Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE FOR DEBATE...............AFFRAY.....  (Read 3410 times)

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
Re: ONE FOR DEBATE...............AFFRAY.....
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2009, 20:28:02 »

Have a read of this Mike http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/police_powers.htm#Powersofentry

Yes read that, unfortunately in my infinite wisdom, I had an ice axe in my hand, whilst telling the officers that I would not let them into the property, but never actually threatened anyone ::)

Hmm..........Can't really blame them for being concerned for your wife's safety though. Were you agressive towards them, without actually being threatening?

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2009, 20:28:36 »

Ah, the age-old in-the-doghouse with the missus then ;D

Did she say she felt threatened, or you out of control?

I do not know what she said to the cops when she phoned them, should have asked them during the interview, but they never actaully did state what she said when she phoned them ::)

STMO999

« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2009, 20:30:24 »

Ah, the age-old in-the-doghouse with the missus then ;D

Did she say she felt threatened, or you out of control?

I do not know what she said to the cops when she phoned them, should have asked them during the interview, but they never actaully did state what she said when she phoned them ::)

Probably just anti pissed-up-jock. Cant say I blame them ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2009, 20:30:54 »

Have a read of this Mike http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/police_powers.htm#Powersofentry

Yes read that, unfortunately in my infinite wisdom, I had an ice axe in my hand, whilst telling the officers that I would not let them into the property, but never actually threatened anyone ::)

Hmm..........Can't really blame them for being concerned for your wife's safety though. Were you agressive towards them, without actually being threatening?

If you read the previous threads ::),  I never threatened my wife nor was violent towards her or the officers that turned up at the door other than tell them they were not getting into my property as there was no reason for them to enter :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2009, 20:31:44 »

Bloody hell Mike, or should that be McVicar ::)

There's always a spare room here just leave the ice axe at home ;D
Retired

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2009, 20:31:49 »

The definition of "AFFRAY" being what it is .. if your wife convinced the police that SHE fell into the category of

the person's conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.
  ie .. she felt unsafe .. then there are grounds to charge you with affray ...

It doesn't have to be the police who feel threatened ... :(

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 November 2009, 20:34:30 »

However, after the wife had called the cops, apparantley I said, ''you have done it now, no one is coming into this house'', ''someone will get killed'', I really do not recall the latter statement :-X 

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 November 2009, 20:36:28 »

The definition of "AFFRAY" being what it is .. if your wife convinced the police that SHE fell into the category of

the person's conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

Maybe I should have called the cops, given she tried to hit me over the head with the phone ::)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 November 2009, 20:42:18 »

This was raised at the interview, and I threatened my wife or even raised a hand to her, other than to stop her hitting me with now let's see ::)......glass milk bottles, cordless telephones, kitchen knife ::), the police know this from their records, cos I threw her out, that was the second time I threw her out because of her actions, a man cannot go for a friggin pint, do not go out at all in the evenings or weekends, but they can f**k off all night leave the f**kin phone off and not turn up til late afternoon the following day, without even sayign a rather word, I was out on a works do, and she knew it, I just got back a few hours later than I said I would, but still managed to answer the friggin phone when she called shouting down at me.

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 November 2009, 20:46:19 »

In hindsight, it would have been better to let them in, offer them a cuppa...and let them see for themselves that their time was being wasted.
Not sure if they would have needed a warrant under the circumstances. They were responding to a 999 call. If you had not opened the door to them, I suspect they would have been within their rights to forcefully gain access.
Had a similar scenario myself about 10 years ago with an now ex long term girlfriend. She was the one that had been on the pop, I was driving that evening. She kicked off about something when we got home. She wasn't happy that I was not arguing back (w.t.f ?!?) and became violent at which point I restrained her and then she started yelling she was gonna call the police. I said "fine" and let her go to do just that. She dialled the number and hung up when the emergency operator answered. She said "You're lucky, I've changed my mind" at which point I went to open the front door in readyness and told her that she can explain it to them when the arrive. She didn't realise that a car is automatically sent out to any uncompleted 999 calls, or at least down here they do. Fair play, no address, just a phone number to go on but they were here in less than 5 mins. They were good as gold and once they were happy that all was ok they left and that was that.   
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #25 on: 23 November 2009, 20:48:22 »

This was raised at the interview, and I threatened my wife or even raised a hand to her, other than to stop her hitting me with now let's see ::)......glass milk bottles, cordless telephones, kitchen knife ::), the police know this from their records, cos I threw her out, that was the second time I threw her out because of her actions, a man cannot go for a friggin pint, do not go out at all in the evenings or weekends, but they can f**k off all night leave the f**kin phone off and not turn up til late afternoon the following day, without even sayign a rather word, I was out on a works do, and she knew it, I just got back a few hours later than I said I would, but still managed to answer the friggin phone when she called shouting down at me.

usual family life  ;D :y

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 November 2009, 20:49:17 »

Maybe I should have called the cops, given she tried to hit me over the head with the phone ::)
You're lucky, I was getting the 3" heel of a shoe  ;D
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

STMO999

« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2009, 20:49:21 »

Good job he wasn't in Turkey eh, Cem. Shoot first, interrogate later. ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 November 2009, 20:49:58 »

Right folks, I know most of you have met my wife, and may think why I am sharing this event on an open Forum, and quite frankly because I think that women can just phone the police without just cause, that is what pissed me off and made me slightly flip on Friday night, nevertheless I never at any point threatened anyone, and I handed over the ice axes through the window ont the riot shield, the friggin house was surrounded, they were jumping over the back gardens and eveything, even told me they were gona tazer me :-X, opened the door, I walked out and four of them jumped, never resisted, but a wee bit OTT in my view, handcuffed up the back, then when I protested, they changed to the front, and let me have a cigarette, cos I knew after they threw me in the wagon that was it, anyway on a good note I did ask them what they thought of the mig :y   

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #29 on: 23 November 2009, 20:50:44 »

Good job he wasn't in Turkey eh, Cem. Shoot first, interrogate later. ;D

;D yep..but not in those cases..

police here is scared in involving family cases..

or they will be shot dead ;D :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.