Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: About £350 on brakes in 12 months  (Read 2138 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: About £350 on brakes in 12 months
« Reply #30 on: 01 March 2011, 21:02:03 »

Thinking about it, I've done 70k in my car. The brakes were fairly well worn when I bought it (possibly original, at 40k) and I have changed the front pads and disks once, the rear pads and disks once, and it might have had an additional set of front pads. I can't remember. Oh, and a fluid change or two, of course.

Kevin

Changed my discs as there were tiny cracks in the old ones and they were 4 years old and quite worn.

I remember being told new discs for every 3 or 4 pad sets

Every other pad set seems about average for me. Modern pads give the disks a harder life.
Kevin
As does driving like a idiot ::)

I normally get 3 - 4 sets of pads from discs, but then I tend to change the pads once about half worn.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 March 2011, 21:03:19 »

thingy ::)
Tripped over my own word censor, rather thing  >:( ;D
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 March 2011, 21:03:34 »

Thinking about it, I've done 70k in my car. The brakes were fairly well worn when I bought it (possibly original, at 40k) and I have changed the front pads and disks once, the rear pads and disks once, and it might have had an additional set of front pads. I can't remember. Oh, and a fluid change or two, of course.

Kevin

Changed my discs as there were tiny cracks in the old ones and they were 4 years old and quite worn.

Every other pad set seems about average for me. Modern pads give the disks a harder life.
Kevin
As does driving like a thingy ::)

I normally get 3 - 4 sets of pads from discs, but then I tend to change the pads once about half worn.

Must admit, I was surprised how much wear there is on my discs as they are only 6 months old ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #33 on: 01 March 2011, 21:06:24 »

Kevin

Kevin

Send them to me. :y ;D ;D.............I change mine when the old fashioned audible warning sensor tells me they are worn out. ::) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 March 2011, 21:09:29 »

Kevin

Kevin

Send them to me. :y ;D ;D.............I change mine when the old fashioned audible warning sensor tells me they are worn out. ::) ;D
You are welcome to them, but the reason I change them is I've invariably knackered them - once they get about half worn, they seem to regularly cook far too easily...
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #35 on: 01 March 2011, 21:16:05 »

A quick rub with an old rasp, they,ll be good as new. :y :D ;D ;D

you could list them on the bay of fleas. Ive seen worse things on there - like used cambelts. ::) ;D
« Last Edit: 01 March 2011, 21:17:02 by albitz »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.