07 January 2021, 18:45:35 »

Never mind it might be a bit too much for you at your age anyway, so it's probably best you stick to the BBC!  :P  ;D
It works because it'll be in your cache, and you've probably got an account with the fickin thing as well.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 07 January 2021, 18:46:44 »

And she still deserved it  :-*
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 07 January 2021, 18:50:39 »

Are you suggesting your great uncle is 'past it' :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 07 January 2021, 18:55:42 »

You might think that M'Lud, but I couldn't possibly comment.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 07 January 2021, 19:02:03 »

You might think that M'Lud, but I couldn't possibly comment.  :)

You'd need to ask his wife/carer. She'd know. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 07 January 2021, 19:03:08 »

Fixed your corsa yet, Mechanical Mick?  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.