Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Flashed by a traffic light camera...  (Read 6325 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Flashed by a traffic light camera...
« Reply #30 on: 12 October 2010, 14:59:09 »

You're right, of course - it wouldn't be any defence in court, at all.. and generally speaking I try to drive to accommodate the people in front of me, behind me, and beside me - I've had too many close calls in my (relatively short, I suppose!) time behind the wheel to assume anyone else on the road has half a clue about how to drive  ;D

Yep, especially if "pressing on" in a slightly less "miss daisy" fashion. It's not what you do so much as the r.sole behind / in front / waiting at the next junction is about to do that's worrying.

Accordingly, If approaching lights with someone right on your tail it's probably best not to put yourself in a position where heavy braking is required.

Easy to say until you find you've done just that, of course. ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #31 on: 13 October 2010, 01:31:38 »

Nope, nobody about. Lights had been green for ages, got to a point where I couldn't stop on time if they had changed and put me foot down to make sure....ching ching...'dangle berries'!  :(
« Last Edit: 13 October 2010, 01:33:07 by chrisgixer »

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 October 2010, 09:31:38 »

Nope, nobody about. Lights had been green for ages, got to a point where I couldn't stop on time if they had changed and put me foot down to make sure....ching ching...'dangle berries'!  :(
I was once flashed by the same camera yrs ago and never heard a thing from it so lets hope you have the same good luck too
Caravaners  can only go as fast as the rest of the  other road users... so deal with it

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 October 2010, 09:34:03 »

I had same a while back, i was actually on the bike, when they changed on a 60 limit dual carriageway near Oxford, twist and go felt better option, it was red just after my front wheel crossed the white line, i never heard anything. I think they are only set to enabled a couple of seconds after the lights change

feeutfo

« Reply #34 on: 13 October 2010, 09:52:17 »

Yeah, I have been flashed several times on the bike and heard nothing in two weeks. One was so renowned for flashing everyone we used to set it off on purpose. 5 bikes 10 flashes.  ;D

But these lights where defo green, never saw an amber much less red, and I was watching them like a hawk. So it was definitely speed that tripped it....and given it's a more up to date system I don't think there is much chance it had "run out of film"...wonder if I can bribe the postman to loose the letter? Will that work? :-/.  :D

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 October 2010, 10:21:01 »

It's only an SP30, shouldn't make much (if any) difference to your insurance premium.  Yeah there's a £60 fine, not that bad really is it? 
Budget tyres, false economy.

feeutfo

« Reply #36 on: 13 October 2010, 10:54:42 »

Sp 50.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 October 2010, 11:04:29 »

.... I think they are only set to enabled a couple of seconds after the lights change

Isn't that what the amber is for?  ::)  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 October 2010, 11:11:37 »

.... I think they are only set to enabled a couple of seconds after the lights change

Isn't that what the amber is for?  ::)  :y

I mean when its changed to Red.... i've stopped before to see people go through a good few seconds after its gone Red, and not seen the camera go off  :-/

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13 October 2010, 11:12:46 »

Sp 50.

You sure? 

Reason I ask is that I got an SP30 two years ago for doing 72 in an 50.  I didn't realise it was a 50 because it was it was an unfamiliar area to me and a road diversion had led me to that dual carriageway (at night too), the previous dual carriageway I had been on was NSL.  I got pulled over by (armed!) police at a nearby slip road.  In one sense I was peeved that I got pulled when the roads were clear at night and wasn't aware about the 70>50 change, apparently due to shorter slip roads?  But I was also fairly lucky as had I been going 3mph faster it would have been a court case!

In any case, best of luck and hopefully no bad news.

feeutfo

« Reply #40 on: 13 October 2010, 11:15:55 »

Something not right there, 70 in a 30 would be a ban, so you should have had sp50 I would have thought...?
« Last Edit: 13 October 2010, 11:16:52 by chrisgixer »

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 October 2010, 11:20:26 »

The limit was 50 on this particular dual carriageway, having been diverted from a 70mph dual carriageway due to roadworks.

I never speed in 30/40 zones, especially as they're built up areas.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2010, 11:23:00 by Shimmy »

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 October 2010, 11:27:49 »

I got flashed a few years ago doing 94mph in a 70 dual carriageway,got away with an sp60 for that as it was a first(and only) offence.I had a £60 fine and 3 points which are finished now
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #43 on: 13 October 2010, 11:32:03 »

It'd be an SP30, Chris, if you do get done:

SP30      Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road      3-6
SP40      Exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit      3-6
SP50      Exceeding speed limit on a motorway      3-6

From: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/EndorsementsAndDisqualifications/DG_10022425

ISTR a lot of people were incorrectly given SP50s a few years back when they should have been given SP30s - there was an appeals procedure put in place when it was realised.. 'course now I can't find a link to back that up  ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #44 on: 13 October 2010, 11:40:31 »

Ah, ok. Was under the impression the number related to the speed limit concerned....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.