Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Baby written off  (Read 5470 times)

FoxyV6

Re: My Baby written off
« Reply #30 on: 26 January 2011, 19:04:24 »

crash damage on car, excuse the odd angle i thought id get more of the damage in ::)

SJKOO01

« Reply #31 on: 26 January 2011, 19:16:14 »

Foxy,

While your feeling sore and bruised at the moment.  What with feeling a little tearful of your car, the good news is that you got out in one piece and able see another sunrise/sunset.

Scary experience I can understand, but like you said no-one else got hurt, so take a big breath and smile that you get to buy another Mig sometime, and sure you'll get it looking nice again.

Plenty of people on here I'm sure will be willing to help you out.

Get well soon.

:y

FoxyV6

« Reply #32 on: 26 January 2011, 20:55:52 »

thank you thats kind of you to say :). im gutted to say the least as i say she was my pride and joy, but the damage is bad and it would cost more than the cars worth to repair. I probably wont get another Omega for a while to be honest, the decent ones are still quite expensive to insure and run. i need something to nip around in for now that isnt quite so big an engine. I'll have another im sure just not right now with the pittance ive got to spend lol

SJKOO01

« Reply #33 on: 26 January 2011, 20:59:36 »

thank you thats kind of you to say :). im gutted to say the least as i say she was my pride and joy, but the damage is bad and it would cost more than the cars worth to repair. I probably wont get another Omega for a while to be honest, the decent ones are still quite expensive to insure and run. i need something to nip around in for now that isnt quite so big an engine. I'll have another im sure just not right now with the pittance ive got to spend lol

All good things come to those that wait  :) :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 January 2011, 00:59:54 »

Oh come on, get real, there is clearly something not right with this post!!

albitz

« Reply #35 on: 27 January 2011, 06:59:01 »

mmmm! :-/ :-/ :-/

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 January 2011, 08:32:17 »

Sorry to hear about that.

Question though; if it was locked into reverse, why is the damage to the front of the car?

it was going backwards to begin with, in a circle, i never touched the auto box at all, as i say im guessing all i know is i HAD been reversing and put the car into park, the engine screamed very loudly and the car shot backwards (i hadnt touched the accelerator either)
Once it had hit my neighbours car, it pushed it back and my car went backwards into a wall on the opposite side of the road, then shot forward again and hit the wall front ways.
i never touched the box once, but did try to brake and this didnt seem to help. the police officer told me it was a good job he wasnt pulling ME out of the car.
i know everyone wants to work out what happened to my car but can you please give it a rest, its upsetting enough going over it again
Think Vamps is referring to this. ;)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Debs.

« Reply #37 on: 27 January 2011, 10:13:42 »

Running into that towball has made a nasty mess of that bumper! :o

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 January 2011, 10:20:38 »

Snap  :-? :-? :-?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 January 2011, 10:27:36 »

Running into that towball has made a nasty mess of that bumper! :o
No mention anywhere in this thread about a towball :-?.
Not doubting anything but if it was "locked in reverse" can`t for the life of me understand why the box would suddenly drop into forward gear & hit a wall :-? (Possibly an automatic change) ::)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Debs.

« Reply #40 on: 27 January 2011, 10:57:16 »

No mention anywhere in this thread about a towball

"Fazakerley!"  :-X

FoxyV6

« Reply #41 on: 27 January 2011, 11:25:57 »

right for all the absolute unbelievable nasty minded <admin edit> on this forum, the accelerator cable has been found to have been stuck on. sorry for not clearing that up with you all when i found out yesterday, i cannot believe the people on this forum, nit picking every little thing when id just been in a very frightening crash, as i said above i was only guessing till i found out yesterday. UNBELIEVABLE you lot who are sitting there with NOTHING better to do than criticise and make inuendos about what happened can just <admin edit> off. YOU werent there. no doubt you'll all jump on this post now but before you do just remember one thing, IM ok so try not to worry too much .

Im sorry i will not be coming back to this forum after the comments made above.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2011, 11:44:34 by Kevin_Wood »

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 January 2011, 11:26:06 »

I read this and thought the same .... from Park it went backwards then forwards with engine screaming  :o :o
This should be looked at by some kind of expert to see why its done this ...Is there a seriuos fault with our cars electronics that makes it drive itself  :-/  .. Surely some kind of safety issue here  :o .
At least there were no serious injuries and i hope you recover quickly  :y
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 January 2011, 11:43:56 »

right for all the absolute unbelievable nasty minded .....

I don't believe anybody was being nasty, just pointing out the obvious discrepancy between your description of events and the damage to the car. I'm sure we're all sorry that you've clearly been through a traumatic accident and lost your car and wish you luck in your search for a replacement. :y

This should be looked at by some kind of expert to see why its done this ...Is there a seriuos fault with our cars electronics that makes it drive itself

We can rest assured that the selection of reverse / forward gears is 100% mechanical / hydraulic through the position of the gear selector. Electronics only come into it when shifting automatically in "D".

Kevin
« Last Edit: 27 January 2011, 11:45:08 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 January 2011, 11:50:49 »

right for all the absolute unbelievable nasty minded .....

I don't believe anybody was being nasty, just pointing out the obvious discrepancy between your description of events and the damage to the car. I'm sure we're all sorry that you've clearly been through a traumatic accident and lost your car and wish you luck in your search for a replacement. :y

This should be looked at by some kind of expert to see why its done this ...Is there a seriuos fault with our cars electronics that makes it drive itself

We can rest assured that the selection of reverse / forward gears is 100% mechanical / hydraulic through the position of the gear selector. Electronics only come into it when shifting automatically in "D".

Kevin

Surely though , however the gears work , if the car can suddenly drive forwards and backwards itself while in Park this should be investigated .
Im not for one minute doubting what Foxy said happened but this has to be a safely issue if the car can decide to drive its self .
Quite worrying really  :-/
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.