Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Did the US really kill Bin Laden?  (Read 2610 times)

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
Re: Did the US really kill Bin Laden?
« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2011, 16:28:20 »

Nope

He is sat in a cell somewhere been waterboarded and other rather painful experiences to within a inch of his life  :y

When the yanks and acociated inteligence services are convinced he can tell them no more, he will get a double tap in the scull and be disposed of  :y

With a bit of luck, in a pig stye ( they will eat ANYTHING )  ;) ;)

light fuse and stands well back ...................

Spot on. You don't mount a massive operation like that and lose the possibility of gaining intel. The body dumped at sea was just for the masses. At the moment they haven't a photo of him dead yet as he is still giving up info. :y

I saw a photo of him dead on SKY News when the news broke - Eammon Holmes introduced it with a warning - dont know why they've pulled it since  :o
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2011, 16:29:22 »

Nope

He is sat in a cell somewhere been waterboarded and other rather painful experiences to within a inch of his life  :y

When the yanks and acociated inteligence services are convinced he can tell them no more, he will get a double tap in the scull and be disposed of  :y

Spot on. You don't mount a massive operation like that and lose the possibility of gaining intel. The body dumped at sea was just for the masses. At the moment they haven't a photo of him dead yet as he is still giving up info. :y

I saw a photo of him dead on SKY News when the news broke - Eammon Holmes introduced it with a warning - dont know why they've pulled it since  :o

Because it's been widely discredited as fake, perhaps?
« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 16:29:45 by aaronjb »

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2011, 16:33:37 »

:o :o :o
Why oh why does there always have to be some kind of conspiracy theory that goes with any major event that takes place in the world. Are we no longer capable of accepting that some things really do happen?!!   ::)
« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 16:34:20 by bob.dent »
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2011, 16:34:18 »

Nope

has it?  :o :o

is this one of those "internet rumours" thats based on a few conspiracy nuts and no real facts?  ;D

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2011, 16:37:46 »

Why oh why does there always have to be some kind of conspiracy theory that goes with any major event that takes place in the world. Are we no longer capable of accepting that some things really do happen?!!   ::)

Media isnt always what it seems, maybe few years down the line you'll find out Obama did to secure his seat in the WH!  :y

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2011, 16:41:15 »

[/quote]
is this one of those "internet rumours" thats based on a few conspiracy nuts and no real facts?  ;D
[/quote]

Definitely not a internet rumour, more on the global scale! but either way hope there is some truth in whats in the news! ;) ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #21 on: 04 May 2011, 16:42:53 »

Nope

has it?  :o :o

http://www.securitynewsdaily.com/fbi-warns-against-fake-osama-bin-laden-pics-0753/

The FBI issued a warning yesterday (May 3) against opening emails claiming to show photos or videos of Osama bin Laden's death, as they likely contain corrupted software rigged to infect your computer and steal your personal information.

Although pictures of bin Laden's corpse do exist, the U.S. government has not yet decided if it will release them to the public

http://www.euronews.net/2011/05/02/dead-bin-laden-photo-is-a-fake/

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/02/6568249-webs-bin-laden-death-photo-just-the-photo-is-fake

Following link contains the picture and is definitely NSFW or those of a weak stomach:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake

This contains the same photo:
http://shyniblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead-body-fake-photos.html

[edit] Although I find it hard to believe, on second thoughts, that you hadn't read about that at least somewhere (the BBC, the Guardian etc etc) so perhaps you were just being funny and I didn't catch it.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 17:02:45 by aaronjb »

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 May 2011, 17:07:46 »

no - hadnt read it -busy day today  ;)- that pic on the right was the one shown on Sky, so OK its a fake, doesnt mean OBL isnt dead, but I'll concede the yanks are making a right horlicks of releasing the story to press  ;D :o

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 04 May 2011, 17:12:15 »

I never said anything about him still being alive, though - just that they'd no doubt withdrawn the picture because someone had pointed out they're a poor excuse for journalists who don't do any fact checking and just blindly copy pictures from other news outlets ;)

(It seems the picture may first have been aired by a Pakistani TV news network and subsequently taken as fact by .. well, everyone else)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 May 2011, 17:13:10 »

.. because in this case there are too many questions, IMHO.

How could he have been living under the shadow of the Pakistani military without the U.S., not least the Pakistanis, knowing about it despite the property having been tagged as "suspicious" years previously?

I'd bet that if someone built a fortress in the middle of Aldershot and moved in a wanted terrorist it would attract a little scrutiny. ;)

Why did they shoot him dead? He was allegedly unarmed, frail and unable to walk so unlikely to have been a threat to the special forces. Wouldn't they have taken him alive in such circumstances? Wouldn't he have been more use alive?

They managed to stop his wife coming for them with a bullet in the leg, apparently. Why not him? His death, as presented, was either a lie or a summary execution.

Why are the US now blurting about the data they have got from his PCs, hard drives, memory sticks, etc? Surely that data will become useless now it is known - unless they have nothing and are hoping it will spook some of his followers into relocating?

Would the US not have gathered some evidence of his capture and presented it to stop all this (predictable) speculation if they could? Would they not have at least kept his body rather than getting shot of it as soon as possible?

I reckon that the release of propaganda news related to this event is being heavily "managed" for political reasons if nothing more sinister.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a decoy at the bottom of the ocean and he's on a slow boat to Guantanamo being milked for everything they can get. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 May 2011, 17:18:59 »

......I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a decoy at the bottom of the ocean and he's on a slow boat to Guantanamo being milked for everything they can get. ;)

That one gets my vote.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 May 2011, 17:20:13 »

Osama Bin Laden - jihad it coming.

:P

;D ;D ;D Outstanding. ;D ;D ;D :y

cleggy

« Reply #27 on: 04 May 2011, 17:44:15 »

Definitely dead I saw himtoday in Wilko's on a shelf labelled Bin Liners. ;)

I'll get my coat ;D

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 May 2011, 18:59:28 »

I never said anything about him still being alive, though - just that they'd no doubt withdrawn the picture because someone had pointed out they're a poor excuse for journalists who don't do any fact checking and just blindly copy pictures from other news outlets ;)

(It seems the picture may first have been aired by a Pakistani TV news network and subsequently taken as fact by .. well, everyone else)

that'll teach me to watch Sky - its like weasel news but not as funny - weasel news is unwatchable early in the morning because its 2 mins of "news/comedy" for every 20 mins of ads  :(

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 04 May 2011, 19:08:02 »

that'll teach me to watch Sky - its like weasel news but not as funny - weasel news is unwatchable early in the morning because its 2 mins of "news/comedy" for every 20 mins of ads  :(

See I just try to avoid the news at all costs  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.