Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.0 8 Valve  (Read 2743 times)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
Omega 2.0 8 Valve
« on: 19 September 2009, 20:23:30 »

With my whole family driving omega's thank's to me (Mum has 03 2.6 CDX, Dad has 51 2.2 DTI CDX, Granmother has W reg 2.0 CDX and i have 03 2.2 DTI Elite and W reg 3.0 Elite) my brother is now after one, at the mo he drives a Mk2 J reg Astra 1.6 convertible which has only done 36,000 miles but he loves the vauxhall omega estate and has wanted one ever since he passed his test and can't wait to get his mits on one so he's going to want get one in the next few months or just after christmas, i thought because he is only 19 and at college still and has little money that the 8 valve model would be the best one to have but i would like your thoughts on this please as to whether it less to run than a 2.0 16 valve and if they are easy to come by also did they only come in the select model :)
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.0 8 Valve
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2009, 20:42:39 »

I'm only 19, got my Omega 2.2 when I was 18. Just sold it. Make sure he checks insurance, I started paying £340 per month, then after 5 months switched to elephant where I then paid £192 per month. That was the best possible quote, I couldn't beat it and I tried for many many hours. So make sure he checks insurance carefully, because buying a £700 2.0 could cost up to £2000. And being a student is one of the worst risk factors, if he were to be let's say...an antique dealer  ::) he'd get a better quote.

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2009, 20:45:15 »

Can you get a 8V omega B?
I thought they died ot with the Omega A?
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2009, 20:45:19 »

JESUS CHRIST !!!!

£340 per MONTH.......?!?!?!!?

I pay just over half that for the MV6 for an ANNUAL policy....

That is totally shocking, and I feel sorry for people paying that much for essentially, nothing......

:o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: 19 September 2009, 20:45:56 by webby23 »
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2009, 20:46:47 »

Very first Omegas had the 8v lump
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2009, 20:49:48 »

Nope, early Omega B's had 8v fitted.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2009, 20:50:25 »

With my whole family driving omega's thank's to me (Mum has 03 2.6 CDX, Dad has 51 2.2 DTI CDX, Granmother has W reg 2.0 CDX and i have 03 2.2 DTI Elite and W reg 3.0 Elite) my brother is now after one, at the mo he drives a Mk2 J reg Astra 1.6 convertible which has only done 36,000 miles but he loves the vauxhall omega estate and has wanted one ever since he passed his test and can't wait to get his mits on one so he's going to want get one in the next few months or just after christmas, i thought because he is only 19 and at college still and has little money that the 8 valve model would be the best one to have but i would like your thoughts on this please as to whether it less to run than a 2.0 16 valve and if they are easy to come by also did they only come in the select model :)

Nope, 2.0 16v's came in all specs but not Elite/MV6

nick v6

• Omega Baron
  • walsall / west midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2009, 20:52:08 »

Nope, early Omega B's had 8v fitted.

there is 1 member miggy24 he has a 2litre 8valve
just need to tax the tank now:)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2009, 20:53:21 »

I think he means did the 8v come in other specs than the "select" Tunnie

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2009, 20:56:48 »

They did when they brought the omega out in 94 but i don't think they made it to the mini facelift stage. There is one that lives near me and it's a red select estate 2.0 8 valve and is mint but the guy who ownes it has had it from new and i don't think he will ever will never sell it.
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2009, 20:58:37 »

I have seen 8v GLS but surely a 16v is the way to go? More of them

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2009, 21:02:18 »

They did when they brought the omega out in 94 but i don't think they made it to the mini facelift stage. There is one that lives near me and it's a red select estate 2.0 8 valve and is mint but the guy who ownes it has had it from new and i don't think he will ever will never sell it.
Omega 8v 4/94-10/95.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2009, 21:02:44 by RobG »

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2009, 21:03:54 »

I have seen 8v GLS but surely a 16v is the way to go? More of them

I would say yes but i know when i had my first omega it was a 2.0 16V and the head gasket went and the waterpump then the exhaust manifold and i know he's only got so much money to play with each month and the 8V unit never seems to go wrong, well the ones i've had anyway :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2009, 21:05:59 »

I've had a 2.2 petrol since 80k (now on 123k)

Main things i have replaced were cam sensor & coil pack, the pack itself did not fail, it would judder ever so slightly under low revs/labor i just swapped it for a smoother ride.

Regular coolant and oil changes and the 4 pots are fine engines, we had one that did 130k in 3 years, never missed a beat!
« Last Edit: 19 September 2009, 21:06:42 by tunnie »

Miggy24

• Exeter,Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2009, 21:33:14 »

i HAVE THE 2.0 8V AND ITS NEVER LET ME DOWN SINCE IV HAD THE CAR AND IS CHEAP TO REPAIR IF IT GOES WRONG
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.