Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG shutting off  (Read 1836 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: LPG shutting off
« Reply #15 on: 09 March 2010, 23:36:51 »

As far as I know .. the sequent 56 will handle up to 30 kwatts /cylinder with standard injectors - page 32

http://www.remixbg.com/Documentation/Documents/Gazovi%20uredbi/BRC/SEQUENT%20Plug%20&%20Drive/Manuale_Seq_Instal_1_3_en.pdf

now 30 kwatts / cylinder x 6 = 180 kwatts which is 240 HP ... quite a bit more than an Omega 3.2 !!!

so the system "should" handle it ... but I suppose it could have the smaller evaporator ... which would limit it to 26 kwatts/cylinder .. but that is still 26x6 = 156 kwatts = 209 HP ....

unless the evaporator is tired or needs a tweak ??? 

Robski

• Wigan,Gtr Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2010, 23:49:58 »

As far as I know .. the sequent 56 will handle up to 30 kwatts /cylinder with standard injectors - page 32

http://www.remixbg.com/Documentation/Documents/Gazovi%20uredbi/BRC/SEQUENT%20Plug%20&%20Drive/Manuale_Seq_Instal_1_3_en.pdf

now 30 kwatts / cylinder x 6 = 180 kwatts which is 240 HP ... quite a bit more than an Omega 3.2 !!!

so the system "should" handle it ... but I suppose it could have the smaller evaporator ... which would limit it to 26 kwatts/cylinder .. but that is still 26x6 = 156 kwatts = 209 HP ....

Systems only been in since 30/1/09 and done 12k in that time.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 March 2010, 08:59:55 »

Systems only been in since 30/1/09 and done 12k in that time.

I'm no expert.. so just trying to give any info I can ... I have the sequent 56 on my 3.2 and it handles the power without ever switching to petrol .. even when red lining it.  The PDF link is about the best "description" of all the components in the system I have.

About all I can think of to do .. would be to check the type/size of vapouriser, type/size of injectors and compare to the tables in that link. If they all match the higher power requirements then the "design" of your system is good .. and its just a matter of finding out which "bit" is not working properly.

Obviously, if the bits don't match then that might be the problem !!!  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 March 2010, 10:02:19 »

You really need to get the mapping software for the LPG system and see what's going on.

Firstly, a recalibration now the petrol ECU has adapted to the new cams.

If the LPG injectors are running out of duration and going fully on they might need the nozzles drilling out a little larger, assuming they are of a type that allows it.

If the vapour pressure is falling and prompting the switchover it points to something upstream, so vapouriser not able to deliver enough fuel, either by design or because, perhaps, the fuel line (6mm or 8mm?) or multivalve are now too restrictive for the fuel demand of the engine.

An acceptable solution, if something simple won't cure it, might be to set it to switch back to petrol at high RPM.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2010, 10:03:37 »

.. and don't forget the heating of the vapouriser itself. The hotter it runs the more vapour it can deliver, so ensure it has good coolant flow.

Kefvin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.