Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: windows 7..  (Read 1218 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: windows 7..
« Reply #30 on: 14 October 2009, 20:18:50 »

I dont pretend to understand all this stuff but, for the vast majority of home users like myself, who dont do anything more than forums and online banking and stuff, any old OS will do really ;D

yep..upto a point..

in time problems will arouse first in explorer.. as the web programmers like to try every new add on which works only with new versions.. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 October 2009, 20:25:43 »

I dont pretend to understand all this stuff but, for the vast majority of home users like myself, who dont do anything more than forums and online banking and stuff, any old OS will do really ;D
XP isn't the words most robust/secure OS.  Its also about to end up only partially supported, so you probably will have to catch up at some point in next couple of years.  That said, you'll probably need new PC then, which will come with the newer Windows anyway :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 October 2009, 20:26:15 »

yep..upto a point..

in time problems will arouse first in explorer.. as the web programmers like to try every new add on which works only with new versions.. :(
ie8 is available for XP
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #33 on: 14 October 2009, 20:37:03 »

yep..upto a point..

ie8 is available for XP

yep.. I'm using it on xp.. but my estimate is Microsoft in the future will change explorer and its engine in a radical way ( and I think its necessary looking from the coding techniques we use) so as to eliminate other browsers and the ancient standards..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #34 on: 14 October 2009, 20:41:59 »

and imho proof to that is XAML (although may look irrelevant at first sight) ..they are preparing for the shift.
« Last Edit: 14 October 2009, 20:44:02 by cem_devecioglu »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 17 queries.