Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £20. in the tank......  (Read 2312 times)

Debs.

£20. in the tank......
« on: 09 November 2010, 17:19:23 »

....barely 15 litres. >:(

:-? Wales generally has the most expensive road fuels in the U.K.......And yet (as also for the Scots.) we have no choice but to make longer journeys on less fuel-efficient types of road. :(

« Last Edit: 09 November 2010, 17:19:59 by Debs. »

smithpa7

Re: £20. in the tank......
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2010, 17:25:02 »

I filled up the Omega and the BMW yesterday. £143 in total :'( >:( >:(
At least the car tax seems to have stayed the same. I have just received my reminder and it is £205.

Thankfully I can walk to my new place of work. So the Omega will only be doing 4-5K per year, plus if I use my car for work I receive 53p per mile :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2010, 17:25:38 »

:( :( :(
I like red cars

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2010, 17:27:18 »

I made the mistake of paying at the pump the other day, only to realise that it limited me to £59 each time - so I had to do it twice to fill the tank, standing in the freezing cold.. I'd have been better off paying in the kiosk ;D

:-? Wales generally has the most expensive road fuels in the U.K.......And yet (as also for the Scots.) we have no choice but to make longer journeys on less fuel-efficient types of road. :(

Yes, but your roads are much, much more fun to drive on than a motorway (apart from all the pikey palaces slowing everything down).. so it's all fair in the end  :P :P

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2010, 17:42:16 »

A5 , A55,  A483

no worse than down here as roads....   

and with a LOT less traffic on them getting in the way, it probably evens out....

(says someone who previously lived in Colwyn Bay, and on Anglesey, and down the end of the Lleyn )

seriously....   getting from home to work in rush hour when i lived there meant i could count the cars using more than one hand.... 

now, i couldn't even begin to count them,.

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2010, 17:47:24 »

Yes, but your roads are much, much more fun to drive on than a motorway (apart from all the pikey palaces slowing everything down).. so it's all fair in the end  :P :P

You forgot about the tractors, the coaches full of coffin-dodgers and the rain, and the mad locals in pickup trucks. >:(

I'd love nothing more than to enjoy a drive in Wales but it has so far eluded me apart from one trip back from Aberystwyth when fate was cruel to me and dealt me a knackered Rover 214 with a slow puncture.

I must have diverted through Wales dozens of times in the Westfield when going up north or getting the ferry from Anglesey, hoping for an enjoyable drive. Every time I just get earache from Mrs. KW for taking me somewhere wet and miserable.  ;D

I have the opportunity to spend a long weekend there touring with a group of kit cars in the spring. Not sure how I'm going to choose yet. I suspect if I go it'll be alone. ;D

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2010, 17:52:48 »

You forgot about the tractors, the coaches full of coffin-dodgers and the rain, and the mad locals in pickup trucks. >:(

I'd love nothing more than to enjoy a drive in Wales but it has so far eluded me apart from one trip back from Aberystwyth when fate was cruel to me and dealt me a knackered Rover 214 with a slow puncture.

I must have diverted through Wales dozens of times in the Westfield when going up north or getting the ferry from Anglesey, hoping for an enjoyable drive. Every time I just get earache from Mrs. KW for taking me somewhere wet and miserable.  ;D

I have the opportunity to spend a long weekend there touring with a group of kit cars in the spring. Not sure how I'm going to choose yet. I suspect if I go it'll be alone. ;D

Kevin

No need for this Kevin - just pick me up on your way through our fair land! :y
 ;D ;D ;D
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2010, 18:14:46 »

;D That is largely true, mind.. the journey back from Anglesey last time included the A5 - which for a large section is the most abominable road I've ever driven - two mile (or less) sections of road punctuated by roundabouts with few overtaking opportunities and one long tailback, bah!  I'd rather use the A55 next time, at least that has mostly dual carriageway to get past the slow folks :)

Having said that, the EVO triangle was a great section of road on which we were lucky to find very little traffic (and what traffic there was scarpered to the side and let us past ;D ) - although it was a touch hairy trying to keep up with the 911 C2S up there  :o

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 09 November 2010, 18:19:43 »

As someone else already hinted at - in or around the big cities, and anywhere near London in particular, the roads may be wider and straighter, but a lot of time is spent on them stood still in nose to tail traffic. Colchester is reported to be one of the most congested towns in the country (its appalling at peak times ) and the A12 London bound - even in North  Essex - bears more resemblence to a car park than a main trunk road at 7.30am. Don know about prices around the country but petrol is around 120 ppl here at the moment. LPG around 66pp. :(l

waspy

« Reply #9 on: 09 November 2010, 18:28:29 »

At least the car tax seems to have stayed the same. I have just received my reminder and it is £205.

Thankfully I can walk to my new place of work. So the Omega will only be doing 4-5K per year, plus if I use my car for work I receive 53p per mile :y

Just to make you feel better, around £120 of that will be tax :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 November 2010, 18:33:50 »

When petrol spiked a couple of years back, Asda's £95 limit wasn't enough to do my twice weekly fill  :'(
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #11 on: 09 November 2010, 18:39:33 »

Im afraid my next car is going to have to be a small (corsa size) diseasel. Im trying to put it off as long as I can, but its looming ever closer. :'( :'( :'(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 November 2010, 19:03:09 »

No need for this Kevin - just pick me up on your way through our fair land! :y
 ;D ;D ;D

Ahh! Local knowledge. Might be a plan. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 November 2010, 20:54:09 »

At least the car tax seems to have stayed the same. I have just received my reminder and it is £205.Thankfully I can walk to my new place of work. So the Omega will only be doing 4-5K per year, plus if I use my car for work I receive 53p per mile :y
Why was mine £245?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 November 2010, 20:57:10 »

Just to make you feel better, around £120 of that will be tax :'(

and rising in jan due to vat and fuel duty increase. :(
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.