Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: suspended Irish teacher  (Read 2210 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: suspended Irish teacher
« Reply #30 on: 07 September 2022, 19:31:45 »

https://youtu.be/6IU0ZXjdUVs

Ricky Gervais has it about right. ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 September 2022, 20:19:01 »

Yes, yes, all very funny, but not for those who are recognised as being transgendered and feel perhaps life is not for them in this such “perfect world”.

FFS, I am so glad so many think themselves so perfect and can criticise those with a medical condition.   >:(

Shame on you, such perfect men.

Thank God there is more women than men on this planet.  Trouble is the men still have the likes of Putin to carry their banner!  Now that is a far far bigger problem than what you lot are rabbitting on about! >:(

……and from a women’s point of view on the subject matter of Gervais ‘humour’, I would add that there are many women, yes born female, who are without a womb.  The poor souls were either born that way, or due to disease have had them removed.

Are the any less than us women without a womb?  Or is a man without a penis, due to a birth defect, later illness, or accident, any less a man than one who has that organ? ::) ::)

« Last Edit: 07 September 2022, 20:38:19 by Lizzie Zoom »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 September 2022, 20:30:13 »

No, do not blame men, the fairer sex have their share of evil bastards
https://list25.com/25-most-evil-women-in-history/
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 September 2022, 20:32:54 »

Of course there have been evil women.  But did they start World Wars with multiple millions killed?

;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 September 2022, 20:43:39 »

Yes, yes, all very funny, but not for those who are recognised as being transgendered and feel perhaps life is not for them in this such “perfect world”.

FFS, I am so glad so many think themselves so perfect and can criticise those with a medical condition.   >:(

Shame on you, such perfect men.

Thank God there is more women than men on this planet.  Trouble is the men still have the likes of Putin to carry their banner!  Now that is a far far bigger problem than what you lot are rabbitting on about! >:(

……and from a women’s point of view on the subject matter of Gervais ‘humour’, I would add that there are many women, yes born female, who are without a womb.  The poor souls were either born that way, or due to disease have had them removed.

Are the any less than us women without a womb?  Or is a man without a penis, due to a birth defect, later illness, or accident, any less a man than one who has that organ? ::) ::)
Birth defects and gender reassignment are very different things. And again by tarring very different groups with the same brush does a disservice to both.

But I don't suppose that matters as long as you are right.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 September 2022, 20:48:58 »

It really doesn't matter to me what arguments are made for or against, I will always use me/me/me, and anyone who doesn't like it will just have to burst out crying.  :)

Or laughing!  ;D
No, by the sound of you, crying  ::)
Diesel till I die

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 September 2022, 21:14:54 »

Thank God the laws now restrict you using such offensive language. 

And therein lies the problem.

Restricting "offensive" language does nothing to prevent people thinking as they do. Indeed, I would argue that making any group a legally-protected minority within society is likely to create more animosity, not less.

For example, the state of race relations in this country (and in the US) has, in my view, become considerably worse since certain language has been effectively banned.

It has also had the effect of killing comedy, which is based on stereotypes.

I am old enough to remember the expression "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". Pity the Woke brigade haven't taken that maxim on board.     
« Last Edit: 07 September 2022, 21:26:02 by Migalot »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 September 2022, 21:44:54 »

Come on  Lizz you know better than that…😂
Women have been responsible for initiating wars at nearly every point in history.

The earliest I know of off the top of my head is Queen Tetua of Illyria who began a war by executing Roman envoys who were attempting to negotiate for her to crack down on Illyrian pirates who were threatening Roman merchants.

There’s Cleopatra of course who initiated one war to claim the throne of Egypt with Caesar backing her. Her role in the conflict between Mark Antony and Augustus is more complicated. She’s certainly been blamed for the conflict but I can’t say how much of that is legend and propaganda as I haven’t studied her in detail.

Boudica lead a very famous war against Rome. There are two accounts of her motivations, one would hardly make her the aggressor but the other is a debatable justification. Tacitus claims that when Rome attempted to annex her territory, which was a former Roman ally under her husband Prasutagus she responded by trying to assert her authority as Queen of the Iceni and successor to her husband. The Romans proceeded to flog her and having her daughter raped. Cassius Dio however claims the conflict started because of the confiscation of donations paid to influential Britons and the calling in of British debts. Boudica lead a large uprising which razed and burned three Roman towns before being defeated by Suetonius.

One of my favorites is Zenobia of Palmyra who formed a break away empire from some of Rome’s Eastern regions and proceeded to invade Egypt. She too was defeated, this time by Emperor Aurelian.

The middle ages have a variety of ruling queens, not to mention lesser feudal rulers. I’m sure there are many conflicts to choose from in this period but I don’t know any notable ones personally.

England had a few reigning Queens and plenty of wars were fought under them. Queen Anne even had a war named after her. I don’t know if that war is actually something she initiated because again it’s not something I’ve studied in detail. In most wars who started it is a matter of debate.

Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 September 2022, 22:09:52 »

Come on  Lizz you know better than that…😂
Women have been responsible for initiating wars at nearly every point in history.

The earliest I know of off the top of my head is Queen Tetua of Illyria who began a war by executing Roman envoys who were attempting to negotiate for her to crack down on Illyrian pirates who were threatening Roman merchants.

There’s Cleopatra of course who initiated one war to claim the throne of Egypt with Caesar backing her. Her role in the conflict between Mark Antony and Augustus is more complicated. She’s certainly been blamed for the conflict but I can’t say how much of that is legend and propaganda as I haven’t studied her in detail.

Boudica lead a very famous war against Rome. There are two accounts of her motivations, one would hardly make her the aggressor but the other is a debatable justification. Tacitus claims that when Rome attempted to annex her territory, which was a former Roman ally under her husband Prasutagus she responded by trying to assert her authority as Queen of the Iceni and successor to her husband. The Romans proceeded to flog her and having her daughter raped. Cassius Dio however claims the conflict started because of the confiscation of donations paid to influential Britons and the calling in of British debts. Boudica lead a large uprising which razed and burned three Roman towns before being defeated by Suetonius.

One of my favorites is Zenobia of Palmyra who formed a break away empire from some of Rome’s Eastern regions and proceeded to invade Egypt. She too was defeated, this time by Emperor Aurelian.

The middle ages have a variety of ruling queens, not to mention lesser feudal rulers. I’m sure there are many conflicts to choose from in this period but I don’t know any notable ones personally.

England had a few reigning Queens and plenty of wars were fought under them. Queen Anne even had a war named after her. I don’t know if that war is actually something she initiated because again it’s not something I’ve studied in detail. In most wars who started it is a matter of debate.

There's quite a few 'old queens' about these days too Rae.  ;)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 September 2022, 22:25:39 »

That’s true, and I really respect Lizz in her quest for what she believes in. But I don’t believe in it, don’t like it, and I will not be silenced by anybody ever. Putin needs to be removed the world is undoubtedly in big trouble on a multitude of levels, however pandering to this sort of nonsense is only going to make thing worse.
Laying a rubber road.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 September 2022, 23:11:32 »

Putin needs to be removed

I beg to disagree.

He is not the problem. If you research the 2014 Maidan Coup by the US in Ukraine, the refusal by Ukraine to implement the Minsk Agreements, the 14,000 deaths of Russian-speaking citizens in Donbass and Lugansk in 8 years from shelling by the Nazi AZOV fighters and others, the 50-odd US biolabs setup by the US in Ukraine and the training by of Ukraine forces by NATO since 2014 (admitted by Stoltenburg the other day), then I would suggest that he may have had a possible reason to step in. It is my view that this war was deliberately initiated by those who seek to destabilise Europe..and it appears they are achieving that.

Besides which, regime change is not our duty. It is entirely up to the Russian people who they want as leader (and they currently want him). 
« Last Edit: 07 September 2022, 23:18:33 by Migalot »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 September 2022, 23:52:26 »

Of course there have been evil women.  But did they start World Wars with multiple millions killed?

;)

Indirectly yes.  Eva Braun probably laughed at Adolf's single ball and he was so enraged he invaded Poland!  :)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 September 2022, 23:53:35 »

It really doesn't matter to me what arguments are made for or against, I will always use me/me/me, and anyone who doesn't like it will just have to burst out crying.  :)

Or laughing!  ;D
No, by the sound of you, crying  ::)

Well I thought it was funny!  :-\   ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 September 2022, 00:23:00 »

Putin needs to be removed

I beg to disagree.

He is not the problem. If you research the 2014 Maidan Coup by the US in Ukraine, the refusal by Ukraine to implement the Minsk Agreements, the 14,000 deaths of Russian-speaking citizens in Donbass and Lugansk in 8 years from shelling by the Nazi AZOV fighters and others, the 50-odd US biolabs setup by the US in Ukraine and the training by of Ukraine forces by NATO since 2014 (admitted by Stoltenburg the other day), then I would suggest that he may have had a possible reason to step in. It is my view that this war was deliberately initiated by those who seek to destabilise Europe..and it appears they are achieving that.

Besides which, regime change is not our duty. It is entirely up to the Russian people who they want as leader (and they currently want him).

Fair enough and I see your point of view but that’s the past, at the moment we need to concentrate on the now and the future. Besides I don’t think Putin is conducive to world peace, and he has been trying to procure this war since he took office.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 September 2022, 00:23:33 »

And he’s a knob
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.