Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PlayStation Network  (Read 1378 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
PlayStation Network
« on: 27 June 2021, 18:12:09 »

Has anyone else had verbal dealings with PlayStation and found them difficult?

The other day I had to sort out one of my grandsons PlayStation 4 network non my machine so he can play his Fortnight game.  It took 5 phone calls to PlayStation to give me answers as to why I could not change email address to reset the password, and then transfer his game onto mine.  With one operative she just said I had not passed security clearance and could not help me!!   I told another operator about this and how it was like getting into MI5; she readily agreed and said her colleagues and her said it was like getting into the CIA!! Got very angry, but all sorted in the end! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

As I said to them they just do not make it easy to even deal with our own personal information :P :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation Network
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2021, 18:31:47 »

Otherwise anyone could claim to be you and want to reset both the email id and account password at the same time and gain instant access to your account.

Basic, simple two step security, nowadays augmented by a text or call to the phone attached to the account in question.

If you don't understand that basic premis then you are lucky it only took 5 calls.

Mental note to self: don't rely on PlayStation Customer Services for data security ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2021, 18:49:34 »

Otherwise anyone could claim to be you and want to reset both the email id and account password at the same time and gain instant access to your account.

Basic, simple two step security, nowadays augmented by a text or call to the phone attached to the account in question.

If you don't understand that basic premis then you are lucky it only took 5 calls.

Mental note to self: don't rely on PlayStation Customer Services for data security ::)

Yes, I know all that!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

The problem was my email address was a discontinued one and I needed to reset my password.  I phoned and gave my new email account (which is virtually the same). But then the PlayStation operative just linked it to the old email address, do I had to ring back. Then the next PlayStation person needed me to create a brand new email in addition to the one I had only just given, and needed me to ring back once I had set one up.  I rang back with the new email and that operative did not recognise, with a bad attitude, my previous "new" email and although I could give her ALL my personal details, including the PS registered mobile number, DOB, etc, she did not want to know.  After that I phoned again, and found an operative who said the colleague had got it very wrong and straight away sorted it all out, agreeing with me that it was like getting through to MI5!

Satisfied now? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2021, 19:19:44 »

Entirely a situation of your own making. So not entirely sure what your complaint was ???

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2021, 19:27:23 »

Entirely a situation of your own making. So not entirely sure what your complaint was ???

Just read and understand my post and then you will understand it was not of my making but PS staff not understanding their own system ;)

My first contact with PS should have resolved the issue, but even they could not understand how my replacement email was not being recognised and I could access my own account online.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 19:29:21 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2021, 19:32:14 »

Again DG you are taking the sarcastic and cynical route with one of my posts, if not some more.  Why? ::) ::) ::)

You do it to others as well. Again, why?

None of us, including you, are perfect. ;) 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2021, 19:41:47 »

I wasn't being sarcastic.

I merely stated an observation.

It's alright for you to go all pompous when someone asked a question about camcovers, but as soon as the tables are turned, it's everyone else that's out of order. (Incidentally that's another potentially useful thread trashed because you made it all about you).

I call you out on it and get banned. Yet everyone else seems happy to suck it up. Don't know wtf that's all about, but anyhoo...

I have more important things to do that trawl through your verbose 'Woe is me" sagas.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 19:50:35 by Doctor Gollum »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2021, 19:52:54 »

Ok, but that is how it was coming across.

I may not be perfect, but I well know good business practice, the protection of customers personal details, plus great Customer Service.  I deal with my accounts on line all the time, but believe me how PS performed was more than ‘being difficult’ and really appalling.

My experience is not the only one. See Trust Pilots reviews. Bad reviews represent 90% of the total, and all over the lack of Customer Service and understanding their needs. ;)

Another TP review for this company has a 88% bad review rate. :o
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 19:56:59 by Lizzie Zoom »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2021, 07:48:57 »

It's alright for you to go all pompous when someone asked a question about camcovers, but as soon as the tables are turned, it's everyone else that's out of order. (Incidentally that's another potentially useful thread trashed because you made it all about you).

I call you out on it and get banned. Yet everyone else seems happy to suck it up. Don't know wtf that's all about, but anyhoo...

I have more important things to do that trawl through your verbose 'Woe is me" sagas.

You get knocked on the head as you clearly have issues with certain members which at times come out on public posts (and I do keep track)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2021, 08:14:07 »

Those issues clearly go both ways.

But duly noted.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 June 2021, 10:51:40 »

You get knocked on the head as you clearly have issues with certain members which at times come out on public posts (and I do keep track)
You need to get some work done, you. Sitting on here all day banning people  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.