Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ticking sound  (Read 3515 times)

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
Re: Ticking sound
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2024, 14:22:39 »

Part of main bearings?

I would rather push omega than drive renault

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2024, 16:22:50 »

Fresh oil is in plus lifter aditiv and filter....I have 200km to drive today so, if it dies on me it will die with a bang

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2024, 17:14:40 »

O ring from a cam cover gasket change dropped in  :-\
spring clip  :-\ retainer for a little end  :-\

has the knock gone ?
was the pock up blocked ?

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2024, 17:21:00 »

Strainer wasn't blocked at all, what concerns me is those three metal parts...they look like part of the block or rod

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 May 2024, 17:53:53 »

Wrist pin retainer and I suspect a chunk of piston, that circlip is not working its way past the piston without damage and the little end pin will be rubbing on the bore scoring it. Strip down time.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2024, 18:08:25 »

Strip down time.
bore scopes are cheap

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2024, 18:52:11 »

Wrist pin retainer and I suspect a chunk of piston, that circlip is not working its way past the piston without damage and the little end pin will be rubbing on the bore scoring it. Strip down time.

Although this doesn’t change the outcome of a strip down, if memory serves me correctly, the V6 piston Gudgeon Pin clip can drop out and get past the piston with no damage as the piston doesn’t have a full skirt. It is cut away for the pin and clip on the sides and as the top ring, middle ring and oil ring are above the gudgeon pin, it has nothing to stop it falling downwards. The full skirt IS on the con rod stroke sides. As said above though, the un-restrained pin will do some damage. I may be wrong and stand to be corrected without being offended.  :)
As I say, it changes nothing as the clip needs replacing to stop the pin moving, so a strip down/rebuild is inevitable. 
Not what you need to hear I know.  :(
« Last Edit: 23 May 2024, 18:55:08 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2024, 19:00:22 »

Although this doesn’t change the outcome of a strip down, if memory serves me correctly, the V6 piston Gudgeon Pin clip can drop out and get past the piston with no damage as the piston doesn’t have a full skirt. It is cut away for the pin and clip on the sides and as the top ring, middle ring and oil ring are above the gudgeon pin, it has nothing to stop it falling downwards. The full skirt IS on the con rod stroke sides. As said above though, the un-restrained pin will do some damage. I may be wrong and stand to be corrected without being offended.  :)
As I say, it changes nothing as the clip needs replacing to stop the pin moving, so a strip down/rebuild is inevitable. 
Just as well, really......tosser ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2024, 19:09:30 »

Just as well, really...... tosser  ;D

Well, within reason.  ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2024, 19:32:42 »

Just as well, really...... tosser  ;D

Well, within reason.  ;D ;D
You know I love you really  :-*
Diesel till I die

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2024, 20:14:18 »

Well...200 km later, the noise is gone ??? It sounded like sewing machine for 150 km and then slowly disappered...Strange or just preparing for something worse
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.