Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: which polisher ?  (Read 3556 times)

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
Re: which polisher ?
« Reply #30 on: 21 June 2011, 02:36:57 »

Havent heard of the Daz 6 before.Any info on it or where I can get one from please ?  :-/

Sorry mate,
Its the Kestrel da that you have been looking at the full title is Kestrel DAS-6 polisher.  Not a daz i'm a tool.  I got mine from claen your car as they have a points system that at the time i thought was a good idea as once you start you can end up spending loads and i knew i was going to get more stuff plus they were the cheapist around for a full kit which is what i was after at the time.  The points work that what ever you spend you collect points which is worth money off your next order or you can collect them up and spend when you want.  I have found that some places are cheaper than other for things that i'm after so i tend to look around for a long time before i purcahse and get the best deal for me so not used them for a long while.  Defo check out the detailing world web site its full of info maybe to much some times its like overload  ;D ;D.  Been thinking for a while about starting up a part time detailing business to fit in around my full time job but upto now thats all its been alot of thinking. ;D ;D
Hope this is of some help Albs.
Lee. :y :y

albitz

« Reply #31 on: 21 June 2011, 09:17:14 »

A lot of help mate, thanks. :y

albitz

« Reply #32 on: 28 June 2011, 23:25:14 »

Just been doing a bit of research on the Kestrel DAS 6. Im a bit concerned by the fact that the speed range is from 2500 - 6500.
Seems very fast - easy to burn through paint at that speed I would imagine. A lot of the others seem to have a range which drops down into the hundreds, or even starts from zero. :-/

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 June 2011, 23:30:03 »

Albs, you need to come and see my car! I've just finished detailing it, and I can't believe how good it looks!!  ;D :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

albitz

« Reply #34 on: 28 June 2011, 23:32:08 »

Did you use a DA/polisher ?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 June 2011, 23:36:23 »

Thinking of buying a polishing machine. Not the Halfords cheapo type, but a proper jobby to mop paintwork with G3 etc. Dont have hundreds to spend, and dont know much about them so would welcome any advice on the subject. :y

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 June 2011, 23:38:31 »

I've just bought this one Albs, it comes with 3 different hardness foam polishing heads & a lambswool polishing bonnet. It also has a LIFETIME guarantee even though it says 3 yrs in the blurb. They are obviously built to a price (isn't everything these days  ::) ) but it is a UK Company & the unit does the job well. This model has the 'soft start' option so no jolts when you start it on the panel being worked on  :y

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380220428429&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Are you going to use it one day?............ :D :D :D

albitz

« Reply #37 on: 28 June 2011, 23:46:31 »

Thinking of buying a polishing machine. Not the Halfords cheapo type, but a proper jobby to mop paintwork with G3 etc. Dont have hundreds to spend, and dont know much about them so would welcome any advice on the subject. :y

You havent seen the car its intended for - an idiot with an aerosol can do a lot of damage in a short time. ::) ;D

dragonlord

• Intermediate Member
  • luton
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 June 2011, 01:49:04 »

as no opne mentioned it

if you going to start machine polishing and compunding a car have a pratice on a old panel from the scrapys first

and foor fook sake watch the pain edges if you not done it before and the pain is thin on panal edges and your will burn strait throw to the metel

compounding a car is not some thing you do reguraly

or your need a respray prity soon it for getting a show finsh or reparing paint work or renovating/restoring  the paint work

or getting out the odd minor scratch/ mark out

I wouldn't want to be moping a whole car more that 2 to 3 times in its life time max

every time your doing it your cutting paint

albitz

« Reply #39 on: 29 June 2011, 04:47:45 »

Sage advice, thanks. :y

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 June 2011, 08:29:30 »

Wimin are good at polishing apparently ;D ;D ;D ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #41 on: 29 June 2011, 09:33:33 »

just an experience.. as the clit's paint is finished and dried upto now.. decided to sand its orange peel surface on hood with 2000 grid..

no way.. ;D ;D

this scratch resistent laquer is so effective that 2000 even dont touch ;D

continued with 1500 .. very hard work.. and the most funny part, polisher machine effects nearly 0.. :o

after 5-6 hours (2.5, 3 hrs wet sanding, 3 hrs polishing) I now have a half shiny hood :(

normally within that time I could finish at least 3-4 parts perfectly..

« Last Edit: 29 June 2011, 09:37:19 by cem_devecioglu »

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03 July 2011, 06:29:36 »

From what i have seen and from stuff i have done on my own car its harder than you think to burn though the paint with a d.a.  You do have to watch the edges.  Have a look on you tube or the adams detailing website they a have a few videos on there and take you though step by step. :y  Good advice to get hold of a scrap panel if you want to get some practice before hand.  You could alway try and burn though the paint on a scrap panel and then you could see how hard/easy it is to burn just an idea. :y  If you look on the for sale section on detailing world i think there is a guy selling a das 6 polisher.

albitz

« Reply #43 on: 03 July 2011, 18:01:51 »

Thanks for all the advice etc. everyone. I have an Omega drivers door sat outside that I can practice on.
After a lot of searching and head scratching, I decide to go for the one which Philrich recommended - the silverline. It will do me for a while at least (its only £50 including several pads) and if I get the detailing bug, I can upgrade to something more professional a bit later. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03 July 2011, 18:05:28 »

Thanks for all the advice etc. everyone. I have a whole Omega sat outside that I can practice on.
After a lot of searching and head scratching, I decide to go for the one which Philrich recommended - the silverline. It will do me for a while at least (its only £50 including several pads) and if I get the detailing bug, I can upgrade to something more professional a bit later. :y

Fixed that for you ;) ;D :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.