Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Horizon - Questioning of Science  (Read 3873 times)

Nickbat

Re: Horizon - Questioning of Science
« Reply #75 on: 30 January 2011, 12:54:32 »

How odd that you did not respond to my comment about your "lies" allegation. Are the figures I gave correct? Yes or no. Simple question, requiring a simple answer. ;)

As for the "conspiracy", I merely note what Ban Ki-Moon has just said (see link supplied). ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 30 January 2011, 13:30:37 »

How odd that you did not respond to my comment about your "lies" allegation. Are the figures I gave correct? Yes or no. Simple question, requiring a simple answer. ;)

As for the "conspiracy", I merely note what Ban Ki-Moon has just said (see link supplied). ::)

For "figures" substitute "statistics".......which by their very nature are neither absolute or definitive.
I could provide one set of figures........you  could provide another. I'll wager that both sets are far closer to guesswork and opinion than to fact... :y

Nickbat

« Reply #77 on: 30 January 2011, 13:57:03 »

For "figures" substitute "statistics".......which by their very nature are neither absolute or definitive.
I could provide one set of figures........you  could provide another. I'll wager that both sets are far closer to guesswork and opinion than to fact... :y

Go on then. I challenge you! ;)
« Last Edit: 30 January 2011, 13:59:07 by Nickbat »

Mysteryman

« Reply #78 on: 30 January 2011, 14:00:09 »

Go on then. I challenge you! ;)

Yeah. Go on then. If you think you're hard enough. >:(

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 30 January 2011, 14:29:01 »

hmmmm....who to believe...Nickbat or NASA.......tricky one that, my problem is how dare NASA be so arrogant as to dream that they know more on the subject than Nickbat, with his unwavering eye for the truth and access to every website on the net  :o

you're wasting your time NASA - he'll never buy your lies  :y

50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

albitz

« Reply #80 on: 30 January 2011, 14:31:06 »

Youve said some ludicrous things in your time banjax, but that.... ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #81 on: 30 January 2011, 14:53:31 »

hmmmm....who to believe...Nickbat or NASA.......tricky one that, my problem is how dare NASA be so arrogant as to dream that they know more on the subject than Nickbat, with his unwavering eye for the truth and access to every website on the net  :o

you're wasting your time NASA - he'll never buy your lies  :y

interestingly my commies say similiar things with Nasa ;D

"Cubans make the connection to global warming

Global warming causes increased oceanic temperatures, which increases the intensity of tropical storms. Other current effects are changes in rainfall, causing drought in some areas. Cuba has been concerned about global warming for many years: in 1992 Fidel Castro warned at the UN Conference on the Environment and Development that “An important biological species is at risk of disappearing due to the rapid and progressive elimination of its natural habitat: man. … If we want to save humanity from that self-destruction, there must be a better distribution of the available wealth and technologies on the plantet. There must be less luxury and less squandering in a few countries so that there will be less impoverishment and less famine in a large portion of the Earth.” On Sept. 24, 2007, Foreign Minister Felipe Pérez Roque commented that in the 15 years since that conference almost nothing was done (http://embacuba.cubaminrex.cu/Default.aspx?tabid=6165): “The situation is now a lot more critical, the dangers are greater and we are running out of time.“The scientific evidence is clear. Practical observation is overwhelming. These could only be called into question by irresponsible people. The last ten years have been the warmest. There is a decrease in the thickness of artic ice. Glaciers are receding. Sea level is on the rise. Also increasing is the frequency and intensity of hurricanes.

“The future looks worse: some 30% of all species will disappear if global temperature increases by 1.5 to 2.5 degrees centigrade. Small island states are running the risk of disappearing under the waters.”

According to economist Minqi Li, the world may be already committed to a 2[ch730]C warming relative to pre-industrial times, which is widely considered to be a critical threshold in climate change. (http://www.monthlyreview.org/080721li.php) What this means is that far from being alarmist, Cuban officials have been honest about the gravity of the situation. "

http://www.haitianalysis.com/environment/cuba-confronts-global-warming-now-drought-hurricanes-and-threat-of-rising-oceans

albitz

« Reply #82 on: 30 January 2011, 15:08:13 »

You may have just  (inadvertently) hit the nail on the head Cem.
Cuba is concerned about the effects of global warming.Cuba is much too poor to do anything about it. The major western economies will be asked to give Cuba lots of (dirty capitalist) money to help it in its fight against global warming.
Can you think of any other method that could ever be used, where the rich countries redistribute their wealth to the poorest countries, such as Cuba and all the African countries which have also been wrecked by tinpot communist dictatorships. ;)
« Last Edit: 30 January 2011, 15:09:16 by albitz »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #83 on: 30 January 2011, 15:11:46 »

Cuba is concerned about the effects of global warming.Cuba is much too poor to do anything about it. The major western economies will be asked to give Cuba lots of (dirty capitalist) money to help it in its fight against global warming.Can you think of any other method that could ever be used, where the rich countries redistribute their wealth to the poorest countries, such as Cuba and all the African countries which have also been wrecked by tinpot communist dictatorships. ;)

nah.. its the stolen money from them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D they have to give it back anyway ;D ;D ;D ;D

albitz

« Reply #84 on: 30 January 2011, 15:27:36 »

were through the looking glass now folks. :o ::) ;D

cem_devecioglu

albitz

« Reply #86 on: 30 January 2011, 15:44:45 »

Precisely Cem.A make believe world, in which everything is back to front and upside down and makes no sense whatsoever in the real world. ;) ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #87 on: 30 January 2011, 15:59:54 »

One thing I have observed from these threads is that Nick tries as much as is possible to deal in facts, or at least data from sources which are as reliable as he can find. The people arguing the opposite case, afair rarely present any facts or data to counter this. The arguments tend to be wide sweeping statements and opinions with little if anything to back them up.
Could one of the reasons for this be that so much of the data produced to back up the global warming case has been disproved and discredited ?
Btw, I also note with interest that people fall into the trap of joining pollution/AGW together. They are not the same thing. I am and always have been against pollution of the planet,only a fool or someone with a large vested interest could argue otherwise, but it doesnt follow that we are destroying the planet by emitting co2, they are two different issues.
I think we would be wise to worry more about large scale deforestation - some of which is being carried out to help produce biofriendly fuels - utter madness.

My main worry is deforestation.

Then pollution.

Then wasting of natural resources.

CO2 can be handled by reforestation

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #88 on: 30 January 2011, 16:35:28 »

Precisely Cem.A make believe world, in which everything is back to front and upside down and makes no sense whatsoever in the real world. ;) ;D

Albs, I need to finish a report for job, so no time to  start again..  my only note is that, the world has shifted and changed more than anyone can barely  visualize.. The reason why some were baffled in Davos by the talks of chineese cheese ;D :D

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 30 January 2011, 16:38:16 »

Cuba is concerned about the effects of global warming.Cuba is much too poor to do anything about it. The major western economies will be asked to give Cuba lots of (dirty capitalist) money to help it in its fight against global warming.Can you think of any other method that could ever be used, where the rich countries redistribute their wealth to the poorest countries, such as Cuba and all the African countries which have also been wrecked by tinpot communist dictatorships. ;)

nah.. its the stolen money from them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D they have to give it back anyway ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D Splendid  ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.