Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The LPG kit has arrived  (Read 11027 times)

Peachy

Re: The LPG kit has arrived
« Reply #15 on: 20 May 2010, 15:14:17 »

like the sound of that...

So whats the 'bits bill' standing at then?

The entire conversion cost (excluding materials to make the raised floor) is standing at £700 :y

Based on petrol being 117.0 p per litre and an average of 30mpg = the cost of running on petrol is 17.9p a mile

Based on LPG being 60p per litre and an average of 23mpg = the cost of running on LPG is 11.9p per litre

This is a total saving of 6p per mile, therefore it will take 11,666 miles to break even  :y

James, have you been on some sort of illegal substance, you know, GLOY, or some sort, wheere can you get fuel @ £1.17?
£1.22 here now. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( and rising DAILY.
Bloody TORIES.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 May 2010, 16:28:05 »

i can get petrol for £1.15p a litre in central London today, drove past one  :)

Fuel prices have nothing to do with Tories, Labour stuck 2p per litre on petrol when VAT was cut, but forgot to take back off when VAT went back to its normal rate  ;)
« Last Edit: 20 May 2010, 16:28:18 by tunnie »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 May 2010, 17:01:21 »

James, have you been on some sort of illegal substance, you know, GLOY, or some sort, wheere can you get fuel @ £1.17?
Bloody TORIES.

Falling daily here since nulab were binned. ;). 1.16. Not that I care, given that my only petrol-consuming car is in bits. :'(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 May 2010, 17:07:13 »

Bloody TORIES.

Falling daily here since nulab were binned. ;). 1.16. Not that I care, given that my only petrol-consuming car is in bits. :'(

Kevin

Petrol and LPG haven't budged in price at all (although it did go up just before the election)... Wouldn't mind if LPG came down a bit ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2010, 17:51:57 »

The entire conversion cost (excluding materials to make the raised floor) is standing at £700 :y

Based on petrol being 117.0 p per litre and an average of 30mpg = the cost of running on petrol is 17.9p a mile

Based on LPG being 60p per litre and an average of 23mpg = the cost of running on LPG is 11.9p per litre

This is a total saving of 6p per mile, therefore it will take 11,666 miles to break even  :y
i have always thought that you get the same mpg on gas as you do on petrol am i wrong in thinking this

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 May 2010, 17:53:38 »

i have always thought that you get the same mpg on gas as you do on petrol am i wrong in thinking this

Yes, its around 10-15% lower economy on gas compared to petrol, sometimes more. I used to get 30-34mpg on average from petrol, i get 24-27mpg on gas.

But its pence per mile which is important, mine is now 9 to 11p depending on driving

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2010, 18:24:40 »

Bloody TORIES.
Dropped to 115.9p at work.  Sadly, the LPG station rose to 61.9p the other day  :'(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2010, 18:25:27 »

In MPG terms, I used to get 25mpg on petrol. Now get around 20mpg on LPG.  So thats 20% less in my book...
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 May 2010, 18:41:27 »

In MPG terms, I used to get 25mpg on petrol. Now get around 20mpg on LPG.  So thats 20% less in my book...

That's about right from my experience.

Quick question.

Aside of the wiring to each individual LPG injector, there appears to be a pink and black pair of wires on each injector block - connected to the injector block itself, and not any specific injector.

It's not referenced on the wiring diagram - and I don't recall the Valtek units having them - any ideas?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2010, 20:50:03 »

Aside of the wiring to each individual LPG injector, there appears to be a pink and black pair of wires on each injector block - connected to the injector block itself, and not any specific injector.

It's not referenced on the wiring diagram - and I don't recall the Valtek units having them - any ideas?

Probably vapour temperature sensor. Maybe you won't need that measurement Tee after all?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 May 2010, 21:14:36 »

Probably vapour temperature sensor. Maybe you won't need that measurement Tee after all?

Kevin

Crossed my mind... although - there is one on each injector block - you wouldn't join them up, would you?  :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 May 2010, 21:35:03 »

Crossed my mind... although - there is one on each injector block - you wouldn't join them up, would you?  :-/

You'd just connect one, assuming that's what they are.

Kevin

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 May 2010, 23:44:28 »

You'd just connect one, assuming that's what they are.

Kevin

Thanks Kev. That is my feeling too.... although, it won't look too professional having loose wires hanging from the other one  :-/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 May 2010, 10:31:40 »

Tank will involve creating a highish false floor to the boot - 7cm to be exact. Can live with that though, will still be plenty of dog/camping room

At 80% capacity, this tank will hold 56 litres in total.

This is 12.3 gallons

So, if I can get 23mpg, I will have a range of 282.9 miles, which is a decent compromise.

have you given any thought to cutting out the bottom of the spare wheel well so that the tank could be mounted lower thus saving the loadspace or is it more work than creating a false floor
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 May 2010, 10:36:32 »

Tank will involve creating a highish false floor to the boot - 7cm to be exact. Can live with that though, will still be plenty of dog/camping room

At 80% capacity, this tank will hold 56 litres in total.

This is 12.3 gallons

So, if I can get 23mpg, I will have a range of 282.9 miles, which is a decent compromise.

have you given any thought to cutting out the bottom of the spare wheel well so that the tank could be mounted lower thus saving the loadspace or is it more work than creating a false floor

How close is the tank to the underside of the wheel well though?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.