Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Rover 800 knowledge on here?  (Read 2834 times)

Simon72

• Intermediate Member
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
Re: Any Rover 800 knowledge on here?
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2010, 18:03:54 »

My late father had a 820ti and it also had a head gasket blow.
It had the gasket replaced and after that for a week had lose of power, it was eventually traced down to the cam belt had been put on 1 tooth out of position, this was then changed back to correct position and we had all power regained.

If you have had the head gasket replaced, just have the tinming checked first as a matter of course.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 August 2010, 15:37:12 »

My late father had a 820ti and it also had a head gasket blow.
It had the gasket replaced and after that for a week had lose of power, it was eventually traced down to the cam belt had been put on 1 tooth out of position, this was then changed back to correct position and we had all power regained.

If you have had the head gasket replaced, just have the tinming checked first as a matter of course.

Thats been playing on my mind lately.    :y :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 August 2010, 00:29:23 »

I have had an 827 auto and an 820 manual, the manual was pretty naff to be honest but the 827 is possible one of the best cars I have ever owned... :y

3.2 CHARLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 August 2010, 01:47:30 »

Just been handed a L reg 2.0 Turbo Vitesse Hatch to play with, its been in storage for the last 8 years, the guy just wants rid of it as He needs the space, Its too good a nick to scrap, the guy blow the HG on years ago then spent the best part of a grand getting it fixed (by some so called rover expert) before running out of money and losing intrest.

The Car runs but is pretty gutless, feels to me like its in limp mode?, do they do that?, anyway of me reading the ECU?, any pointers, could be something simple thats been left off on rebuild, just a guess.

Apparently the Car ran sweet before he did the HG in.
 :-/

Edit:, just to add the Head was skimmed and new belts and bits fitted etc, so assuming the Repairer did that right.

Hello Scrap it they were crap new .. i had a 1996 Vitesse sport with 20,000 miles on it from :y :y new a few probs with it got more in parts .. Don't waste your Time > night !! :P ;D ;) :D :( :y :y :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 17 queries.