Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: York Confirmed Attendees  (Read 25616 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Re: York Confirmed Attendees
« Reply #120 on: 07 April 2009, 20:12:36 »

As for kettles, all campers should know that domestic kettles are a No-No, with most sites providing 6A, some newer ones 10A ;)

Use a gas kettle.  I can get away without leccy, I'm sure everyone else can to - its only a weekend.  I will have to use the inverter to blow up my airbed though ;D

Iirc TB all UK sites, unless stated, provide 16A, European sites, like france, belguim etc provide 6A. You are correct that domestic kettles are to high unless you use a low wattage kettle like 750 watts which is perfectly ok to use at a UK site. Anything higher than 1000 watts you need to be carefull that you don't overload the circuit as it can be tripped out. I only know that because my father has been using UK site's for the past 4 years and also goes abroad three times a year as well.
  Not trying to put anyones nose out of joint or anything but this is what I have been told, plus the sites I have been to as well have all been providing 16A.

Paul :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 07 April 2009, 20:20:58 »

As for kettles, all campers should know that domestic kettles are a No-No, with most sites providing 6A, some newer ones 10A ;)

Use a gas kettle.  I can get away without leccy, I'm sure everyone else can to - its only a weekend.  I will have to use the inverter to blow up my airbed though ;D

Iirc TB all UK sites, unless stated, provide 16A, European sites, like france, belguim etc provide 6A. You are correct that domestic kettles are to high unless you use a low wattage kettle like 750 watts which is perfectly ok to use at a UK site. Anything higher than 1000 watts you need to be carefull that you don't overload the circuit as it can be tripped out. I only know that because my father has been using UK site's for the past 4 years and also goes abroad three times a year as well.
  Not trying to put anyones nose out of joint or anything but this is what I have been told, plus the sites I have been to as well have all been providing 16A.

I don't think I've ever used a site that provided 16A  :-/ plenty of 10A though. We used a site the year before last though & our group of vans were tripping the distribution board before the individual post trips  :-?  :-?

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 07 April 2009, 20:32:18 »

I will now Publicly appologise to Mr TB who is correct, so am I, stating that most sites are 6A or 10A. In my defense though I was referring to Caravan Club Sites which are/can be 16A.

Once again I do appologise to Mr TB.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

[size=8]Please don't drop my post count please :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[[/size]

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 07 April 2009, 20:48:34 »

I will now Publicly appologise to Mr TB who is correct, so am I, stating that most sites are 6A or 10A. In my defense though I was referring to Caravan Club Sites which are/can be 16A.

I'll take notice next time we're on a CC site. I could've sworn they were mostly 10A  ;) ;)
Anyway ...... I'm sure you can manage a long week end on your battery. SWMBO flattened ours last year watching the dancing thing & crap-factor, the picture went first but it kept the sound   :-? I thought she'd broken it!  ;)   ;)  ;)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 07 April 2009, 20:51:53 »

I can do without the hook up but you know what SWMBO'S are like they want everything on and still ain't happy with that  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ah well she will just have to lump it

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 07 April 2009, 20:56:05 »

I can do without the hook up but you know what SWMBO'S are like they want everything on and still ain't happy with that  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know! She always wants her hair dryer .......

amigov6

« Reply #126 on: 07 April 2009, 22:44:58 »

I don't watch such crap either, i'd rather dig my eyes out with a rusty spike.
   However all your lady wives can pile into my van when they've killed your batteries!!!!!! :-*

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 07 April 2009, 22:47:17 »

I don't watch such crap either, i'd rather dig my eyes out with a rusty spike.
   However all your lady wives can pile into my van when they've killed your batteries!!!!!! :-*
Is there a telly in the clubhouse for those who can't miss an episode of knobenders, and can't set a vcr for it?
Grumpy old man

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 07 April 2009, 23:06:41 »

I'll take notice next time we're on a CC site. I could've sworn they were mostly 10A  ;) ;)
Anyway ...... I'm sure you can manage a long week end on your battery. SWMBO flattened ours last year watching the dancing thing & crap-factor, the picture went first but it kept the sound   :-? I thought she'd broken it!  ;)   ;)  ;)

Some sites are still 5 amp.  The site where our static is on will have problems this easter, again, particularly if it is cold. All the tourers come on and put on loads of electric stuff and it has blown the whole site :( Reminds me, must fix the genny before the weekend.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 07 April 2009, 23:55:48 »

I have had a PM from Ian who has arranged the site etc...

He has told me that it will be around £20 for the weekend which I think is a great price.
Yes 1st - 4th May so not long now.

We will be having our little tent up in the garden or the house apparently to have a practice camping night  ;D

I thought you had some huge great big TENT, or am I getting you mixed up with someone else. ::) ::)
£20.00 for the weekend sounds great, am happy to pay extra for Hook Up :)
Campers all insured and my Dad tells me it will be fully serviced and prepared, I wonder if he will fill the tank up :y :y :y

Pretty sure Vamps if you have electric hook up you will be on hardstanding which is away from the rest of the group :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 07 April 2009, 23:56:52 »

He has told me that it will be around £20 for the weekend which I think is a great price.

We will be having our little tent up in the garden or the house apparently to have a practice camping night  ;D

£20 for the weekend is great stuff
not long at all now can't wait

ive had lots of practice seting the tiny tent up in the back garden ;D :y

I will race ya.... £10 for the winner :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 08 April 2009, 00:01:05 »

the kids like there toast on a morning so would be taking toaster etc

In which case the Club House would be the best bet!

my kids tend to get up pretty early

I don't want to be to close to you then  ::)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 08 April 2009, 00:08:30 »

I thought you had some huge great big TENT, or am I getting you mixed up with someone else. ::) ::)
£20.00 for the weekend sounds great, am happy to pay extra for Hook Up :)
Campers all insured and my Dad tells me it will be fully serviced and prepared, I wonder if he will fill the tank up :y :y :y

Pretty sure Vamps if you have electric hook up you will be on hardstanding which is away from the rest of the group :y

Thinking about the options :y
Mind it might be quieter away from those in tents.... :D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 08 April 2009, 00:17:56 »

Then you can try to put Guy's tent back into its bag from last year. We tried & failed! ;D ;D ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 08 April 2009, 06:38:07 »

Then you can try to put Guy's tent back into its bag from last year. We tried & failed! ;D ;D ;D

Guy is big enough and certainly ugly enough to put his own tent away ;D plus I will have enough trouble with my own  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.