Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the chuffing point....  (Read 1909 times)

Phil

• View Profile
What is the chuffing point....
« on: 16 September 2008, 09:53:55 »

... of advertising that you have an Omega you are stripping for parts, yet can't be bothered to see if you have a simple part available?

Not one, but TWO members on here have 3 possibly more Omegas with 'all parts available' yet after a combination of 11 (!!) PMs and 4 weeks later neither could be bothered to answer my question if they had a particular part, apart from telling me they have been busy and will 'go have a look today'.

Its not even if its hard to find, just needs a turn of the steering wheel and a look behind the front wheel, if its ok its only held on by 2 bolts and a multi plug, so possibly 5 minutes work for an easy £15!!!

Maybe i'm expecting too much, but if you can't be bothered to look or don't want to sell it just say so rather than giving crapy excuses.  >:(

Anyway you can stick it now as i e-mailed someone breaking an Omega on e-bay Friday lunchtime, had the part listed as a B.I.N. paid for it and it arrived Saturday morning, less than 24hrs later. That is what i call decent service, shame others cannot be that helpfull!!  ::)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: What is the chuffing point....
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2008, 10:00:46 »

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Personally never had a problem with the OOF breakers I have dealt with. PMs answered promptly!:y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

mantahatch

« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2008, 10:03:13 »

Unfortunatly Phil you are not alone. After 2 successful buys from the forum, I have had one case of virtually being ignored.
So generally I have gone back to ebay for parts.
At least on ebay I have some protection, and if ignored I can complain to ebay/paypal for some recourse.

I understand people have lives to live, but then possibly you should think it is not the time to list parts for sale.

Mike

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2008, 10:47:32 »

That's very frustrating and it would certainly drive me mad.

DaveyDavey

• Intermediate Member
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2008, 13:25:21 »

Must be very frustrating Phil. What you need to do is go and have some pie. Mmmmm Pie!

;)

HolyCount

« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2008, 13:41:54 »

Unfortunatly Phil you are not alone. After 2 successful buys from the forum, I have had one case of virtually being ignored.
So generally I have gone back to ebay for parts.
At least on ebay I have some protection, and if ignored I can complain to ebay/paypal for some recourse.

I understand people have lives to live, but then possibly you should think it is not the time to list parts for sale.

Mike

I fully appreciate how you feel, Mike. However, there are cases when something is listed for sale and a few days later your life explodes around your ears and the last thing you are thinking about is breaking Omegas --- or, in the case I have in mind -- even logging onto the internet, let alone the forum. Sometimes there is a valid excuse that we are not privvy to.

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2008, 20:02:39 »

I fully appreciate how you feel, Mike. However, there are cases when something is listed for sale and a few days later your life explodes around your ears and the last thing you are thinking about is breaking Omegas --- or, in the case I have in mind -- even logging onto the internet, let alone the forum. Sometimes there is a valid excuse that we are not privvy to.

That is a very valid point BUT when both are still posting and replying to posts nearly every day, it does tend to get right on my moobs  >:(

Right i'm off to piekea  ;D  ;)
« Last Edit: 16 September 2008, 20:03:54 by Phil »

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2008, 21:34:49 »

That is a very valid point BUT when both are still posting and replying to posts nearly every day, it does tend to get right on my moobs  >:(

Is that a foreign food takeaway  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

or a chippy run by a foreign person  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 16 September 2008, 21:35:26 by skruntie »
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2008, 09:22:55 »

Is that a foreign food takeaway  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

or a chippy run by a foreign person  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its all to do with weeble and bob:- Trip to Pikea part one

Part 2

Part 3

DaveyDavey made reference to pie because of my 'i love donkey' pic in the top left  :)

And i'm sure you'll all be pleased to know my car is working perfectly again thanks to the helpfull people from e-bay  :)

JueV6

• Omega Knight
  • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2008, 09:41:28 »

You didn't pm me Phil, so I couldn't reply, Now NOT Breaking a 3.0MV6 still got lots of bits in the garage tho.

You only had to ask. :-X

ps, they are on fleabay too
« Last Edit: 17 September 2008, 09:42:55 by Juedu2 »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2008, 09:44:31 »

I must say my experience is the opposite ... whenever I have contacted one of the main "breakers" on the forum I have had a response within 24 hours. I've even had one refer me to another as he didn't have the bit I was after.

Just my experience of those I have contacted .. could be different folks to those you tried...  

The Elite

• Intermediate Member
  • Herts
  • Fuel duty still sucks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2008, 09:57:56 »

Spose you have to be patient with people selling on forums that aren't traders, I've been on the receiving end of a problem like this. A guy wanted a gearbox for a Golf, took me a while to reply as I was working lates.
Mig 3 coming soon.... Watch this space!

JueV6

• Omega Knight
  • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2008, 10:03:19 »

I always reply asap, but sometimes other things get in the way and so the replies are delayed.

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2008, 11:05:21 »

You didn't pm me Phil, so I couldn't reply, Now NOT Breaking a 3.0MV6 still got lots of bits in the garage tho.

You only had to ask. :-X

ps, they are on fleabay too

Sorry, wasn't aimed at you, must have missed your breaking post.

The point that i think some people are missing is the fact that yes i did get a reply, but its the 'will check in the morning/ later today' replies when quite clearly they couldn't be ar5ed to have a look, to make it worse during this time they are still posting almost daily that parts are available and they were taking them off the car!!!

Like i said if they didn't want to sell it or it was broken or missing if i had been told that, instead of having to wait 4 weeks it wouldn't have been a problem.

Hey ho, thanks to e-bay part is fitted and i don't get the annoying GID message anymore (oh and it took all of 10mins to fit including getting tools out and packing them away and removing the old part!!)

mantahatch

« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2008, 12:40:52 »

Indeed the person started off ok but then just went quiet, the person I am on about has not posted on this message yet.
And indeed he was still posting daily at the time.
I fully appreciate peoples lives can change very suddenly, and mostly beyond there control.
I have no bad feeling towards this person at all, it would just of been nice to be told a reason for not coming back to me.

Mike

P.S. no money changed hands, so no actual harm done.
« Last Edit: 17 September 2008, 15:02:02 by mantahatch »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.