Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: What's happened to Lizzie Zoom?  (Read 5111 times)

aaronjb

Re: What's happened to Lizzie Zoom?
« Reply #45 on: 09 April 2011, 23:50:01 »

When was this berating and bullying taking place then ? :-/

To my mind there was plenty of it going around, all in threads that are now gone (thankfully) though.

The general feeling I picked up was "It was our joke, it's our forum, if you don't like it then you're boring, not worth our time and need to lighten up" - but occasionally put in much harsher terms than that and there was some considerable rudeness from various parties to various other parties.

To be honest I didn't find the whole episode funny either, not because of post count loss (I couldn't give two hoots about mine!) but because of the way those who were clearly 'out of the loop' were treated by those who were 'in the loop'. When everyone is in the loop (or clique, whatever you want to call it) then it's all fun & games, but when those who are out of the loop are used (quite rudely, at times) as unwilling stooges it starts to become a little less savoury.

Or maybe I just have no sense of humour.. and I promised myself I wasn't going to comment on all this as there was really no point. Darnit. Now look what you made me go and do  :P :-X 8-)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 April 2011, 23:51:18 »

Yep Consul GT, though in the last series (series four) they had a silver Granada for most episodes.

At the time we were talking about the 1st film..... :y

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09 April 2011, 23:52:22 »

It's sad that any member chooses to leave... But it was entirely Lizzies choice ;) ;)

There are a few of us who are frequently one of the "Admin's Playthings" when it comes to post count "culling"... As most will know, I'm certainly one of them ::) I have always (and always will!) found it highly amusing and take it exactly as it is meant. She never  had any problems joining in the joke when it was someone else on the receiving end ;)

Lizzie was a recent victim, as a joke, as was I and several other members including 2 of the Admins... Most of us took it on the chin, had a laugh (changed Avatars ::)) and went along with it. Lizzie came on the following day, demanded the return of her post count and then left with a big flourish because it wasn't done within a couple of days.  ::)

She has done it before and returned... I hope she'll return again ;)

Lizzie, if you're lurking and reading... I wish you all the best :y

A post count is just a number... As long as it is greater than 0 (or 250 if you're trying to sell something) it means very little ;) ;)

Let's get a grip people... It's not like some the many serious problems in the world at the moment ;) ;)

And you usually manage to take me with you..... :P :P :P
You and your spoon you mean. ;D ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09 April 2011, 23:52:24 »

It's sad that any member chooses to leave... But it was entirely Lizzies choice ;) ;)

There are a few of us who are frequently one of the "Admin's Playthings" when it comes to post count "culling"... As most will know, I'm certainly one of them ::) I have always (and always will!) found it highly amusing and take it exactly as it is meant. She never  had any problems joining in the joke when it was someone else on the receiving end ;)

Lizzie was a recent victim, as a joke, as was I and several other members including 2 of the Admins... Most of us took it on the chin, had a laugh (changed Avatars ::)) and went along with it. Lizzie came on the following day, demanded the return of her post count and then left with a big flourish because it wasn't done within a couple of days.  ::)

She has done it before and returned... I hope she'll return again ;)

Lizzie, if you're lurking and reading... I wish you all the best :y

A post count is just a number... As long as it is greater than 0 (or 250 if you're trying to sell something) it means very little ;) ;)

Let's get a grip people... It's not like some the many serious problems in the world at the moment ;) ;)

And you usually manage to take me with you..... :P :P :P

I think you'll find it's the other way round ::) ::) ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09 April 2011, 23:53:36 »

yep, it is def a consul not a granada. (Im actually sad enough to have saved old car brochures that I collected as a kid and I have one for the consul-along with some very strange ones that Ford kindly sent me from the states featuring strangely attired men with checked trousers and aviator sunglasses lolling over Mustangs/Pintos/LTDs etc ;D. Well, it was the 70s the decade that fashion forgot...)

It's no good turning up 3 years later supporting my argument, where were you when I needed you? she had you scared didn't she..... :D :D :D

But I wasnt here 3 years ago ...... ::)Hope youre not suggesting I'd be frightened by a lady are you Mike (apart from SWMBO of course ;D)?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09 April 2011, 23:56:40 »

To my mind there was plenty of it going around, all in threads that are now gone (thankfully) though.

The general feeling I picked up was "It was our joke, it's our forum, if you don't like it then you're boring, not worth our time and need to lighten up" - but occasionally put in much harsher terms than that and there was some considerable rudeness from various parties to various other parties.

To be honest I didn't find the whole episode funny either, not because of post count loss (I couldn't give two hoots about mine!) but because of the way those who were clearly 'out of the loop' were treated by those who were 'in the loop'. When everyone is in the loop (or clique, whatever you want to call it) then it's all fun & games, but when those who are out of the loop are used (quite rudely, at times) as unwilling stooges it starts to become a little less savoury.

Or maybe I just have no sense of humour.. and I promised myself I wasn't going to comment on all this as there was really no point. Darnit. Now look what you made me go and do  :P :-X 8-)

I can assure you that I was a victim but not part of the loop at all... I just lost my post count (again ::) ::)) and lived with it :y :y

I mean... It wasn't that long ago I had my post count culled because someone else mentioned one of the Admin's pet hates... I hadn't even commented on the thread in question IIRC ::) ;D

I, like you, wasn't going to comment on this thread but if people want to join in with the laugh and joke when it's other people then they have to accept that it may be them one day ;) ;)

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09 April 2011, 23:56:45 »

I lost my post count and was in no loop believe me, look at some of the posting I made at the time, not so much about loosing post count, a regular occurrence, but when i thought the forum had had it, and gone into melt down due to DLK.... :( :(

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 April 2011, 00:00:08 »

looks like Ive missed something,..again.

What happened with the Forum?

Chris :-?

feeutfo

« Reply #53 on: 10 April 2011, 00:01:33 »

No loop afaict. Or if there was a loop, it was one she found most amusing if it happened to others. No doubt about it. Funny how some get upset when the proverbial boot is swapped to the other foot. LZ has seen all this before, and knows how it should be taken. As usual chose to make unusual and special demands above the rest. I still can't see why a member should get a post count return before admin, or anyone else....?

Constant special attention necessary... Ok, wore thin in the end though, being honest.

Anyway, I guess LZ has a more pleasant future now, no?     We'll see.

aaronjb

« Reply #54 on: 10 April 2011, 00:10:37 »

Maybe saying 'in the loop' is the wrong phrase - although there was clearly a loop there, even if it was just the admins involved (as TB said somewhere, it was all orchestrated among them).. it just seemed that some people took it all as good fun and therefore didn't mind when the mickey was taken or they were on the receiving end of barbed responses; but others didn't take it as well and yet folks kept pointing the barbed responses at them..

I tend to think that if someone is obviously sore about something you stop poking them about it - a bit like a scab, or you'll just end up with a scar ;)

Maybe I'm overly sensitive when it comes to piss taking - having said that I do plenty of it myself, I'm just careful about who I take the piss out of.. probably because I ended up on the receiving end of so much of it (and it wasn't always good natured!) when younger. Which I suppose everyone gets - I just took it worse than others ;)

(For example, I wouldn't take the piss out of TB ... because he'd steal my post count  ;D)

Anyway, what's done is done - I wish LZ well as I'm sure most do, and life goes on  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10 April 2011, 00:21:12 »

Maybe saying 'in the loop' is the wrong phrase - although there was clearly a loop there, even if it was just the admins involved (as TB said somewhere, it was all orchestrated among them).. it just seemed that some people took it all as good fun and therefore didn't mind when the mickey was taken or they were on the receiving end of barbed responses; but others didn't take it as well and yet folks kept pointing the barbed responses at them..

I tend to think that if someone is obviously sore about something you stop poking them about it - a bit like a scab, or you'll just end up with a scar ;)

Maybe I'm overly sensitive when it comes to piss taking - having said that I do plenty of it myself, I'm just careful about who I take the piss out of.. probably because I ended up on the receiving end of so much of it (and it wasn't always good natured!) when younger. Which I suppose everyone gets - I just took it worse than others ;)

(For example, I wouldn't take the piss out of TB ... because he'd steal my post count  ;D)

Anyway, what's done is done - I wish LZ well as I'm sure most do, and life goes on  :y

He's not as scary as he makes out though ;) ;) ;)

I, like many others on here, are the "Scab Pickers" you refer to... I like taking the p!$$ out of people... I also enjoy it when people return the favour ;) There are several members who I will go to town with and really have a fun night, some of which I've never even met in person ;)

At the end of the day, it's an online community. Like any "real life" community, there are people who don't get on, people who do, and people who take the P... Live with it :y

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10 April 2011, 00:24:06 »

I, like many others on here, are the "Scab Pickers" you refer to... I like taking the p!$$ out of people... I also enjoy it when people return the favour ;) There are several members who I will go to town with and really have a fun night, some of which I've never even met in person ;)

At the end of the day, it's an online community. Like any "real life" community, there are people who don't get on, people who do, and people who take the P... Live with it :y

And you are a trouble maker and keep loosing my post count, you clique member you...... :P :P :P

aaronjb

« Reply #57 on: 10 April 2011, 00:24:44 »

I don't know as I'd have included you in the list of scab pickers, LD.. but then I did stop paying attention to the shenanigans the other night after a while - maybe you did your picking while I wasn't looking ;)

Really the 'going too far' thing or poking after you should have stopped (that's the royal 'you') is few and far between here.. generally speaking I've never got the impression that people were getting truly fed up with any piss taking until the episode the other night.. and then it was a small minority, really.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10 April 2011, 00:31:55 »

I don't know as I'd have included you in the list of scab pickers, LD.. but then I did stop paying attention to the shenanigans the other night after a while - maybe you did your picking while I wasn't looking ;)

Really the 'going too far' thing or poking after you should have stopped (that's the royal 'you') is few and far between here.. generally speaking I've never got the impression that people were getting truly fed up with any piss taking until the episode the other night.. and then it was a small minority, really.

Indeed ;) ;)

Personally I think the person who was picked on the most was poor old Darth (although he always deserves it :-X ::) :P) because he is such a genuinely nice person who will go out of his way to help people out :y He loves this forum and would never do anything to jeopardise it... Anyone who really thinks he'd broken it deliberately needed their head reading ;) ;)

Oh... And as for the aftermath of "The shenanigans"... If people read between the lines of some of the posts, particularly from some of the Admin Team, then they would have realised that it was, predominantly, a choreographed joke, with some side effects, and really made for a funny evening :y :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10 April 2011, 00:32:35 »

And you are a trouble maker and keep loosing my post count, you clique member you...... :P :P :P

Don't you forget it :D :D :D :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.