Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: which to choose for the family run-around  (Read 2192 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: which to choose for the family run-around
« Reply #15 on: 18 August 2010, 13:19:34 »

What about a Defender 110?
You have bench seats in the rear most part with proper seat belts, and still plenty of room for luggage etc.
It will be a slow old girl, and newer one's are expensive but if none of the MPV's are any good...I'd probably consider one of those.
Or, there's the Transit Tourneo? I think they're also particularly good. You can get an 8 seat version, Tourneo's come with air con, electric windows, elec mirrors, most with alloys. It depends on what age you go for whether that be the 1996 to 2000 model, or the next generation 2000 to 2006, but if the MPV's are just that bit too small, it seems the next step.

omegadan67

• northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 August 2010, 23:02:01 »

What about a Defender 110?
You have bench seats in the rear most part with proper seat belts, and still plenty of room for luggage etc.
It will be a slow old girl, and newer one's are expensive but if none of the MPV's are any good...I'd probably consider one of those.
Or, there's the Transit Tourneo? I think they're also particularly good. You can get an 8 seat version, Tourneo's come with air con, electric windows, elec mirrors, most with alloys. It depends on what age you go for whether that be the 1996 to 2000 model, or the next generation 2000 to 2006, but if the MPV's are just that bit too small, it seems the next step.

Yes please could tow a train with all the family and as strong as an ox, all the ones ive seen 110 station/safari's cost twice as much as a mpv and over 10 years old though if 1 comes up and its the right price i woul take over any other vehicle this side of a winnibago

A little infomation is dangerous in the wrong hands

omegadan67

• northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2010, 21:33:33 »

ok just to update people i have today brought a 2002 ford galaxy 1.9 tdi 115 bhp 95,000 full service histroy 2 owner very clean and tidy and after haggling  £3200 with 12 month warrenty 6 months tax 12 mot and a tank of fuel

I think i did quite well pick it up tuesday so pics to follow
A little infomation is dangerous in the wrong hands

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 August 2010, 13:18:36 »

I think i did quite well...

And, at the end of the day, thats all that matters!!
Good luck with the new purchase, I hope it provides you with safe, reliable, transportation for as long as you own it.
 :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 August 2010, 23:04:04 »

Citroen C4 Grande Picasso 1.6 hdi. 7 decent seats, quite nippy and easy 45+ in diesel. Typical of 7 seaters though, not much boot if all seats in use, actually 'not much' is an understatement.... :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 17 queries.