Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate change,You must be joking!  (Read 40686 times)

albitz

Re: Climate change,You must be joking!
« Reply #15 on: 07 January 2010, 18:43:06 »

GMTV had an online poll recently asking the simple question "do you believe in global warming ?" the last time Ilooked it was 53% yes and 47% no,,so it isnt a matter of a few individuals being deniers by any means.
Personally I found it encouraging that approx half the population apparently arent easily conned. ;)

STMO999

« Reply #16 on: 07 January 2010, 18:43:14 »

Very condescending paragraph there Lizzie. What people like you will have to accept is that quite a significant proportion of the population of THIS country dont believe a word of it.
They also dont much care what happens in Bangladesh. Bad attitude? You'd better believe it.

Don't think so, just facing up to Nick's reaction, about facts not personality.

However your comment is very condescending and plainly personally very insulting! >:( >:( >:(

What do you meam "people like me"??????!!

Oh, so once again any comment that supports the view we should take climate change seriously is to be shouted at, insulted, and made to look stupid???????

That is the very reason why I do not usually comment on the OOF now about these subjects STMO! 

But don't worry I am not going to enter into a slagging match with you on your personality, as frankly it is not worth it with you!! :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

No. I'm better at it. Pigface ;D ;D ;D ;D

STMO999

« Reply #17 on: 07 January 2010, 18:46:58 »

GMTV had an online poll recently asking the simple question "do you believe in global warming ?" the last time Ilooked it was 53% yes and 47% no,,so it isnt a matter of a few individuals being deniers by any means.
Personally I found it encouraging that approx half the population apparently arent easily conned. ;)

I'm not sure if I believe it or not Albs. I'm just not prepared to let it become a major part of my daily life. When the water's up to my knees, I'll give it further consideration. :y

Nickbat

« Reply #18 on: 07 January 2010, 19:12:35 »

To keep refering Nick to soundbites, blogs, internet entries, etc, by various people who like to disagree with real, validated global science does not offer a meaningful argument against the FACT that our weather has changed over the last 100 years (a clue to human activity?) and is speeding towards further dramatic development.

At Canterbury University this subject has naturally been discussed, and none of these counter arguments by so called knowledgeable individuals have had their papers on the subject supported by the scientific or academic  community, at true expert level.  But I suppose you Nick will rubbish that as well!

But I suppose the dinosaurs couldn't accept massive change was on the way, and suddenly they were gone!

PS And to prove anyone can use the internet to 'prove' their argument please see the following on the Pacific Island threat:
http://www.japanfocus.org/-Andre-Vltchek/2504

;) ;)

"...none of these counter arguments by so called knowledgeable individuals have had their papers on the subject supported by the scientific or academic  community, at true expert level."

Here are 500 papers...enough for you?
http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/10/peer-reviewed-papers-supporting.html

"...to prove anyone can use the internet to 'prove' their argument please see the following on the Pacific Island threat:
http://www.japanfocus.org/-Andre-Vltchek/2504"

I quote from Morner, who is arguably the foremost scientist on sea levels and you counter by saying anyone can use the internet prove something and go on to link to an interview with someone called Espen Ronneberg - "Climate Change Adviser" for the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP).  ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie, what's become of you?  :o :o

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 January 2010, 19:14:48 »

I always thought CAPITALISING random words and using the word FACT a lot (in capitals obviously) was the only way to win an internet argument. ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

STMO999

« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2010, 19:35:25 »

I always thought CAPITALISING random words and using the word FACT a lot (in capitals obviously) was the only way to win an internet argument. ;D

And you'd be wrong right, as usual John. ;D
« Last Edit: 07 January 2010, 19:35:36 by STMO999 »

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2010, 19:43:44 »

To keep refering Nick to soundbites, blogs, internet entries, etc, by various people who like to disagree with real, validated global science does not offer a meaningful argument against the FACT that our weather has changed over the last 100 years (a clue to human activity?) and is speeding towards further dramatic development.

At Canterbury University this subject has naturally been discussed, and none of these counter arguments by so called knowledgeable individuals have had their papers on the subject supported by the scientific or academic  community, at true expert level.  But I suppose you Nick will rubbish that as well!

But I suppose the dinosaurs couldn't accept massive change was on the way, and suddenly they were gone!

PS And to prove anyone can use the internet to 'prove' their argument please see the following on the Pacific Island threat:

;) ;)

"...none of these counter arguments by so called knowledgeable individuals have had their papers on the subject supported by the scientific or academic  community, at true expert level."

"...to prove anyone can use the internet to 'prove' their argument please see the following on the Pacific Island threat:

I quote from Morner, who is arguably the foremost scientist on sea levels and you counter by saying anyone can use the internet prove something and go on to link to an interview with someone called Espen Ronneberg - "Climate Change Adviser" for the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP).  ;D ;D ;D

#

As I have stated before I cannot be bothered to discuss this subject anymore on the OOF as I know that you and others Nick, maybe for all the right reasons, are so convinced the governments of the world, and the scientific community, along with those "people like me" who watch, listen, read and learn about what is happening around us, are involved in some conspiracy to con the world's population over global climate change.  Indeed I am sure you and others think I and others who believe this is very real are stupid and should be shouted down. Never forget the world's politicians have families as well and live on this planet.

As I have other channels open to me for interesting debate rather than a car forum, I will now withdraw from all discussions on the subject of climate change.  You can all believe what you like, as frankly it is not going to make any difference to how the world's leaders will act in our best interests on this matter. ;) ;) 

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 January 2010, 19:46:53 »

why would i care about the opinion of people who have time to watch gmtv in the morning? are they now to set the agenda for the rest of us?

Lizzie - you're right of course, but good luck with the deluded, blinkered and gullible - oh wait a second thats us and the vast majority of climate scientists, a lot of whom have dedicated their entire professional life to this science thats science, not guesswork, faith or opinion but science - you know, the "magical thinking" behind our entire lives?

but you'll still get the sceptics leaping on any dip in temperature - demonstrating their absolute ignorance of the facts - hell mend them i say - but wear a hard heat or your head will hurt on that brick wall you'll be hitting it against Liz
 ;D ;D ;D
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

STMO999

« Reply #23 on: 07 January 2010, 19:52:56 »

why would i care about the opinion of people who have time to watch gmtv in the morning? are they now to set the agenda for the rest of us?

Lizzie - you're right of course, but good luck with the deluded, blinkered and gullible - oh wait a second thats us and the vast majority of climate scientists, a lot of whom have dedicated their entire professional life to this science thats science, not guesswork, faith or opinion but science - you know, the "magical thinking" behind our entire lives?

but you'll still get the sceptics leaping on any dip in temperature - demonstrating their absolute ignorance of the facts - hell mend them i say - but wear a hard heat or your head will hurt on that brick wall you'll be hitting it against Liz
 ;D ;D ;D

It really doesn't matter Banjaxx, if global warming is not happening, it will soon die a death and they can think of their next wheeze.

If it is happening, then we are doomed because, as was proven at Copenhagen, we will walk straight into it, eyes wide open.

Discussion on a car forum, no matter how emotive, will not change opinions, nor save the world.

Ps. Shouldn't you be driving a hybrid?

Nickbat

« Reply #24 on: 07 January 2010, 20:02:51 »

;) ;)

#

As I have stated before I cannot be bothered to discuss this subject anymore on the OOF as I know that you and others Nick, maybe for all the right reasons, are so convinced the governments of the world, and the scientific community, along with those "people like me" who watch, listen, read and learn about what is happening around us, are involved in some conspiracy to con the world's population over global climate change.  Indeed I am sure you and others think I and others who believe this is very real are stupid and should be shouted down. Never forget the world's politicians have families as well and live on this planet.

As I have other channels open to me for interesting debate rather than a car forum, I will now withdraw from all discussions on the subject of climate change.  You can all believe what you like, as frankly it is not going to make any difference to how the world's leaders will act in our best interests on this matter. ;) ;) 

Lizzie, I really don't understand you at all on this. You make a great play in the post, setting out your views and yet when I dare to contradict the theories you put forward, you don't argue the points rationally, but merely refuse to discuss it any more. Odd behaviour, I would suggest, given your interest in politics. :o

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2010, 20:17:45 »

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  How right you are Banjax ;) ;) ;)

STMO999

« Reply #26 on: 07 January 2010, 20:20:33 »

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  How right you are Banjax ;) ;) ;)

Well, if you were both serious about this, surely you wouldn't be driving gas guzzlers? Or is it only for other people?

albitz

« Reply #27 on: 07 January 2010, 20:22:46 »

Whatever you think of Nickbats view on this  subject,there is no denying that he not only does his utmost to provide information to back up his opinion he also goes to the time and trouble to research the credentials of  the people providing the information and post that up as well.
This in my opinion should mean that his posts on the subject (for those who are interested) should be given proper consiideration rather than the near hysterical reactions  or simple "no,your wrong "answers we often see.
I havent seen anything like this level of detailed explanation from anyone on the other side of the fence,and considering that some of them have a reputation of being (pseudo?) intillectualls I do find it a tad surprising. ;)
I must admit that in my case, he is preaching to the converted though. :)
« Last Edit: 07 January 2010, 20:26:27 by albitz »

STMO999

« Reply #28 on: 07 January 2010, 20:24:51 »

Whatever you think of Nickbats vie2w on this  subject,there is no denying that he not only does his utmost to provide information to back up his opinion he also goes to the time and trouble to research the credentials of  the people providing the information and post that up as well.
This in my opinion should mean that his posts on the subject (for those who are inrested) should be given proper consiferation rather than the near hysterical reactions  or simple "no,your wrong "answers we often see.
I havent seen anything like this level of detailed explanoation from anyone on the other side of the fence,.
I must admit that in my case, he is preaching to the converted though. :)

Dear me. Where do I start on this one?  :-?

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #29 on: 07 January 2010, 20:26:25 »

;) ;)

#

Lizzie, I really don't understand you at all on this. You make a great play in the post, setting out your views and yet when I dare to contradict the theories you put forward, you don't argue the points rationally, but merely refuse to discuss it any more. Odd behaviour, I would suggest, given your interest in politics. :o

It is not Nick when all I read at university, academic papers on the likes of JStor, the beliefs of the professors and doctors I encounter all believe global climate change is a very real problem, that is supported by the specialists they have academic contact with who have stated no-one has yet produced a paper for academic scrutiny to argue successfully against climatic change.  This is in a uni where us political students and our lectures freely discuss some radical political alternatives, and do not usually except anything as being "as it is", with always the thought we could do things very differently.  However, on climatic change we are all united.  It is very real and must be tackled. ;) ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.