Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I love my meega but..  (Read 2710 times)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: I love my meega but..
« Reply #15 on: 08 May 2007, 19:14:41 »

I have to agree - i have owned nearly 20 Ex-Police cars, from forces including Essex, West Mercia, Lancashire and Met. The 5 Thames Valley cars have been the best, supplied with all documentaion/handbooks/history as well as being de-comisioned profesionally. ;D Care is taken when the livery is removed aswell as auxillary wiring looms etc. Most other forces, do as little as possible cutting stuff out where possible, and scraping off livery. :(
-
Omegatoy where do you work - WOMA by chance?

THat is indeed where i worked mate!!! left for pastures new sometime ago but still pop over when i am in the area!!! and tvp actually have a place that does indeed recommision the cars properly thats why thier cars always make more money than any other force!!!
« Last Edit: 08 May 2007, 19:16:11 by Omegatoy »

STMO123

« Reply #16 on: 08 May 2007, 19:20:58 »

Apart from taking the decals off and re-fitting radio etc, what exactly is involved in recommisioning?

T-E-P-V-R

• Essex
  • Float like a Cadillac, sting like a beaver!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 May 2007, 15:30:54 »

Mate it is a major job believe me! The livery is the easiest bit. The amount of wiring through the cars that is fitted is outragous. The looms run all through the cars, pending what the cars pupose was and what kit was fitted, looms can be tracked through the B pillars to Lightbars/tracker aerials, C pillars for UHF/VHF/Airwave radio aerials, the looms that power strobes are individually 1/2 inch thick and have to be run seperate from every thing else. All has to be linked up to the device it feeds, the operating switch panel up front and normally all 'hubbed' on the board behind the rear seats where power is fed to.
A major job!...

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 May 2007, 16:23:17 »

Conversation just went something like:

SWMBO "You paid £2750 for that car outside and you've spent about £1500 on it in 12 months. You wont get that back.You are always saying how much you love it"

Me "But.."

SWMBO " You know you've got a good one out there and that one might be crap. AND dont think you're having two! Grow up."

Me "OK love"

Go for it Steve...........you're only "young" once! ::)

I'm doing a very similar thing shortly. After having spent a bucket load on my current Omega, I've been offered one that I really want and...............oh what the hell!! :y
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

STMO123

« Reply #19 on: 09 May 2007, 19:53:18 »

Mate it is a major job believe me! The livery is the easiest bit. The amount of wiring through the cars that is fitted is outragous. The looms run all through the cars, pending what the cars pupose was and what kit was fitted, looms can be tracked through the B pillars to Lightbars/tracker aerials, C pillars for UHF/VHF/Airwave radio aerials, the looms that power strobes are individually 1/2 inch thick and have to be run seperate from every thing else. All has to be linked up to the device it feeds, the operating switch panel up front and normally all 'hubbed' on the board behind the rear seats where power is fed to.
A major job!...

Wow! All that copper wire. Being a scouser I would have to cook it and weigh it in ;D
« Last Edit: 09 May 2007, 19:57:51 by STMO123 »

STMO123

« Reply #20 on: 09 May 2007, 19:57:25 »

Conversation just went something like:

SWMBO "You paid £2750 for that car outside and you've spent about £1500 on it in 12 months. You wont get that back.You are always saying how much you love it"

Me "But.."

SWMBO " You know you've got a good one out there and that one might be crap. AND dont think you're having two! Grow up."

Me "OK love"

Go for it Steve...........you're only "young" once! ::)

I'm doing a very similar thing shortly. After having spent a bucket load on my current Omega, I've been offered one that I really want and...............oh what the hell!! :y

I know Bob. Trouble is, I alternate between 'what the hell' and 'best listen to her' and never make my mind up which way to go. I suppose I'm a bit unusual for a 54 :-[ year old. I always love the car I buy, for about six months, and then its "Oooo, look at that"..."Mmmm, that's nice"  :-/ :-/

T-E-P-V-R

• Essex
  • Float like a Cadillac, sting like a beaver!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 May 2007, 20:27:42 »

Tell me about it! The worrying thing is my wife is just as bad, :y we've had just over 120 cars in about 15 years between us! but she'll always blame me.... ::)

STMO123

« Reply #22 on: 09 May 2007, 21:16:06 »

Tell me about it! The worrying thing is my wife is just as bad, :y we've had just over 120 cars in about 15 years between us! but she'll always blame me.... ::)

120!!!!  F*ck me, I dont think i've even driven 120 cars ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2007, 22:21:56 »

120!!!!  F*ck me, I dont think i've even driven 120 cars

'kinell!

I've had 5 cars and I own 2 of them at the moment!

It was also pointed out, just after I'd picked up the keys to a Blue Omega, that I've never had a car that's not blue  :-[

How sad is that?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.