Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: why does my auto have traction control?  (Read 2910 times)

Martian

Re: why does my auto have traction control?
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2011, 20:09:56 »

No it wont.
The radiotherapy must be frying my brain as well as my ar**

Both yourself & Tony are correct that sport mode won't make a difference as the OP held the box in D1 to start with.

/me slinks off to the corner rather embarrased  :-X

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2011, 20:13:24 »

No it wont.

Both yourself & Tony are correct that sport mode won't make a difference as the OP held the box in D1 to start with.

Martian slinks off to the corner rather embarrased  :-X

;D  Dont worry, my brain doesn't work half the time.

Sports Mode will not affect acceleration whatsoever, provided the foot is firmly planted into the shagpile. (Straight Line, from standing).  :y
« Last Edit: 25 May 2011, 20:13:52 by Broomies_Mate »
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2011, 20:15:02 »

I suspect you have very good tires Mr Carl!   ...

Correct!

My car will rarely lose traction in the dry, I have TB's favourite Michelins on my car.  ;)

PS We fit TYRES on this side of the Atlantic  ::)

My Mother is American.  I blame her for my inability to use the English language!  8-)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2011, 20:17:12 »

My Mother is American.  I blame her for my inability to use the English language!  8-)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Martian

« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2011, 20:28:30 »

No it wont.

Sports Mode will not affect acceleration whatsoever, provided the foot is firmly planted into the shagpile. (Straight Line, from standing).  :y
I've already "performance tested" our MIG and know full well that the only thing sport mode does is to make the box hang itself out to the redline before changing up a cog, so god knows why I wrote that crap on page 1  :D

Maybe it's time for a drink or a jamaican woodbine (as unofficially recommended by St Luke's) to help me think straight  ;D ;D

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 May 2011, 20:31:10 »

Dont beat yourself up about it Martian (and pass that woodbine this way)  8-)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 May 2011, 20:37:44 »

No it wont.

I've already "performance tested" our MIG and know full well that the only thing sport mode does is to make the box hang itself out to the redline before changing up a cog, so god knows why I wrote that crap on page 1  :D

With or without the 'S' pressed, it will change gear at exactly the same RPM when the peddle is to the floor  :y

Martian

« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2011, 20:42:10 »

With or without the 'S' pressed, it will change gear at exactly the same RPM when the peddle is to the floor  :y
Maybe there is something wrong with our's then, because it won't hang out to the redline in normal mode when I push the loud pedal.
I have driven various auto's over the last 30 years and the "feel" of our box gives me no concerns whatsoever where gear changing is concerned, in fact it is one of the smoothest boxes I have ever encountered that does exactly what I expect it to, at the time I expect it to do it (if you know what I mean).
« Last Edit: 25 May 2011, 20:42:38 by Martian »

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2011, 20:43:14 »

'Peddle', BM?  ;D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2011, 20:46:38 »

Maybe there is something wrong with our's then, because it won't hang out to the redline in normal mode when I push the loud pedal.
I have driven various auto's over the last 30 years and the "feel" of our box gives me no concerns whatsoever where gear changing is concerned, in fact it is one of the smoothest boxes I have ever encountered that does exactly what I expect it to, at the time I expect it to do it (if you know what I mean).

Yours is a 2.5, which will have an AR25.  It *should* make no difference whether in Sports Mode or not.  After driving other Vx's with auto Transmissions (namely Astra G's, MkIII Cavaliers etc) the 'S' button does hang onto the gears longer if memory serves me correctly.

peddle, BM?

Oh Shush!  Stella is in the house!  ;D
« Last Edit: 25 May 2011, 20:47:00 by Broomies_Mate »

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 May 2011, 21:14:14 »

The autos do tend to grip well from a standing start in the dry... Why not build the revs up in neutral and then pop it into D?

T.C. is for p@ssys.

Martian

« Reply #26 on: 25 May 2011, 21:17:28 »

You're less than an hour from me, feel free to pop round  ;)

Seriously though, I declared I was smoking the herb when my chemo started as I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be a reaction between the THC and whatever was in the chemo bag.
The official reply was "we can't condone that, but there is no cause for concern from a reaction point of view"

The "unofficial" response was "smoke as much as you can between now and surgery"
I can see the reasoning behind the unofficial response because I'm not a big man to start with (circa 60KG), and at my first weigh in when treatment started I was tipping the scales at a paltry 47KG.
Since partaking in the herb, I have been averaging a 1.5KG advantage per week thanks to the munchie attack it brings on (which is bloody good going for me), so at least the surgeon will have something to work with when I'm on his table in a couple of months or so.

I'm not an angel by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like to abide by the laws of the land as best I can and I do despise people that don't abide by some laws (eg, drugs).
The irony for me is that I am doing something I despise in order to improve my chances of survival.

Hypocritical I know, but self preservation seems to be the daddy right now.

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 May 2011, 21:30:10 »

I declared I was smoking the herb...
The irony for me is that I am doing something I despise in order to improve my chances of survival.

I'd assumed that cannabis just helped with the pain?

Also, although I don't know you or anything, I'd like to offer all my best wishes for your upcoming operation.
 :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2011, 22:42:11 »

The autos do tend to grip well from a standing start in the dry... Why not build the revs up in neutral and then pop it into D?

T.C. is for p@ssys.

I wouldn't advise that... It's asking for something to break ::) ;)

As for spinning the wheels... You either have extremely good rubber, aren't doing it right or the engine is down on power... Both my V6's will happily spin up the rear wheels in all conditions ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 May 2011, 22:56:22 »

You're less than an hour from me, feel free to pop round  ;)

Seriously though, I declared I was smoking the herb when my chemo started as I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be a reaction between the THC and whatever was in the chemo bag.
The official reply was "we can't condone that, but there is no cause for concern from a reaction point of view"

The "unofficial" response was "smoke as much as you can between now and surgery"
I can see the reasoning behind the unofficial response because I'm not a big man to start with (circa 60KG), and at my first weigh in when treatment started I was tipping the scales at a paltry 47KG.
Since partaking in the herb, I have been averaging a 1.5KG advantage per week thanks to the munchie attack it brings on (which is bloody good going for me), so at least the surgeon will have something to work with when I'm on his table in a couple of months or so.

I'm not an angel by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like to abide by the laws of the land as best I can and I do despise people that don't abide by some laws (eg, drugs).

Hypocritical I know, but self preservation seems to be the daddy right now.

Sincerely wish you all the very best mate - hope the outcome is entirely positive post-op.
And when you're up on your feet again and feeling better, I may well take you up on your kind offer.... ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.