Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sky Service  (Read 267 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Sky Service
« on: 16 August 2009, 19:17:47 »

Does anyone on here work for sky.  (If you dare not admit it publicly then please feel free to PM me)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

KillerWatt

Re: Sky Service
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2009, 19:24:10 »

I don't work for Sky personally (I'd never be anyone's bitch full stop to be honest), but feel free to ask the question....because I'll more than likely have someone who can give you an answer that's straight from "the horses mouth".

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2009, 19:40:03 »

All though I have been told they are not yet active, I rang sky up to ask about adding an external drive to back up to, as mine is nearly full and all ready been emptied a few times.

Got though to techmical and the guy told me the software had not been written to use the connection yet.  So I challenged him about being trained with an answer for every thing .  To which I got told he had been an electronics expert for the last 20 years (so I now wonder what the wages are like at sky for him to be on a help desk on a sunday evening) then got how much do you want to pay for a subscription for us to develope it,   So we get in to a debate about the why's and wherefore's of hardware v sofeware development.

2 questions are.

1.  Are any or all of the sockets usable but switched off but the software is available when and if they wish to switch it on.

2.  Are they all trained to be clever shites with an answer for everything.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

HolyCount

« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2009, 19:52:04 »

1. no idea
2. definitely yes !!

Had an argument with oone of them a while back over the colour of lights on my router --- they were showing green at this end and he reckoned they were orange --- hung up on him in the end, thinking that'll be the end og it --- and he rang back asking if I had hung up on him -- pretty narked too  ::)

KillerWatt

« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2009, 19:52:27 »

1. Yes

2. Yes

Seriously though......

All of the hardware on the Sky box is capable of offering a lot more, it's the software holding us back.

As for the first line tech supprort guys......burger flippers, the fooking lot of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.