Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Utter lunacy  (Read 1412 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Utter lunacy
« Reply #15 on: 05 December 2022, 15:28:00 »

Cambridge centre has been a no go zone for private cars for years. Presume that in essence what this Oxford thing is too. The press is making it appear that people won't be allowed in when in fact, it's their cars. Can see that local venues and hotels are going to be miffed, as they rely on people travelling in.

Oxford centre shopping area has been pedestrians only for many years.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 December 2022, 15:51:07 »

Even Barnsley town centre is pedestrianised, but there are loads of adjacent parking spaces. You enter the car parks from the main road surrounding the town centre and walk out of the opposite side straight into the shopping areas
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 December 2022, 16:13:05 »

If they start that nonsense round here my shotgun will be in the passenger seat, utter boll ocks.
Lincolnsausageshire Oath Keepers, Mick?  ;D

Yes indeed quite a few of us " mad Lincolnshire bastards" round here my mates farm where I store my caravan was visited a few weeks back by thieves, he spotted them on his CCTV & went out with his shotgun and blasted a couple of shots in the air , they soon departed 😂😂😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 December 2022, 16:17:14 »

If I’ve read it correctly the article seems to be based on Oxford itself, rather than Oxfordshire, so I’m all in favour of never travelling to Oxford ever again.  ;D  Oxfordshire Council seem hellbent on crippling trade in the City, first by installing zero emission zones in some areas and then hiking parking charges. A day out at Alton Towers is cheaper than entering Oxford and parking in a car.  ::)  Within the newish shopping centre, at least fifty outlets now stand empty, and they wonder why.
Also, the 15 minute zones the council refer to in Oxford is far too generous, nobody deserves the punishment of being in any zone in Oxford for that long.  ::)
They should also take note that the last time they came up with a stupid plan in South Oxfordshire, someone burnt down the council offices.  :)
Are you sure? City of dreaming spires and all that.

The College’s have nice grounds behind their tall walls and the Parkland is ok, but the rest is a shite hole.  ;D
Marston is quite pleasant ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 December 2022, 16:57:27 »

Cambridge centre has been a no go zone for private cars for years.  ....

a few years ago we went into Cambridge on their bus rail (I'd never heard of one until then) and parked up in their park & ride car park. It was the most expense park & ride we've ever used, we found it was cheaper to drive into Cambridge & pay for parking

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 December 2022, 17:03:59 »

Bristol has just implemented a £9 a day clean air zone for the city centre, so everyone will head out to Cribbs Causeway shopping centre instead of going into the city centre and Cribbs will be even more jam packed!  ::)

Annoyingly for me, they've included the end of the Portway/Hotwells Road (A4) where it crosses the Cumberland Basin and out to Long Ashton (A370), a route I often take down to Weston Super Mud to rejoin the M5 when it becomes a car park around Avonmouth.  Bastids! >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 December 2022, 18:32:09 »

Mahyar Tousi has picked up this story on his YT channel (he's always worth a watch – has 263k subscribers).

https://youtu.be/Rcr4cUaUTEU

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 December 2022, 21:15:56 »

If I’ve read it correctly the article seems to be based on Oxford itself, rather than Oxfordshire, so I’m all in favour of never travelling to Oxford ever again.  ;D  Oxfordshire Council seem hellbent on crippling trade in the City, first by installing zero emission zones in some areas and then hiking parking charges. A day out at Alton Towers is cheaper than entering Oxford and parking in a car…….

The College’s have nice grounds behind their tall walls and the Parkland is ok, but the rest is a shite hole.  ;D

Marston is on the outskirts so I’ll let them off, plus they have a quite decent car audio/car alarm shop.  ;D  In fairness, I hate shopping anywhere so I’m probably a bit harsh condemning the city centre.  ;D 
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 December 2022, 22:08:37 »

Our nearest city is Peterborough , on the very odd occasion we do go there we take the bus it's free, I hate to pay to park anywhere & certainly would never pay a daily charge, I'm a tight old git.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 December 2022, 22:39:11 »

Our nearest city is Peterborough , on the very odd occasion we do go there we take the bus it's free, I hate to pay to park anywhere & certainly would never pay a daily charge, I'm a tight old git.
Quite agree mate. We pay enough in VED, rates and the like and paying for parking is a step too far. >:(  Suppose if i park too far away from the town, it'll be a lot of steps too far. :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 December 2022, 23:08:02 »

If I’ve read it correctly the article seems to be based on Oxford itself, rather than Oxfordshire, so I’m all in favour of never travelling to Oxford ever again.  ;D  Oxfordshire Council seem hellbent on crippling trade in the City, first by installing zero emission zones in some areas and then hiking parking charges. A day out at Alton Towers is cheaper than entering Oxford and parking in a car…….

Marston is on the outskirts so I’ll let them off, plus they have a quite decent car audio/car alarm shop.  ;D  In fairness, I hate shopping anywhere so I’m probably a bit harsh condemning the city centre.  ;D
Matfield Road, Northway is where I was thinking... Only had one bike knicked in the three months I lived there :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 December 2022, 02:17:30 »

The lunatics have finally left the grass 😵‍💫😵‍💫
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 December 2022, 07:25:34 »

Quite agree mate. We pay enough in VED, rates and the like and paying for parking is a step too far. >:(  Suppose if i park too far away from the town, it'll be a lot of steps too far. :D
Very good, Ron  ;D
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 December 2022, 13:45:28 »

Very good, Ron  ;D
One tries Steve,  :) How's the lurgy today mate?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 December 2022, 18:29:26 »

Oxford County Council has always been odd, in the 50 years I've live near the shithole.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.