Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: HM Queen Elizabeth ll health  (Read 6835 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: HM Queen Elizabeth ll health
« Reply #120 on: 16 September 2022, 15:08:39 »

I take my hat off to all those willing to stand in that long queue to pay their respects to Her Maj.

Great Britons all of them!  :y

I'm surprised your elderly uncle from Barnsley didn't thumb a lift down to London with his tent. :)
Errrrrm........no  :-X
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 16 September 2022, 15:13:26 »

I take my hat off to all those willing to stand in that long queue to pay their respects to Her Maj.

I'm surprised your elderly uncle from Barnsley didn't thumb a lift down to London with his tent. :)

I'm pretty sure the Queen would have make her way to Barnsley to give you a good send off. ::) ::) ::) :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 16 September 2022, 15:24:22 »

I'm pretty sure the Queen would have make her way to Barnsley to give you a good send off. ::) ::) ::) :)
Well she can't, can she? So we'll never know.  ::)
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 16 September 2022, 16:54:10 »

So do I.  I could not believe at first how long that queue is in a part of London I know.  4.5 growing to 5 miles over the Thames all the way back to Bermondsey. it will soon be  arriving at Rotherhithe! :o

The British queuing system is alive and well. ;)

Now that is a bloody long queue that I could not do now, without a chair, picnic, and more importantly toilets, available every few yards, although I understand there are good facilities at the Westminster end. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 16 September 2022, 17:25:02 »

I just hope that one of the crew on my flight was able to get home without too much disruption. The queue was in her road :o
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 16 September 2022, 17:26:07 »

Now I have learnt the queuing time is 24 hours!!!!!

Bloody hell. I just could not be bothered to do that now, if before.  I know the Queen is not there, but elsewhere in the spirit world.  To pass a coffin with a flag over it is good from a historical point of view, but…………

Still it is obvious many thousands are prepared to do it.  Best of luck to them :y :y :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 16 September 2022, 19:18:37 »

Bloody hell. I just could not be bothered to do that now, if before.  I know the Queen is not there, but elsewhere in the spirit world.  To pass a coffin with a flag over it is good from a historical point of view, but…………

Still it is obvious many thousands are prepared to do it.  Best of luck to them :y :y :y
Spirit world? Give it a fickin rest  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 16 September 2022, 19:20:15 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 16 September 2022, 19:27:05 »

Spirit world? Give it a fickin rest  ;D ;D ;D

Is that for you a bottle of whisky or rum? ;D ;D ;)

No doubt there will be wakes for the Queen.  A good excuse for booze ;D :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 18 September 2022, 10:28:50 »

I queued on Friday after being contacted by some ex forces pals, we felt that we just had to do it we had a combined total of 103 years of serving Her Majesty so glad we did the atmosphere was magnificent and the comments from a lot of the people queuing to us in uniform was very humbling , don't care what anyone may say our armed forces are without doubt the best in the world, and are certainly appreciated by the majority of the general public.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2022, 10:30:33 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 18 September 2022, 10:44:04 »

I queued on Friday after being contacted by some ex forces pals, we felt that we just had to do it we had a combined total of 103 years of serving Her Majesty so glad we did the atmosphere was magnificent and the comments from a lot of the people queuing to us in uniform was very humbling , don't care what anyone may say our armed forces are without doubt the best in the world, and are certainly appreciated by the majority of the general public.
:y

Personally, I think the queue should have been unlimited and closed only when they knew the last person would just make it. We have had 96 years to plan.

Did anyone see Prince Eduard NOT shaking hands despite his wife did? OCD problem?

I think Charles 3 showed his true self with the biro and date clip.

I thought the family vigils were both moving and hugely appropriate. Very well done
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 18 September 2022, 11:00:20 »

:y

Personally, I think the queue should have been unlimited and closed only when they knew the last person would just make it. We have had 96 years to plan.

Did anyone see Prince Eduard NOT shaking hands despite his wife did? OCD problem?

I think Charles 3 showed his true self with the biro and date clip.

I thought the family vigils were both moving and hugely appropriate. Very well done
I think he is also very insistent that his jim jams are heated to the precise temperature too.  ;D I'd have thought that Camilla would have kept him warm and cosy.  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 18 September 2022, 12:17:05 »

As an aside, and out of curiosity, how come you are able to keep your uniform ???

Surely it gets returned when you're demobbed?

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 18 September 2022, 12:44:32 »

Retired Police Officers from our local Constabulary were only required to return their appointments - baton, handcuffs, warrant card, pocket books, stab proof vests and radio equipment. All other aspects of their uniform was not required to be returned to Clothing Stores, and could be retained or disposed of as the Officer wished. Not ideal, some may argue, but that was the decision made higher up....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 18 September 2022, 12:52:42 »

Hmmm.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 18 September 2022, 12:53:02 »

I really don't know how some people are going to manage on Monday, they're closing MacDonalds until 5pm.  :o
Disaster , it's our wedding anniversary , where am I supposed to take her now ?  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.