Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I thought this covid lark was finished  (Read 5923 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: I thought this covid lark was finished
« Reply #90 on: 12 April 2022, 19:40:04 »

It stands to reason that if people were able to go shopping, the stocks would be better managed than trying to deliver to individuals.
It also stands to reason that, if you have decided on a zero covid policy (rightly or wrongly), then you can't have people going out.
Even if you starve them into oblivion?

Obviously the Chinese have a few people to spare, so if it's for the greater good, then they can probably justify internally.
I tend to ignore Sky and BBC News, because they are one and the same really, with certain agendas.

It would appear, as said, whilst there are logistical issues getting enough supplies to all areas, 25m people aren't starving.  Now, it ain't a utopia, but it aint armageddon.

But its given me an idea for how to achieve the mass cull when I'm voted in...
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 12 April 2022, 19:42:27 »

It stands to reason that if people were able to go shopping, the stocks would be better managed than trying to deliver to individuals.
It also stands to reason that, if you have decided on a zero covid policy (rightly or wrongly), then you can't have people going out.

Obviously the Chinese have a few people to spare, so if it's for the greater good, then they can probably justify internally.
I tend to ignore Sky and BBC News, because they are one and the same really, with certain agendas.

It would appear, as said, whilst there are logistical issues getting enough supplies to all areas, 25m people aren't starving.  Now, it ain't a utopia, but it aint armageddon.

A climbdown, of sorts  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 12 April 2022, 20:24:04 »

Dead people can't catch or spread Covid.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 12 April 2022, 20:50:14 »

Perhaps not, but kill that many? Just to prove a point...

And the alleged infection rate is increasing in the face of the lock downs. Ergo the Lockdowns don't work.

Across China, infected people recover at a rate of 97 to 3. ie 97% recover. That's across the population of 1,450,000,000 and from the start of this nonsense and not just across one city in the last fortnight. And that's if you genuinely believe that they have only had 166,000 cases in the last two plus years.

The vast majority of cases are asymptomatic, and they probably have a reasonable level of immunity, ergo, the response makes zero sense.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 12 April 2022, 21:04:54 »

Perhaps not, but kill that many? Just to prove a point...

And the alleged infection rate is increasing in the face of the lock downs. Ergo the Lockdowns don't work.

Across China, infected people recover at a rate of 97 to 3. ie 97% recover. That's across the population of 1,450,000,000 and from the start of this nonsense and not just across one city in the last fortnight. And that's if you genuinely believe that they have only had 166,000 cases in the last two plus years.

The vast majority of cases are asymptomatic, and they probably have a reasonable level of immunity, ergo, the response makes zero sense.

They did it before with the Great Leap Forward, so why not?  ???

I think you think that President Xi and the CCP actually care about the people of China.  :-\  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 12 April 2022, 21:08:58 »

No illusions there :)

It’s unfortunate that the people concerned aren't allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 12 April 2022, 21:15:20 »

It’s unfortunate that the people concerned aren't allowed to have an opinion on the matter.
They never were.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 12 April 2022, 22:13:30 »

They never were.

And probably never will either.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 13 April 2022, 16:23:01 »

Well, I now have it. >:(
Ive been testing regularly since the wedding on sunday, and been feeling increasingly rough. Todays test was a clear positive.
Supposed to work 5 shifts in the next 6 days but wont be doing any of them.
Nearly 14 years in the job and not one day off sick until now.  :(
Swmbo is still resting negative, but she doesnt feel great, so I expect her to test positive in the next day or two.
Fickin chinkys.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 13 April 2022, 16:33:38 »

Voted in.... :o :o :o

You're supposed to be a dictator. ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 13 April 2022, 16:51:23 »

Well, I now have it. >:(
Ive been testing regularly since the wedding on sunday, and been feeling increasingly rough. Todays test was a clear positive.
Supposed to work 5 shifts in the next 6 days but wont be doing any of them.
Nearly 14 years in the job and not one day off sick until now.  :(
Swmbo is still resting negative, but she doesnt feel great, so I expect her to test positive in the next day or two.
Fickin chinkys.  ::)
I'm sure you'll be fine, Albs, but I'm a bit concerned about your good lady. She's been through a lot  :(
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 13 April 2022, 17:22:53 »

Two things.

Expect to spend 2-4 days in bed asleep.

Don't test. Once you feel better, return to work*.

My aunt and uncle, both in their seventies, had it and she was still testing positive two weeks later and the test result became all consuming. Once you feel better, you won't be contagious, so don't waste any time worrying about it.

*Obviously, if SWMBO requires looking after then that takes priority.

Top up on vitamins, especially D, and remember that chicken soup cures everything :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 13 April 2022, 18:27:56 »

Take care of yourself & SWMBO it seems to affect everybody differently, nearly everyone in our road has had it  ( except us ) & some are still suffering from the after effects especially those with underlying medical conditions, I really think we have avoided it due to our daily exercise routine, could be right could be wrong but  we are both fastly approaching 70 so try to keep as fit as possible.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2022, 18:34:50 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 13 April 2022, 18:39:01 »

Swmbo has a nurse come every couple of months to inject her with very strong immunosuppressant medication, so she is highly vulnerable.
Suprisingly though, so far, her symptoms arent as bad as mine and she is still testing negative.
I hope it continues that way.
Im wearing a N95 mask indoors at the moment and sleeping in the spare room, until were sure one way or the other.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 13 April 2022, 18:43:55 »

Two things.

Expect to spend 2-4 days in bed asleep.

Don't test. Once you feel better, return to work*.

My aunt and uncle, both in their seventies, had it and she was still testing positive two weeks later and the test result became all consuming. Once you feel better, you won't be contagious, so don't waste any time worrying about it.

*Obviously, if SWMBO requires looking after then that takes priority.

Top up on vitamins, especially D, and remember that chicken soup cures everything :y

Jewish penicillin. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.