Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: dissapointing oofers service  (Read 10635 times)

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
Re: dissapointing oofers service
« Reply #60 on: 12 December 2010, 18:38:41 »

Pete is a very busy chap at the moment, as everyone has said.
I've never had any work done by him on my cars, but have met him a couple of times and found him to be a very helpful & nice bloke.

He did bring down to me some bits for my mig a few days ago, he didn't really have time to with being so busy, but as I couldn't get up to him to collect them and there wasn't time to organise an alternative, he give up his time to bring the parts down to me, despite him probably not wanting to with not having much time to personally.

From meeting the chap and hearing of others speak of him, I doubt he's avoiding you on purpose.  I'm sure he'll get back to you in time, but you have to be fair for a response time.

Your comments were a fair enough point to make in general, but perhaps you should of left the person’s name out of the thread until you had given them a fair enough time to get back to you.  And a way of getting the problem resolved before posting the name, which may have caused a bit of ill feeling.

Understandably you aren't very happy with the issues that you're having, but perhaps on hindsight it is best to ask others on here what could be the problem and if anyone could suggest a reason for it happening, or some help to fix it.

Unfortunately you can have over a 1000 good feedback reports, but it can take just one bad one to wreck all the hard work someone puts in to try and gain a good reputation.

After the amount of comments having been made up to now, I think it would only be fair for people to wait and see what Pete reply to this would be?.

As when he comes across this, I'm sure he'll be surprised and a little taken back that he now feels that he has to reply to this publicly in order to resolve what should have initially been a private issue between two people on here.

Hopefully this will have a happy ending for both parties and no lasting bad feelings?.
well said :y

mr ICE man

• Intermediate Member
  • dolgellau wales
  • if it aint broke try and fix it
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12 December 2010, 18:47:08 »

Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Peres name.I was very happy with his work and tbh I like the guy.just had bad service this time,I did get problem sorted out just hoped Peter would be a little more helpfull.as said I do not want to ruin his reputation,simply say I wasn't happy and has it happened to others.I am not a nasty person and don't wish to give Peter cause to feel hurt.simply put I would have expected him,given his rep to have said bring it up and I'll at least look and arrange to sort it in the future.but I fealt he was just not interested.if I'm wrong I put my tail between my legs and walk away.Im not expecting a garauntee for the work just for the work to last longer than it did,I don't think that's too much to ask!
scream if you want to go faster!!!

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12 December 2010, 18:50:02 »

Think this needs to be put on the back boiler now and await a response from Pete either publicly or through the PM system :-X
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

vauxfan2k

• Omega Knight
  • Western Isles
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 12 December 2010, 18:52:03 »

please can an admin just lock this, + copy the original post to pete.  a public explaination is not required, so pointless to add more replies.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12 December 2010, 19:01:49 »

please can an admin just lock this, + copy the original post to pete.  a public explaination is not required, so pointless to add more replies.

Admins are watching this thread very closely. We feel that it is worth keeping open, not least so EP can respond if he wants to publically (he may decide to do so privately).
Grumpy old man

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 12 December 2010, 19:32:51 »

no should be allowed to run else it will look like admin are takeing sides.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 12 December 2010, 19:44:30 »

As already said, thread is being closely monitored by the Admin team. 

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 12 December 2010, 21:01:40 »

think we are all missing some thing here...after several month and 8000 miles the op is complaining...8000 miles is a lot.. :y
« Last Edit: 12 December 2010, 21:02:52 by the_alarming_man »
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 12 December 2010, 21:07:13 »

Does this mean we can do what we want in other parts of the forum  ;D ;D ::) :y

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 12 December 2010, 21:14:25 »

Why is it pointless to add more replies? I think you owe us a public explanation.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2010, 21:16:13 by Bent_Valve »

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 12 December 2010, 21:16:26 »

Does this mean we can do what we want in other parts of the forum  ;D ;D ::) :y
[/highlight]

You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?
Well do ya Punk?!  ;D ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 12 December 2010, 21:22:07 »

It does sound like Mr ICEMAN did try to contact Elite Pete, and felt the response wasn't ideal. It sounds like another OOFer has looked at it, and noticed some problems, as yet ascertained whether with original work, or unrelated.

So, IMHO, he shouldn't be slated for starting this thread (assuming he gave EP time to respond, and understood he may have other priorities - it was done at a better price than any business could have).

I don't think anyone should be discouraged from talking about poor workmanship, mistakes etc - nobody is perfect, and occasionally something does go wrong.

Certainly 3 of the people on here who do Omega work - Darth Loo-knee, Elite Pete and Welung666 do seem to have a good reputation. I have not seen Elite Pete's or Welung666's work so cannot personally comment, and only go by the feedback we see about it. So I am equally interested in people's experience, good or bad, of those members, as they do use the forum as a free marketting tool.  I will include car traders, such as JoshWyatt in that.  I should include myself, as I obviously sell tech2 work.

tb would it be possible to have a sticky somewhere with a list of members that offer services  what they do and area covered  this would certainly help us newer members if we need work done  if this already exists ignore and i will carry on being a div :y
I personally think that could be a minefield

you aint kidding!! and dont forget theis is a public forum, the tax man does watch! its far better to do any jobs as mates rather than advertise mechanical services!! :y
  yes so true  didnt think of the bigger picture :y

Omega_Dan

« Reply #72 on: 13 December 2010, 09:03:02 »

Pete is busy at the moment and with the time of year again as everyone says 'who isn't?

Pete fitted a new cambelt kit on the 13th October (approx 900 miles ago) and the belt has been squeaking. I have kept in contact with him and he has advised me to cover some more miles in it as sometimes the new film on the belt can squeak when fitted. 2 months later and 900 miles its still squeaking so i called pete again to advise him of this and with no hesitation he has offered to come out and take a look for me after christmas which is great. if the problem sorts itself then ill let him know but the offer to travel to me and the value of his time is greatly appreciated.

This is why i have advised him of future work i want doing in the new year.

Pete is busy at present and god knows i am. It did take me a few attempts to get in touch but so what?

He called me back, had a good catch up and sorted the issue for a few weeks time.

Working with each other in these instances is key imho.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 13 December 2010, 10:37:16 »

Mr Ice Man, i'm sorry you feel dissapointed with my work, this is the first bit of criticism i've received after doing many repairs for many happy forum members. I'm a little dissapointed that you say I haven't taken responsibility. You sent me a pm on the Saturday to say you think your camcover gaskets are leaking and could I do your crankshaft oil seal to which I replied, I am busy for the next week and I dont have the tool to lock the crank but I will ask a member of the forum if I could loan theres, I did also put that if I had fitted the cam cover gasket incorrectly they would have leaked straight away. The next PM I had off you said you had someone to look at on the Thursday of that week and that was the last I heard until I received a number of phone calls on Saturday night to say you posted this thread, unfortunately, i've been away until this morning so I haven't been able to reply until now. I would like to thank the people who called on Saturday to warn me of this thread and those that have posted positively in there responses :-*
Retired

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 13 December 2010, 11:39:31 »

At last, the other side of the story  :y
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.