Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi ram removal, rip it out...leave it alone....  (Read 7704 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: multi ram removal, rip it out...leave it alone....
« Reply #105 on: 01 July 2011, 23:36:15 »

Just to let you know the 'modified' dyno graph is the 3.0 and the 'standard' is from a 3.2........

Which there's actually pretty much nothing between... Certainly on the road ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #106 on: 02 July 2011, 08:20:31 »

Just extend the ram air pipes already attached to them. Flexi hoses running out to the front to catch plenty of cold air. ;)
Would imagine a set of gixer750 bodies might be a bit small for a 3.2 v6 ?
Also, not sure about the newer models but the earlier ones had a dual butterfly setup per pot. Throttle, then under that a second to try and smooth the incredibly snatchy pick up from zero throttle. Which on a bike, cranked over, ESP in the wet, is NOT what you want. It was still impossible to feed the power in smoothly, and Suzuki sold their admission that they couldnt tune it out as a revelation.  >:(

Anyway, I doubt the complication of a second butterfly would be helpful. As it's not an issue on a car with a better map anyway (it couldn't be any worse than suzukis)  >:( I'd choose another set from a maker that knows what they're doing. Unless the newer ones where sorted...?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 02 July 2011, 09:45:12 »

Just to let you know the 'modified' dyno graph is the 3.0 and the 'standard' is from a 3.2........

In standard form, there is little between the 3.0 and 3.2
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 04 July 2011, 11:45:22 »

Anyway, I doubt the complication of a second butterfly would be helpful. As it's not an issue on a car with a better map anyway (it couldn't be any worse than suzukis)  >:( I'd choose another set from a maker that knows what they're doing. Unless the newer ones where sorted...?

You can just ditch the second butterfly and seal the holes where the shaft was.

Perhaps this is the reason they are so readily available? Lots of bikers ditching them and fitting carbs?

Another problem is the take-off for the MAP sensor is far too close to the throttles, IIRC, and gives a very poor "all or nothing" signal so that may have been part of the problem with the original application?

Sample the MAP from further into the intake and they work nicely, by all accounts.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2011, 11:45:59 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #109 on: 04 July 2011, 12:47:47 »

You can just ditch the second butterfly and seal the holes where the shaft was.

Perhaps this is the reason they are so readily available? Lots of bikers ditching them and fitting carbs?

Another problem is the take-off for the MAP sensor is far too close to the throttles, IIRC, and gives a very poor "all or nothing" signal so that may have been part of the problem with the original application?

Sample the MAP from further into the intake and they work nicely, by all accounts.
May well be. There wasn't a solution available at the time and the bike is long gone now thank god. As I recall it was an inherent problem in early days of fuel injection on bikes. But Suzuki suffered especially badly.

Just couldn't feed the power in smoothly. Being sooo careful with opening the throttle, everyone else had buggered off and the apex was long gone by the time it was on the power safely. Some just went "bang" and wacked the throttle open regardless. I rode other gsxr 1000's which all felt the same to me around that year 00/01... and later 02/03 models.

Current 04 fireblade has no such issue btw.  :y

I'd be interested to see how this lot would fit in the v though?
« Last Edit: 04 July 2011, 13:02:36 by chrisgixer »

feeutfo

« Reply #110 on: 04 July 2011, 13:00:05 »

Hmmm, that's a shame. Was hoping these would work but they appear to be cast in pairs. http://www.roadracingworld.com/enlarge/?section=news&image=709

Although not sure if variable inlet length is so important on a low revving engine anyway?

mr carl

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 04 July 2011, 13:07:13 »

Hmmm, that's a shame. Was hoping these would work but they appear to be cast in pairs. http://www.roadracingworld.com/enlarge/?section=news&image=709

Although not sure if variable inlet length is so important on a low revving engine anyway?

Sweet but with 6 pots wouldn't it be easier to buy single throttle bodies?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 04 July 2011, 15:05:51 »

It is, but they're probably about a foot too short, as a result of the reduced RPM. Nice, though. :-*
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.