Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billing  (Read 1699 times)

Pedro

Billing
« on: 12 July 2009, 00:44:02 »

After deciding not to go and gotten used to the idea, the missis gets up this morning and announces that sod it, let's go to Billing just for the day.
half an hour later (well, I did have to take my daughter on her paper round!) we were off.
Took 3 hours to get there (3 lots of 50mph on M1, longest is 15 miles south of derby exit), 3 hours to get back, but worth it.
Gorgeous Irmscher kitted silver facelift on ABS (Scottish fella owns it), so really looking forward to fitting the Irmscher front bumper and bottom half respray on ours now! 8-)

Weather held off until we got out of Billing, then the rain started and got gradually worse up the M1. Still pi55ing down in York now - hope it's not as bad at Billing, cos it could turn into a swampland quite quickly. :o

Shortest ever Billing for me (and the only sober one!), but next year, will be there for the preceding week. :y

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
Re: Billing
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2009, 00:57:41 »

yup it is a cracking car and it belongs to mike dundee

Pedro

« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2009, 09:59:55 »

Doesn't look like the guy in the films! (Cheap shot, apologies).

Really good looking car :y

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2009, 11:40:38 »

After deciding not to go and gotten used to the idea, the missis gets up this morning and announces that sod it, let's go to Billing just for the day.
half an hour later (well, I did have to take my daughter on her paper round!) we were off.
Took 3 hours to get there (3 lots of 50mph on M1, longest is 15 miles south of derby exit), 3 hours to get back, but worth it.
Gorgeous Irmscher kitted silver facelift on ABS (Scottish fella owns it), so really looking forward to fitting the Irmscher front bumper and bottom half respray on ours now! 8-)

Weather held off until we got out of Billing, then the rain started and got gradually worse up the M1. Still pi55ing down in York now - hope it's not as bad at Billing, cos it could turn into a swampland quite quickly. :o

Shortest ever Billing for me (and the only sober one!), but next year, will be there for the preceding week. :y

Took 3 hours Pffft how come? ... Took me 3hrs exactly, and I was in rush hour traffic, and towing my caravan!  ;D And... been really pedantic, I have about 2 miles further to travel!  :y :) ;)

Used 8 gallons to get here though  :'(
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2009, 11:41:39 »

And I stopped off at services for a few mins too!  :o
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Pedro

« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2009, 21:34:36 »

I was doing 70-80 all the way, apart from the 50 stretches.

Did it in just over two hours once, in my Carlton. Left Billing at 10 pm on the Sunday. Used alot of fuel and afterwards, thought I was being a bit of a idiot, driving like I did that night.
Well into three figures all the way, and topped 155 at one point, having a play with a large Merc.

Anyway, I don't drive like a hero anymore - can't afford to!!! :-[
« Last Edit: 12 July 2009, 21:35:49 by Pedro »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2009, 17:27:52 »

;D ;D ;D...............I have to laugh, as when I got to Billing was looking for you, and ended up speaking to another bloke with an omega and a caravan, set up the other side of Vinnie's, no wonder he looked at me funny when I intruded on his Friday evening dinner :-X, had a quick beer with him saturday night, never did find your caravan though :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2009, 19:50:59 »

Doesn't look like the guy in the films! (Cheap shot, apologies).

Really good looking car :y
And despite being 'only' a 2.6, its rather quick as well :y
Grumpy old man

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2009, 20:47:57 »

It was a good Billing, Nice motor Mike, didn't realise it was you.  ::)
« Last Edit: 13 July 2009, 20:48:21 by Agemo »

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2009, 22:17:17 »

;D ;D ;D...............I have to laugh, as when I got to Billing was looking for you, and ended up speaking to another bloke with an omega and a caravan, set up the other side of Vinnie's, no wonder he looked at me funny when I intruded on his Friday evening dinner :-X, had a quick beer with him saturday night, never did find your caravan though :-X

PMSL! You never said!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
[size=12]

Pedro

« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2009, 22:29:20 »

That was Sess. Nice bloke from Mansfield. ;)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2009, 22:52:00 »

That was Sess. Nice bloke from Mansfield. ;)

Ah well you wern't far away then! Infact, that was prob when I tried ringing your mobile to ask if it was you!!! ;D
[size=12]

Pedro

« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2009, 23:56:01 »

What, my mobile number?
That's classified information!!!! :o

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2009, 00:01:31 »

What, my mobile number?
That's classified information!!!! :o
I was referring to Mike mate!  :y

Pitty Stu didnt make it down there :'(
« Last Edit: 14 July 2009, 00:01:53 by Ian_D »
[size=12]

Pedro

« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2009, 10:03:26 »

He did, matey - came down on the Saturday.
Dunno if he had his pikey palace though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.