Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Worlds dirtiest throttle body?  (Read 6260 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds dirtiest throttle body?
« Reply #45 on: 04 January 2007, 22:42:49 »

Whooo no bolts is good  ;) ;D

Can't complain at a freebie tech2  :y - Maybe he enabled something he should not have  :-/ - Get him to read the fault codes too see what you get.

I am hoping to get zero codes now  ;D

Cheers x25xe, if you ever need a hand i should be around. Not seen your megga about yet...

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 January 2007, 22:51:35 »

Cheers x25xe, if you ever need a hand i should be around. Not seen your megga about yet...

No you won't have seen mine around much.  That's because I do not park on the road and tend to walk locally.  I do drive to work though which is in Uxbridge.  However, this is in the early morning and I know that you, like me, are not compatible with early mornings!  Besides which, I have two cars, the Megga and the Cavalier.  So one of the other of them is "parked up".

I think that I may have seen your Megga around though.  It was Thursday of last week in Church Road and around 15:45.  Facelift, 2.2 and VERY shiny.  It caught my eye as it went past and I even turned around to get a better look!  Been meaning to ask on here if it was yours.  So was it??

Thanks for the offer of help by the way - and likewise, if you need help and you are in Hayes, let me know.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04 January 2007, 22:56:45 »

No you won't have seen mine around much.  That's because I do not park on the road and tend to walk locally.  I do drive to work though which is in Uxbridge.  However, this is in the early morning and I know that you, like me, are not compatible with early mornings!  Besides which, I have two cars, the Megga and the Cavalier.  So one of the other of them is "parked up".

I think that I may have seen your Megga around though.  It was Thursday of last week in Church Road and around 15:45.  Facelift, 2.2 and VERY shiny.  It caught my eye as it went past and I even turned around to get a better look!  Been meaning to ask on here if it was yours.  So was it??

Thanks for the offer of help by the way - and likewise, if you need help and you are in Hayes, let me know.

Err last week?? Would have been 28th December? Not me unfortunately.. would have been in Brackley. It was very shinny when i came back, its not now though  :(

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04 January 2007, 23:00:11 »

Yep, it was the 28th.  Not yours then.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 January 2007, 10:14:34 »

I am wondering if the Vx dealer has done something stupid? (which is highly possible) and not just enabled the cruise but updated the entire ECU with something wrong?  :-?
Unlikely, as the system has been designed for Mr Stupid to use, hence it won't let you do anything daft...

I still say fix the emissions problem, then check.  It may be a newer ECU firmware that went on that reacts differently to this fault condition...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.