Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti-Rust Protection Wax  (Read 864 times)

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
Anti-Rust Protection Wax
« on: 07 February 2010, 16:05:09 »

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anybody has a recommendation for an anti-rust protection wax, similar to Waxoyl?

It's for my missus' car (although if any good, I may well treat the Omega to a few preventative coats once I've used hers as a guinea pig! :D )

I don't really want to use Waxoyl, as it will be going in some visible areas (such as door shuts etc), and even the clear Waxoyl tends to stick out quite a bit.

Ideally, it'd also "set" quite a bit too (Waxoyl tends to stay too sticky/greasy).

Anybody got any suggestions??

Cheers  :y

Jukeboxnut

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2004 2.2 auto CDX estate
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Rust Protection Wax
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2010, 20:24:22 »

I find the Dinitrol waxes are excellent especially the ML and 3654 type.  They are thinner than Waxoyl and so creep into all the seams.  I have used them on my 2.2 estate, the only problem is they tend to drip for a long time after application as they are so thin.

waspy

« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2010, 20:49:15 »

It has to be said that the using of Waxoyl can be detrimental to your panels, as moisture can be locked in behind the Waxoyl & so can actually makes the problem worse.
I found that Duck Oil was good, as it drives moisture out & stays around inside the panel joints for some time. It's expensive, but i used to get it free ;)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2010, 00:14:58 »

Beware of Waxoyl as I did the inside of all four doors and it seeped out the drain holes and caused the door seals to warp and become misshaped immediatly adjacent to the drains....... :(

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2010, 05:25:37 »

its important to keep the door drains clear for ventilation and drainage

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2010, 19:07:00 »

I use supertrol, it penatrates very well and sets quite hard although it dries quite dark. I used to use a product made by shell called Ensis oil, it was the stuff that is used to coat new machine tools in to prevent corrosion it dries to a golden colour, harder and not as thick as waxoil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.