Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 litre mv6 manual or 3.2 manual  (Read 1169 times)

asim_carlton

• View Profile
3 litre mv6 manual or 3.2 manual
« on: 19 May 2010, 12:22:38 »

as above boys and girls have the chance to buy either a 3 litre mv6 manual or a 3.2 manual whats the better option and any known faults with either one seen a few 3.2 nasty engine pics and a few nasty stories about them. But would like to know fact from owners cheers

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: 3 litre mv6 manual or 3.2 manual
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2010, 12:29:56 »

as above boys and girls have the chance to buy either a 3 litre mv6 manual or a 3.2 manual whats the better option and any known faults with either one seen a few 3.2 nasty engine pics and a few nasty stories about them. But would like to know fact from owners cheers

both engines are pretty much the same, but 3.0 is cable throttle & has various tree hugging additions, the
3.2 is drive by wire throttle & is a lot neater under the bonnet because the enviromental bits have been removed & done a different way. 3.2 has an extra cat & lambda per side which can give some problems. Previous drivers of 3.2 will have  thrashed it driven it hard cos he didn't own it (all manual 3.2 were plod)

buy an auto!  ::)   ::)  ::)  ::)  :y
« Last Edit: 19 May 2010, 12:30:29 by Andy_B »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2010, 14:49:40 »

not all 3.0 's have the eco frendly kit on them lmao.......
I would say either manuals are good mate being honest, most ex cop cars have been properly put through their paces but well maintained whilst a cop car.
The 3.2 auto is certainly no slouch either drove one yesterday that i was well impressed with.
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

asim_carlton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2010, 16:08:19 »

I would say either manuals are good mate being honest, most ex cop cars have been properly put through their paces but well maintained whilst a cop car.
The 3.2 auto is certainly no slouch either drove one yesterday that i was well impressed with.
See ive never been a real fan of automatics in cars but a bmw auto are amazing diesel and petrols 2.5 upwards also but i have just been in an auto 3 litre mv6 and wow in sports mode it was impressive

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2010, 16:23:32 »

See ive never been a real fan of automatics in cars but a bmw auto are amazing diesel and petrols 2.5 upwards also but i have just been in an auto 3 litre mv6 and wow in sports mode it was impressive

Same Transmission as the BMW's  :y
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2010, 16:30:11 »

I personally prefer manual Omega's to auto one's.
Automatic's do have their advantages, ease around town being the main one.
But, a manual is quicker, lower emissions, more reliable than auto box, better MPG and it always does what you ask it to do.
I've got a 3.2 manual currently, and have had three 3.2 auto's . Never had the older non DBW engines, so really can't comment on them.
What age is the 3.2 manual, and do you know which force it came from?

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2010, 23:08:41 »

3.0 manual you can buy mv6 or if you really lucky elite with all toys. 8-)
3.2 manual coming only on EX cop  (basic spec.) :-[

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2010, 11:27:49 »

I personally prefer manual Omega's to auto one's.
Automatic's do have their advantages, ease around town being the main one.
But, a manual is quicker, lower emissions, more reliable than auto box, better MPG and it always does what you ask it to do.
I've got a 3.2 manual currently, and have had three 3.2 auto's . Never had the older non DBW engines, so really can't comment on them.
What age is the 3.2 manual, and do you know which force it came from?

Manuals are more reliable, based on what?! Poor maintenance will destroy both manual and automatic transmission. I've had a dozen of different automatic cars without any problems with trnasmissions. And, had as well a dozen of manual cars with various problems with clutches (they need to be replaced from time to time), one broken main shaft and several replaced joints in prop shafts/CV:s on FWD cars.

Ploppy

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2010, 11:35:09 »

Well I have owned both an unmarked P reg 3.0 litre Omega MV6 and currently a 3.2 ex job car , both manual , I have to say theres not much in it.

The only reason I went for the 3.2 is to have the updated look, thats it, although both cars look great and drive the same.

I think its what you feel is right, Ive never been put off by what people say about ex police, buy from a police area where they actually take pride in their cars and how they drive them.

Ex police cars are working cars which in some force areas will have had a harder life than lets say other forces.

Hope that helps

Ploppy :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.