Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh my God! They killed Kenny...  (Read 8569 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my God! They killed Kenny...
« Reply #30 on: 04 December 2021, 11:54:19 »

Not always...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/03/calm-omicron-uks-immunity-different-south-africas-says-expert/

And that interview I referred to previously, was on the BBC :P
That's behind a pay wall, but I get the idea. We're all fine, no need for masks at all.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 December 2021, 12:08:57 »

I wouldn't be against that idea.

After all you can already catch colds twice, why should TCV be any different?

Anyone would think that we couldn't cope with anything pre 2020 :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 December 2021, 12:26:23 »

Previously infected, vaccinated people in South Africa are catching Omicron. But they are not seriously I'll, apparently.
I don't know what all of this means, but that doesn't matter. Neither do the opinions expressed by you on here matter. The government tells you what you should do, and you either do it or don't. You spent a lot of time at home during the last wave and, if people refuse to wear masks in crowded places, you'll be doing it again. Your choice.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 December 2021, 12:36:18 »

We didn't get a 5.5 million patient NHS waiting list because people where bed blocking the hospitals with "colds"  ::)

you still don't get it do you  ???

people being stupid / selfish and not wearing masks means the virus  spreads much quicker

every new covid infection/case means the virus replicates a billion times

every time it replicates ,it runs the risk of mutation

new mutations become vaccine resistant

people (vaccinated or not) catch the new variant and take up hospital beds

that means there are not enough hospital beds for people who need non covid related  treatment.

get the idea ?

I have relatives with Cancer and other medical needs that are getting "hit and miss treatment" and waiting for appointments because selfish/stupid people don't follow the rules and wear a mask to stop the spread .

One day you might wake up when it is one or more of your friends or relatives dead   ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 December 2021, 12:40:05 »

We didn't get a 5.5 million patient NHS waiting list because people where bed blocking the hospitals with "colds"  ::)

you still don't get it do you  ???

people being stupid / selfish and not wearing masks means the virus  spreads much quicker

every new covid infection/case means the virus replicates a billion times

every time it replicates ,it runs the risk of mutation

new mutations become vaccine resistant

people (vaccinated or not) catch the new variant and take up hospital beds

that means there are not enough hospital beds for people who need non covid related  treatment.

get the idea ?

I have relatives with Cancer and other medical needs that are getting "hit and miss treatment" and waiting for appointments because selfish/stupid people don't follow the rules and wear a mask to stop the spread .

One day you might wake up when it is one or more of your friends or relatives dead   ::)

Well explained Dave and all true :y :y :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 December 2021, 12:44:12 »

DG don't read my posts past line 2 either Lizzie  :(   :-X    ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 December 2021, 13:22:08 »

740,000 missed cancer appointments since this started. Nothing really important then. :-X

The NHS has become the CHS.

exactly and other hospital cases too. thats the whole idea of the vaccine isnt it, to prevent people becoming ill enough to need hospital treatment so the hospitals can get on with other treatments that they would have been doing pre covid.
this is where the non believers ,non mask wearers and just plain arrogant idiots are making this worse and longer lasting for the rest of us.
yes the gov may have made bad judgements and even broke the rules but without doubt if the entire country had done what they were told and the fines had been greater for breaking the rules we might be down a bit of a better road now.who knows. but it certainly wouldnt have been worse
indeed  :y

There's still idiots not wearing masks in the shops now ,3 days after the legal mandate  >:(
the vaccine helps ,but it isn't a complete solution,far from it , people need to slow the spread until we have a cure

I have no problem being around the unvaccinated. I could give it to them despite being double jabbed, as easily as they could give it to me.
"Could"

don't bother applying facts ,figures and statistics ::)

just remain blissfully ignorant

OK, Dave. ;)

We know roughly 99% survive and just 1% DON'T.

We know 'almost' all children and the vast majority of adults under 60 will survive.

We also know the vast majority of the 1% are 'proper old' and usually have additional health issues. Many were already sitting in Gods waiting room. ::)

Catastrophizing by members of the public and the media doesn't help, and I note they just  give the number of 'covid related deaths' but don't mention the age of the deceased. :y

« Last Edit: 04 December 2021, 13:23:39 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 December 2021, 13:30:03 »

740,000 missed cancer appointments since this started. Nothing really important then. :-X

exactly and other hospital cases too. thats the whole idea of the vaccine isnt it, to prevent people becoming ill enough to need hospital treatment so the hospitals can get on with other treatments that they would have been doing pre covid.
this is where the non believers ,non mask wearers and just plain arrogant idiots are making this worse and longer lasting for the rest of us.
yes the gov may have made bad judgements and even broke the rules but without doubt if the entire country had done what they were told and the fines had been greater for breaking the rules we might be down a bit of a better road now.who knows. but it certainly wouldnt have been worse

There's still idiots not wearing masks in the shops now ,3 days after the legal mandate  >:(
the vaccine helps ,but it isn't a complete solution,far from it , people need to slow the spread until we have a cure

I have no problem being around the unvaccinated. I could give it to them despite being double jabbed, as easily as they could give it to me.
"Could"

OK, Dave. ;)

We know 'almost' all children and the vast majority of adults under 60 will survive.

We also know the vast majority of the 1% are 'proper old' and usually have additional health issues. Many were already sitting in Gods waiting room. ::)

Catastrophizing by members of the public and the media doesn't help, and I note they just  give the number of 'covid related deaths' but don't mention the age of the deceased. :y

so what is your age cut off point for just putting the oldies in a field to die if they get covid  :-\ over 25s ?

statistics clicky

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 December 2021, 13:30:09 »

Like I said, doesn't really matter what anyone on here thinks, the government will do as it sees fit. If you're complaining about mask wearing now, wait till hospitality shuts down again. Then airports, then work from home.
Look at Germany, Austria and the Netherlands, they thought it was all over......
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 December 2021, 13:32:18 »

DG don't read my posts past line 2 either Lizzie  :(   :-X    ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D I know! ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 December 2021, 13:34:58 »

Like I said, doesn't really matter what anyone on here thinks, the government will do as it sees fit. If you're complaining about mask wearing now, wait till hospitality shuts down again. Then airports, then work from home.
Look at Germany, Austria and the Netherlands, they thought it was all over......

Yes indeed, and it will not be over for a long time.  Not until the fat lady nature sings

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 December 2021, 13:43:12 »

"Could"

OK, Dave. ;)

so what is your age cut off point for just putting the oldies in a field to die if they get covid  :-\ over 25s ?

statistics clicky

Dave.....your data shows a hospital admission rate for Covid of 6.2 people in every 100,000......or roughly 1 person in 20,000.

Or......0.00062%

This is why I advise against hysteria. ::)

« Last Edit: 04 December 2021, 13:46:29 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 December 2021, 13:54:07 »

Covid has mutated to Omicron variant ,which spreads very rapidly and re-infects even double jabbed.

it may or may not be mild ,and long term effects of even the original Wuhan strain .

now Covid just needs another mutation (and each new case is a billion potential mutations)  to attack everyone and swap from 1% death rate to 99% death rate .

so wearing a mask in shops etc seems trivial compared to what could happen

2 years ago we where all blissfully unaware of what was about to happen  ::)

Dave.....your data shows a hospital admission rate for Covid of 6.2 people in every 100,000......or roughly 1 person in 20,000.

Or......0.00062%

apply that figure to the number of hospital beds available  ::)

5.5 million people are waiting

are you incapable of seeing the bigger picture  :-\

or too selfish to care until it effects you personally  ???

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 December 2021, 14:05:37 »

Covid has mutated to Omicron variant ,which spreads very rapidly and re-infects even double jabbed.

it may or may not be mild ,and long term effects of even the original Wuhan strain .

now Covid just needs another mutation (and each new case is a billion potential mutations)  to attack everyone and swap from 1% death rate to 99% death rate .

so wearing a mask in shops etc seems trivial compared to what could happen

2 years ago we where all blissfully unaware of what was about to happen  ::)

Or......0.00062%

apply that figure to the number of hospital beds available  ::)

5.5 million people are waiting

are you incapable of seeing the bigger picture  :-\

or too selfish to care until it effects you personally ???

No....I'm just not a drama queen.

I've done research into my family history. It is literally littered with children who died as infants, and many adults who did not make it past 40, usually because of consumption, or smallpox, or something equally nasty.

Most families suffered a similar death rates. So nothing unique to me.

I'm not going to worry myself too much about this. It will pass. It is far from the end of the world. :)

Perspective, Dave. ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 December 2021, 14:29:25 »

From what I understand viruses generally get more infectious as they mutate, but the effects of the illness get milder as the hosts immune systems adjust to deal with the threat, either through vaccination or previous infection.

For a virus to survive it has to stop killing its hosts.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.