Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay scam......Omega sellers beware  (Read 3924 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay scam......Omega sellers beware
« Reply #45 on: 15 March 2009, 23:02:38 »

Ok...  Speaking personally, I feel this has bounced around for far too long.  The various folks who have posted up their views obviously have a mahoosive gulf between them of no mans land and, despite attempts to cross same, neither side will relinquish.

I am all for fair argument but perhaps this is getting boring to most on her.

It certainly is to me.

Yes, an ideal world would be all sparkly and bright with everyone playing by the rules for whatever game they want to play.

The auction or E-bay game has rules which are perhaps not enforced as well as most honest folks would like and this makes for unpleasant experiences moreso than pleasant ones for most.

Rather than lock after going round the houses yet again, could we perhaps just let this thread drop?  I'm bored.....  :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 March 2009, 23:03:23 »

I will often have a bit of a punt on ebay, I got 50 batteries for 99p to go in a couple of mini remote control cars that we got at Christmas. OK p&p on top from Hong Kong but still represented a huge saving.
Made a smal purchase, because I wanted the item and he had a buy in now option at a price I was happy with I paid his asking price. That is ebay. :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 March 2009, 23:04:51 »

Ok...  Speaking personally, I feel this has bounced around for far too long.  The various folks who have posted up their views obviously have a mahoosive gulf between them of no mans land and, despite attempts to cross same, neither side will relinquish.

I am all for fair argument but perhaps this is getting boring to most on her.

It certainly is to me.

Yes, an ideal world would be all sparkly and bright with everyone playing by the rules for whatever game they want to play.

The auction or E-bay game has rules which are perhaps not enforced as well as most honest folks would like and this makes for unpleasant experiences moreso than pleasant ones for most.

Rather than lock after going round the houses yet again, could we perhaps just let this thread drop?  I'm bored.....  :)

Ooops, sorry :-[ but yes, a good idea. :-X

bertiecbx550

« Reply #48 on: 15 March 2009, 23:11:52 »

Let it drop now guys and gals..... :(

stuart30

« Reply #49 on: 15 March 2009, 23:38:51 »

stuart30 - getting friends and family to fraudulantly bid on your items is still shill bidding.

Yet the tools are there (reserves or start it at or around the price you want) to ensure you get the price you want, but you feel that you shouldn't need to pay such fees? Why is that? Ebay are a big company, and therefore fair game for stealing from?

As many have said, feel free to let us know your ebay id so we don't get conned by you (unless you write on your auctions that you will shill bid), or feel free to post up one of your finished auctions stating that you shill bid.

Other than that, I have nought further to add, and my views of your ebay behaviour will remain unchanged. Shame its a minority of ebayers that ruin it for HONEST ebayers.

Yes i know its shill bidding TB and as ive said i dont and wont see a problem with it...if you think its just a few that do it and ruin it for the many then your mistaken,if it really upsets you that much then use another auction site (only i can assure you it happens there as well.).

I as others do file share...again thats no legal but it happens...i as others do on occasion break the speed limit....i as others do sometimes put a handful of fuses in a pocket when at the scrap yard.

Is everyone who does the above SCUM because they have broken the law....????

Im sure my thoughts have been made quite clear now.....

yup they have ... and ... "methinks thou dost protest too much" ... you are wrong but continue to try and justify your position  .. to whom .. yourself or us ??? Don't bother with us .. we have already decided what we think..........

Oh i was waiting for that... ;D

What a bunch of self righteous idiots you are. ;D

Do you honestly think i give a toss what any of you think... :-?

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15 March 2009, 23:40:52 »

stuart30 - getting friends and family to fraudulantly bid on your items is still shill bidding.

Yet the tools are there (reserves or start it at or around the price you want) to ensure you get the price you want, but you feel that you shouldn't need to pay such fees? Why is that? Ebay are a big company, and therefore fair game for stealing from?

As many have said, feel free to let us know your ebay id so we don't get conned by you (unless you write on your auctions that you will shill bid), or feel free to post up one of your finished auctions stating that you shill bid.

Other than that, I have nought further to add, and my views of your ebay behaviour will remain unchanged. Shame its a minority of ebayers that ruin it for HONEST ebayers.

Yes i know its shill bidding TB and as ive said i dont and wont see a problem with it...if you think its just a few that do it and ruin it for the many then your mistaken,if it really upsets you that much then use another auction site (only i can assure you it happens there as well.).

I as others do file share...again thats no legal but it happens...i as others do on occasion break the speed limit....i as others do sometimes put a handful of fuses in a pocket when at the scrap yard.

Is everyone who does the above SCUM because they have broken the law....????

Im sure my thoughts have been made quite clear now.....

yup they have ... and ... "methinks thou dost protest too much" ... you are wrong but continue to try and justify your position  .. to whom .. yourself or us ??? Don't bother with us .. we have already decided what we think..........

Oh i was waiting for that... ;D

What a bunch of self righteous idiots you are. ;D

Do you honestly think i give a toss what any of you think... :-?

snap....

locking......  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.