Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 9,000 Mile Omega with pictures now.  (Read 4274 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: 9,000 Mile Omega with pictures now.
« Reply #30 on: 01 June 2010, 22:09:57 »

couldn be genuine,and omegas are notoriously easy to clock! ::)

They defiantely are, as are most vehicles though but you'd be stupid to do it these days. 

My Speedo has gained 0 miles in the last 12 months.

It's SORNed.   ;D ;D ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 June 2010, 22:52:01 »

couldn be genuine,and omegas are notoriously easy to clock! ::)

They defiantely are, as are most vehicles though but you'd be stupid to do it these days. 

My Speedo has gained 0 miles in the last 12 months.

It's SORNed.   ;D ;D ::)

the speedo on my Astra stayed the same for a year before I bought it, the gearbox part of the sender was fubar'd  :-?  ;)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 June 2010, 23:05:40 »

It's like the ABS ECU fuse, if that's removed you won't gain any miles, but then again you won't have ABS. Someone decided when I bought Y189 HKE they'd remove the fuse to bring up the ABS and TC lights in the hope it'd go cheap. I'm amazed by how many things happen at auction, someone removed all the towing eye covers on some Astra's. Then you've got others who remove the oil filler cap and only half tighten it in the hope it'll spray some oil under the bonnet.

I'd say if anyone is interested in this Omega, go and have a look...if you actually turned up I bet the guy would have no problem giving you the MOT history number. I wouldn't give one out to someone who emailed me. If someone turned up I'd happily give it to them.
But clocking is still a big issue in the motor trade...I know people that do it, some by a few k miles...others a good 70k miles or more, but either ways it's totally unacceptable.
Even some big garages have done it.
A 2004 Jag XJ8 owned by the Met police came through acution, it had 65k miles on the clock, but on the auction catalogue, and on the windscreen and service history it stated it had a new speedo fitted at 20k miles, so it's real mileage was 85k and a bit.
But the big garage who bought it ommited this, I saw their advert and phoned them pretending to be interested. And they assured me it had FSH and gen mileage of 65k miles. I then phoned The Met Police, they turned up at the garage and seized the vehicle. They got it back listed it witht e gen mileage, but for a cheaper price. Some of their other vehicles had issues with them.
I have no time for people like that, it makes me angry. If you can't make an honest living selling cars, you're not welcome. Some people are just out to make money from anyone, anyway possible...and it's not on.

Peachy

« Reply #33 on: 01 June 2010, 23:18:16 »

Nice Words Mr Wyatt.
I know of a guy local to me who does clocking EVERY day for a living, Charges £70. Takes him seconds, and is always busy, I reckon he may be an informer, cos he never been caught, but there you are, the way of life these days.
I was happy for my boy to buy this Passat with 144k on it, drives like a good un, and  well, just drives like a good un is all I am goona say.
Again, nice words Mr Wyatt. :y :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 June 2010, 23:25:02 »

I can only say for a lcd odometer in an Astra G, but it's dead easy to 'correct' milage using a cheapo Tech II & a laptop. I 'lost' a mile of SWMBO's Astra just to see if I could ..... & I could. Jimbob reckoned the 'correction' was logged in the ECU though, but who would have the facilities to check before they bought a car?

Peachy

« Reply #35 on: 01 June 2010, 23:27:32 »

I am told the correction is logged, and if there was a nasty accident, surely the insurance and police would check for obvious reasons.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 June 2010, 23:31:46 »

I am told the correction is logged, and if there was a nasty accident, surely the insurance and police would check for obvious reasons.

How nasty is nasty? If you mean enough to write a car off, then it seems that nobody checked SWMBO's Astra then, it was written off last September.  ;)

Peachy

« Reply #37 on: 01 June 2010, 23:34:54 »

1 Mile, I doubt that would be of no concern, but as Mr Wyatt states, 70k is taking the piss.
I have seen the guy in my street doing it, and there are at least 8 coppers living in this street. Makes me wonder.....Hmmmmm

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 June 2010, 23:41:48 »

1 Mile, I doubt that would be of no concern,  .....

Like I said, I was just playing.  ;D  ;D  ;D

djac

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2001/Y Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 June 2010, 13:09:55 »

It does look great, but that mileage would also bother me as others have said.

Look at the "10,000" 'O' which is out of line, when I think that should be level at a mileage reading of 9,500.  Could be wrong, but as you say Del I would want proof of that mileage.

Would I pay the money if I had the cash?  If I had more money than I knew what to do with, maybe.  Otherwise, No! ::) ::) ;) ;)

Quite. If it has been clocked it is a very clumsy attempt.

Very careful check of the documentation, as others have already said.

belldarr

« Reply #40 on: 02 June 2010, 20:11:01 »

I wonder what the additional ariel is for (between the sunroof and top of the front screen).

Also Red LED on top of the steering column - possibly aftermarket alarm?

No rear spoiler too - could it be an ex police/public sector vehicle?

Darren

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 June 2010, 20:40:04 »

i really can't see this guy clocking a car that much it would draw to much attention to its self and if he had im sure he would make sure the digits where in line, and not left in a mess like they are. Personally i don't think its worth that type of money as soon as it starts to be used regularly all the rubber bushes will give up and need replcement. There will be no end to the problems you will have extra low milage is far worse than high milage imho
« Last Edit: 02 June 2010, 20:40:41 by markspark »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02 June 2010, 20:43:42 »

I wonder what the additional ariel is for (between the sunroof and top of the front screen).

Also Red LED on top of the steering column - possibly aftermarket alarm?

No rear spoiler too - could it be an ex police/public sector vehicle?

Darren

Good spot, I hadn't noticed that. All but one of the ex police Omega's I've had have that red LED.
I've never really known what it was, at a guess I'd assume it was part of the runlock system.
I wonder if it had been a government chaffeur car? Or vehicle used by ACPO or other body.

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03 June 2010, 00:57:42 »

its now showing as sold
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.