Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: COP26  (Read 4189 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: COP26
« Reply #60 on: 12 November 2021, 20:08:05 »

All the developing countries and island nations turned up in Glasgow with their hands held out demanding money from rich countries to deal with climate change.  :)

Which is all well and good, but will we get our money back if (say) the Maldives never does get swamped?  ???  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12 November 2021, 20:36:32 »

Yes we must do as we’re told☹️ I wonder why these people involved in all this don’t show an example themselves.
Because the measures they are talking about are impossible to implement, Rae. We all know they'll never get the infrastructure in place to charge all of the cars they'd like to see on our roads. We all know that air source heat pumps are an expensive joke. We all know that you could switch the UK off tomorrow and it wouldn't make a jot of difference to the global CO2 output.
They know they have to say something, but they also know it's a hopeless situation. They can hardly all get together and, at the end of two weeks, say "We haven't got a fûckin clue, we're doomed", so the put out the type of shit we're hearing now.

We're not doomed, btw, just quite a few Asian and African countries for now. We should be concentrating on how we keep the fickers out when the water gets up to their neck and they're looking for somewhere to live. Then we also will be doomed.

Vlad or Xi may sort the world out long before we have a chance to roast, anyway. Have a nice cup of tea and work out how you're gonna die without leaving any money in the bank.

Thank you,  that is a very good post. Perhaps better than you credit it yourself even 👍👍👍
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 13 November 2021, 13:50:28 »

Yes we must do as we’re told☹️ I wonder why these people involved in all this don’t show an example themselves.
Because the measures they are talking about are impossible to implement, Rae. We all know they'll never get the infrastructure in place to charge all of the cars they'd like to see on our roads. We all know that air source heat pumps are an expensive joke. We all know that you could switch the UK off tomorrow and it wouldn't make a jot of difference to the global CO2 output.
They know they have to say something, but they also know it's a hopeless situation. They can hardly all get together and, at the end of two weeks, say "We haven't got a fûckin clue, we're doomed", so the put out the type of shit we're hearing now.

We're not doomed, btw, just quite a few Asian and African countries for now. We should be concentrating on how we keep the fickers out when the water gets up to their neck and they're looking for somewhere to live. Then we also will be doomed.

Vlad or Xi may sort the world out long before we have a chance to roast, anyway. Have a nice cup of tea and work out how you're gonna die without leaving any money in the bank.

Thank you,  that is a very good post. Perhaps better than you credit it yourself even 👍👍👍

+1  :y :y :y :y

The truth is the nations who could do something cannot unless they can cope with thousands of businesses going bust and millions becoming unemployed, then starving to death as there is no money for welfare support of any kind!!

On Steve's point of electric car charging: My daughter will soon be ordering a new mobility car for her son, but when we looked at the Vauxhall website her Grandland X choice car, that she has at the moment in diesel form, is now a hybrid only.  Not only has she no chance of getting a charging point installed at her council house, but Vx / Mobility are looking for her to make an advanced payment of £5,500+.

So where does the government and others think us poor peasants will get the money from to "go green"  and support the cut emissions campaign by 2030?

I'm afraid, no matter how good this worldly supported aim is, with all the rhetoric, we are still all, as Steve rightly says, "doomed"!! ::) ::) :( 

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 13 November 2021, 14:03:06 »

Should really be called Copout26 TBF. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13 November 2021, 15:50:13 »

Should really be called Copout26 TBF. :)
Very good Ronaldo  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 13 November 2021, 16:10:30 »

The whole thing is utter boll ocks.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 13 November 2021, 21:38:52 »

The final "agreement " seems to be an oxymoron written by Stanley Unwin .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJZF5iRhNg

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 13 November 2021, 21:43:47 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJZF5iRhNg
What we you expecting, Don? Did you actually think, even for a millisecond, that some sort of coherent strategy might be forthcoming?

Nah, didn't think so  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 13 November 2021, 21:46:17 »

Our coalman is well happy  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 13 November 2021, 21:46:30 »

That's funny!  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 13 November 2021, 21:50:08 »

I remember old Stanley well. He was hilarious. I had an uncle who used to talk in a similar fashion but he wasnt doing it comically.
He was a retard who was trying to sound clever, which was even funnier than old Stanley.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 13 November 2021, 21:55:30 »

John Kerry is busy doing an impression of Joe Biden.
Or Stanley Unwin....... :-\
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 13 November 2021, 21:57:35 »

Global warming?
I've just come up to go to bed. It's November 13th. My heating is off. The dog is laying at the side of the bed panting because she's too warm. Hmmmm....... ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 13 November 2021, 22:11:52 »

John Kerry is busy doing an impression of Joe Biden.
Or Stanley Unwin....... :-\
He's just said he's gonna follow through. Hope he finishes his speech first.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 13 November 2021, 23:27:18 »

I wonder what the media reaction would have been if Trump had "farted long and loud" while talking to one of the royals, as Biden apparently did the other day ?  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.