Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Boris news conference at six  (Read 1925 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Boris news conference at six
« Reply #15 on: 09 December 2021, 12:06:06 »

Another worrying thing is that 4 out 5 in intensive are the unjabbed, I accept some people can't because of medical reasoms but come on  >:(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 December 2021, 12:42:29 »

Another worrying thing is that 4 out 5 in intensive are the unjabbed, I accept some people can't because of medical reasoms but come on  >:(
This then gets spun as everyone else's fault. Currently waiting on my surgery for the booster appointment, and contrary to the impression I may give, I do where a mask where I am obliged to and don't have much to do with anyone outside of my immediate family or work.

Yes, I think that some of the rules make little or no sense, but they are what they are, and they could make alot less sense. I also think that the constant negativity around the whole thing is unnecessarily draining on everyone as every snippet of news seems to be engineered to scare yet more people more than they already are.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 December 2021, 13:05:57 »

Johnson, Whitty, and Vallance were suitably apocalyptic in their appraisal. ::) ::) ::)

Anyone know the current number of fatalities from the Omicron strain. ::)
Conveniently not.

The general rule seems to be that as a virus mutates it spreads more easily but becomes less potent.

I'll keep my powder dry for now, but it may be the Omicron variant is like a teabag that has just been dipped in it's 10th cup of boiling water.

We'll see.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 December 2021, 14:21:33 »

Lets hope so.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 December 2021, 17:06:22 »

This bloke seems to know his onions

https://youtu.be/5E6gpPJwYIY
I only had time to watch the first 10 mins, so far, and I found one statistic very interesting. Out of the hospitalised patients in SA with covid, the vast majority were 'incidental'. In other words, they were not hospitalised because of covid, but found to have covid when routinely tested. I wonder if this kind of patient is included in the figures released daily over here. If so, if would really skew the numbers.

Yes of course they are. Thousands of people have contracted Covid in hospital after being admitted for other things and then become a Covid statistic.... whether you live or die.

Same as when people die of whatever, if there is even a slight whiff of Covid it'll go down on your death cert and you become a Covid stat!  ::)

An 85 year old friend went in with pneumonia last November and contracted Covid while he was in.  He went (or was put) into a coma for a while but came round luckily and the tough old bugger has made a full recovery.  :y  Although he did look really frail when he first came home.  :-\

The thing that he was most pissed off about was not that he had caught Covid in the hospital, but that when he woke up he found a Do Not Resuscitate label around his neck!  ::)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2021, 17:22:32 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 December 2021, 17:22:09 »

I only had time to watch the first 10 mins, so far, and I found one statistic very interesting. Out of the hospitalised patients in SA with covid, the vast majority were 'incidental'. In other words, they were not hospitalised because of covid, but found to have covid when routinely tested. I wonder if this kind of patient is included in the figures released daily over here. If so, if would really skew the numbers.

Yes of course they are. Thousands of people have contracted Covid in hospital after being admitted for other things and then become a Covid statistic.... whether you live or die.

Same as when people die of whatever, if there is even a slight whiff of Covid it'll go down on your death cert and you become a Covid stat!  ::)
Thank you for clearing that up, Sajid  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 December 2021, 17:24:41 »

No problem Uncle STEMO!  :y

Anything else you need clearing up................                                    Ask Lord Opti!  ;D

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 December 2021, 17:41:38 »

This then gets spun as everyone else's fault. Currently waiting on my surgery for the booster appointment, and contrary to the impression I may give, I do where a mask where I am obliged to and don't have much to do with anyone outside of my immediate family or work.

Yes, I think that some of the rules make little or no sense, but they are what they are, and they could make alot less sense. I also think that the constant negativity around the whole thing is unnecessarily draining on everyone as every snippet of news seems to be engineered to scare yet more people more than they already are.

Don't bother waiting for your surgery, Book it on the NHS website....same as I did...im booked in on Monday  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 December 2021, 18:08:25 »

On my travels today I popped into a branch of Pret for a quick sarnie at lunchtime. 

As it was pissing down outside I opted to stay in and headed downstairs to a basement like room, which turned out to be packed with students all mingling and wandering around with no masks on.

A girl at the table next to me had a nasty hacking cough, and when I rolled my eyes at them when she went into a particularly spasm of coughs, all I got in return was a load of giggles!  ::)  They didn't give shit about the poor old vulnerable bloke sat next to them.  :-\

I'll let you know if I survive or not!  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 December 2021, 18:08:57 »

They were pretty efficient at getting the first two done...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 December 2021, 18:10:17 »

We both had our boosters about 4 weeks ago , we have now had 3 letters each asking us to make appointments for the booster ! The amount of paperwork in each letter is totally ridiculous it's in umpteen different languages, what a waste of money.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 December 2021, 18:21:00 »

Yeah, iv'e had emails and texts asking me to book my booster jab. Had it done weeks ago. The wastage in the NHS must be eye watering. :o

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 December 2021, 18:28:14 »

Whilst waiting the final 3 days before having my booster at a local chemist Covid jab centre, my GP wrote and text me to offer the jab.

Previously my GP surgery had not offered any Covid jabs at all and would not take any enquiries on the subject! ::) ::) ::)

Still it must be said that the whole Covid Jab operation has been a tremendous success with a staggering amount of planning and logistics involved :D ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 December 2021, 18:42:23 »

Anything else you need clearing up................                                    Ask Lord Opti!  ;D
Well....it's still a bit red and itchy.... :(
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 December 2021, 18:51:01 »

Well....it's still a bit red and itchy.... :(

Ah yes... Lord Opti's area of special interest!  :y                                                                                                                   

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.