Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: well well ???  (Read 2807 times)

M0T0RVATE

• Intermediate Member
  • Orpington
    • 94 Omega Elite Saloon 3L
    • View Profile
    • MOTORVATE STUDIO
Re: well well ???
« Reply #45 on: 03 June 2009, 13:17:22 »

Should be one rate of car tax for all cars.

It should be down to usage and economy, ie fuel tax not a fixed rate.

Would seem the fairest way Martin...
The more you drive, the more you pay...via fuel used, not by road tax.

:y

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #46 on: 03 June 2009, 13:56:07 »

Never really beleived what they were originally blaming it on anyway  :y....it was only a matter of time before the truth was really reported, but how much publicity will this recieve, and I doubt this will mean long haul flight taxes of £145 per flight will be reduced or car tax for larger cars >:(

An increase is rather more likely Mike ;)

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #47 on: 03 June 2009, 14:13:44 »

The overall nature of that Martin is appealing, but I would worry that the practical impact of such a measure would lead to an increase in the price of a large range of goods to cover any such proposed tax. :-/ :-/

There isn't an easy answer short of restricting the number of private vehicles on the road. :-/ :-/

If one looks at the present shotgun approach by HMG and the sinister machinations of various parties interested primarily in generating wealth, I think that the notion we can continue as we are, in terms of having the right and freedom to provide ourselves with independent transport, may well be a flawed one :y

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #48 on: 03 June 2009, 14:16:01 »

Problem is simple

Global Warming seems believable
Global Cooling seems believable

All the scientists are being asked to prove one or the other.

Where is the independant research?

Where indeed Martin?  It must surely exist :-/ :-/

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #49 on: 03 June 2009, 14:56:53 »

Would seem the fairest way Martin...
The more you drive, the more you pay...via fuel used, not by road tax.

:y

But the Government already 'enjoy' the road tax revenue and the fuel tax along with fuel duty, so all bases are perfectly covered:

You keep your car in the garage more than you use it to "save the environment" =  Government still receives road tax + fuel tax + VAT when you do go out and burn a  gallon or two.

You drive your car 3,000 miles a week and say "sod the planet" = Government receives road tax + fuel duty + VAT + taxes on everything you purchase to maintain your car with that high mileage!  If you are a company car driver, you are also penalised via your Income Tax.

Yep, the Government are the winners all the way to spend your motoring taxes on whatever they want to ::) ::) ::) 

Road Tax or no road tax; global warming or no global warming, the end result will be the same - you the motorist will pay regardless!! ::) ::) ::)

Martin_1962

« Reply #50 on: 03 June 2009, 15:03:22 »

The overall nature of that Martin is appealing, but I would worry that the practical impact of such a measure would lead to an increase in the price of a large range of goods to cover any such proposed tax. :-/ :-/

There isn't an easy answer short of restricting the number of private vehicles on the road. :-/ :-/

If one looks at the present shotgun approach by HMG and the sinister machinations of various parties interested primarily in generating wealth, I think that the notion we can continue as we are, in terms of having the right and freedom to provide ourselves with independent transport, may well be a flawed one :y

That is the point - better to own multiple sensible vehicles than use unsuitable ones, but that is too expensive.

Also why do motorcycles pay road tax when they are cleaner and smaller than £0 tax cars?

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #51 on: 03 June 2009, 15:21:56 »

That is the point - better to own multiple sensible vehicles than use unsuitable ones, but that is too expensive.

Also why do motorcycles pay road tax when they are cleaner and smaller than £0 tax cars?

We're getting into the zone now Martin, as Ms Zoom so rightly said;

'you the motorist will pay regardless!!'  [size=8]sic [/size]

The real emphasis on the present discussion by HMG of the climate change debate is - how are we going to bolster our tax take in order to ensure sufficient funds suffuse the treasury to enable the economy to function.

That's why motorcycles fall into the inequitable trap of providing such a disproportionate amount of tax revenue

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03 June 2009, 15:50:26 »

Wont be long before proper road use charging is in place. They could do it crudely now by charging you on the miles done since the last MOT. What surprises me is that every vehicle isn't being fitted as standard with the necessary box/interface for whatever GPS/time of day charging that will be brought in during our lifetimes.

I used to think that the best day of anyones life was today but from a motoring point I believe we have gone way past the best day.

The fact that there are more people alive today than have ever lived on earth should sound some warning bells for someone but not really, we all go on thinking that the world can take more and more craap from everyone. The Italian tanker being refused permission from various governments to dump toxic waste in the sea before finally getting permission to dump in the North Sea puts it in perspective. Most people don't deserve the earth. ;D 

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #53 on: 03 June 2009, 15:54:53 »

Wont be long before proper road use charging is in place. They could do it crudely now by charging you on the miles done since the last MOT. What surprises me is that every vehicle isn't being fitted as standard with the necessary box/interface for whatever GPS/time of day charging that will be brought in during our lifetimes.

I used to think that the best day of anyones life was today but from a motoring point I believe we have gone way past the best day.

The fact that there are more people alive today than have ever lived on earth should sound some warning bells for someone but not really, we all go on thinking that the world can take more and more craap from everyone. The Italian tanker being refused permission from various governments to dump toxic waste in the sea before finally getting permission to dump in the North Sea puts it in perspective. Most people don't deserve the earth. ;D 

That very technology is being 'perfected' at the moment Varche ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.