Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello John got (getting) a new motor.  (Read 4853 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Hello John got (getting) a new motor.
« Reply #75 on: 23 May 2022, 16:19:16 »

(Un)reliable or not, I still think a gen 1 R8 with manual gearbox would be a sound investment, if you like that sort of thing...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 23 May 2022, 16:22:03 »

(Un)reliable or not, I still think a gen 1 R8 with manual gearbox would be a sound investment, if you like that sort of thing...

With a clackity-clackity metal gate. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 23 May 2022, 16:52:41 »

https://youtu.be/35N9ORo6RS4

The M240i does well considering it is a humble 'M lite' against a full fat RS Audi and AMG Merc.

£10,000 cheaper than the Audi and £15,000 less than the Merc. :o :o :o

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 23 May 2022, 16:59:56 »

The M240i does well considering it is a humble 'M lite' against a full fat RS Audi and AMG Merc.

On the road there would be absolutely no difference in speed and the beemer would handle much better than the other two.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 23 May 2022, 17:08:18 »

On the road there would be absolutely no difference in speed and the beemer would handle much better than the other two.

Why are you being nice. Do you want something?... ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

As for paying £62,000 for a car with a 'tuned to the knackers' 2 litre 4 cylinder engine ( Mercedes).....well f*uck that. :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 23 May 2022, 17:30:17 »

Why are you being nice. Do you want something?... ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

As for paying £62,000 for a car with a 'tuned to the knackers' 2 litre 4 cylinder engine ( Mercedes).....well f*uck that. :-X
I'm not being nice, and I'm not nasty either, I just state the facts......arsehole  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 28 May 2022, 14:34:57 »

I've just noticed that 3 'new model' M240i X-Drive have trickled down and are for sale with delivery mileage. All are being offered at main dealers for £12000-£18,000 over full list price. It's insane.

I've already signed on the dotted line and paid a £1000 deposit so they'd better not try and move the goalposts.

It won't last....as more become available the prices will drop.

I seem to recall something similar when the new Range Rover was introduced and some people were unwilling to wait for delivery. :-X

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 29 May 2022, 18:47:27 »

Two new Purple M240i’s sat in North Oxford BMW garage. No price tag yet, and I didn’t want to ask in case he asked me to sit down for a chat.  ;D
Years ago I had a wish list of cars that I’d love to own but couldn’t afford. Now I can afford most new models on my wish list I don’t want then.  :-\  Strange how things change. All of my later BMW’s have done 0-60 mph in around 4.6 seconds and hit 155mph in the blink of an eye. Being diesel, you can average 35/36mpg around town and a thoroughly respectable 50mpg on a long run. I never use launch control and I can’t remember the last time that I had an adrenaline rush where I felt the need to hit 155mph.  ::)
There’s no need for people to own such fast cars and it should be stopped.  ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 29 May 2022, 19:37:07 »

Two new Purple M240i’s sat in North Oxford BMW garage. No price tag yet, and I didn’t want to ask in case he asked me to sit down for a chat.  ;D
Years ago I had a wish list of cars that I’d love to own but couldn’t afford. Now I can afford most new models on my wish list I don’t want then.  :-\  Strange how things change. All of my later BMW’s have done 0-60 mph in around 4.6 seconds and hit 155mph in the blink of an eye. Being diesel, you can average 35/36mpg around town and a thoroughly respectable 50mpg on a long run. I never use launch control and I can’t remember the last time that I had an adrenaline rush where I felt the need to hit 155mph.  ::)
There’s no need for people to own such fast cars and it should be stopped.  ;D ;D
Yeah, right. 'dangle berries'. ;D

Speaking of Beemers, I was round your neck of the woods yesterday. What's the storying behind that Beemer wedged in the side of the house between the A418 roundabout and the Towersey roundabout?
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 29 May 2022, 20:25:53 »

…………
Speaking of Beemers, I was round your neck of the woods yesterday. What's the storying behind that Beemer wedged in the side of the house between the A418 roundabout and the Towersey roundabout?

They seem to be a bit vague on that, just a little report that is incorrect. The report says the bmw went through the brick wall protecting the owners property and clipped a tree, causing the driver minor injuries. As you’ve witnessed, no mention of the flcking great big hole in the owners house where you can see completely inside their sitting room. They’ve set up traffic lights but I can’t see any Acrow props supporting any brickwork.  :-\

You should have popped in for a cuppa.  :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 29 May 2022, 21:23:21 »

…………

They seem to be a bit vague on that, just a little report that is incorrect. The report says the bmw went through the brick wall protecting the owners property and clipped a tree, causing the driver minor injuries. As you’ve witnessed, no mention of the flcking great big hole in the owners house where you can see completely inside their sitting room. They’ve set up traffic lights but I can’t see any Acrow props supporting any brickwork.  :-\

I think they'd have been too busy putting the living room in order to be making tea for Jaime.
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 29 May 2022, 22:08:09 »

…………

I think they'd have been too busy putting the living room in order to be making tea for Jaime.

I suppose it was a bit early to expect them to making him a cuppa.

I did of course mean pop to my house for a cuppa but you already knew that.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 30 May 2022, 13:03:41 »

…………

I suppose it was a bit early to expect them to making him a cuppa.

I did of course mean pop to my house for a cuppa but you already knew that.  ;D

Scouse wit.....we are all enlightened and blessed by such a gift. ::) ::) ::) ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 31 May 2022, 16:21:11 »

I thought about it, but then realised I didn't have a clapped out B&S lawnmower in the boot, and cant be popping in without giving you something to do ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.