Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just got my compensation cheque....  (Read 1133 times)

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
just got my compensation cheque....
« on: 09 December 2006, 09:26:36 »

its important while driving to look out of your front window once in a while, unfortunately this did not happen a year ago hence my company owning a van with a shunted rear bumper and an employee with whiplash and shoulder injuries.
 the conversation after the shunt went like this....... lady-"sorry about that are you ok"?  me-"ive hurt my neck"  lady-"i couldnt help it i was looking at the kids behind me" !!!
and they say dont admit liability!!!! tone.
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
Re: just got my compensation cheque....
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2006, 11:35:28 »

Even if they do admit liability at the scene of the accident, they invariably change their story by the time they submit their accident report to their insurer. I look after our company car fleet and insurance, and it happens all the time - ends up getting sorted out on a knock for knock basis.
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2006, 11:49:31 »

Even if they do admit liability at the scene of the accident, they invariably change their story by the time they submit their accident report to their insurer. I look after our company car fleet and insurance, and it happens all the time - ends up getting sorted out on a knock for knock basis.
This happened to me about 6 months ago when someone backed into my door. He admitted it at the time & I had a witness, he changed his story when it came to insurance time & I'm still waiting for the insurance companies to sort liability  :(
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2006, 11:53:48 »

Either that or the insurance company changed the story for them!!

The last accident I had could not possibly have been my fault considering the evidence, but it was settled 50/50.

I was very annoyed purely due to the principle of the thing!!
If I have to explain you won't understand!

Gwilym

• Bridgwater, Somerset, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2006, 14:24:34 »

I was rear ended in August 2005 by a "Boy Racer" who hit the women behind me and shunted her into the back of my car.

He was all full of bravado and got out the car and started blaming her for being stationary in a queue of traffic!!!
Unfortunately for him, we had met on a previous occasion (when his driving had been just as bad) and he recognised me! Suddenly his attitude changed and he admitted full liability although he did say the sun was in his eyes and he couldn't see.
It doesn't seem to matter what is said at the scene "unless to police officers" and insurance companies always try find a way to go knock for knock.

The irony was the last 3 letters of his number plate were "BAD" which summed up his standard of driving nicely.

The second irony was that I had slipped off work about 20 mins early cos I needed to get home and I ended up being an hour late!

White '00 3.0 MV6 Estate (Ex Met Police Firearms Car)

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2006, 15:04:40 »

Either that or the insurance company changed the story for them!!

The last accident I had could not possibly have been my fault considering the evidence, but it was settled 50/50.

I was very annoyed purely due to the principle of the thing!!
Probably the case, I informed my insurance that I'm not prepared to accept anything less than him admitting full liability & I'm prepared to go to court to prove my innocence, up to now they're still fighting for me............
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2006, 15:45:35 »

its important while driving to look out of your front window once in a while, unfortunately this did not happen a year ago hence my company owning a van with a shunted rear bumper and an employee with whiplash and shoulder injuries.
 the conversation after the shunt went like this....... lady-"sorry about that are you ok"?  me-"ive hurt my neck"  lady-"i couldnt help it i was looking at the kids behind me" !!!
and they say dont admit liability!!!! tone.

It took about a year to get mine, when i was shunted.
Hope you didnt accept the first offer.......i refused mine and within 10 mins the other insurance comp upped it by £600......taking it to £2500 which i accepted  :y

Tho on a different accident.....not me....the guy that rents my merc....a lorry reversed into it.
Due to delays on getting parts and holidays etc....my insurance comp ran up a bill for over £8k on a hire car which the other insurance comp is refusing to pay.....apparantly they are now taking each other to court to get the bill settled  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.