Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whining LSD in V6 Omega  (Read 91 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

polilara

  • Omega Knight
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Finland
  • Posts: 1142
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
Whining LSD in V6 Omega
« on: 01 October 2026, 17:12:50 »

So Y26SE+AR25+LSD. Have 320 000 km behind, never ghanged diff oil. Long time ago diff leaked a bit from propshaft side, but it stopped to leak several years ago and I filled it 0,5 dl/ year or something like that. It was never running dry . No leaks anymore and full of oil. When accelerating no sound from diff. When breaking with engine no sound. But when e.g. in  speed 80km/hour I slightly lift my leg from accelerator pedal without having braking effect of engine I can hear some light whinig noice. What is it, changing oil or some bearings etc. Is it doable in home garage? It is really not bad sound yet.
Logged

Andy B

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Bury Lancs
  • Posts: 40034
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
Re: Whining LSD in V6 Omega
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2026, 22:07:27 »

what's the input taper bearing into the diff like? The pre-load on the bearing on my Omega became very slightly loose & I experienced similar to you. I very slightly nipped up the nut with a bit of loctite which sorted it.
Logged

polilara

  • Omega Knight
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Finland
  • Posts: 1142
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
Re: Whining LSD in V6 Omega
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 15:50:22 »

Thanks Andy B, that came to my mind as well. I remember that between those conical beatrings there is a "bushing" which is shortened elastically when bolt tightened. This morning when diff was cold I did not hear the sound. It is heard better after long run. After removing prop I can perhaps feel some clearance or play there.
Logged

Doctor Gollum

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • Posts: 31061
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
Re: Whining LSD in V6 Omega
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:40:33 »

Fluid level first and foremost, especially if LSD ;)
Logged
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.