Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which tyre supplier?  (Read 3019 times)

albitz

Re: Which tyre supplier?
« Reply #30 on: 21 July 2011, 12:52:13 »

This all reminds me - my rears are perilously close to being illegal.
Time to look for a pair of preowned tyres with lots of tread.Willing to pay up to £50 for a really good pair. :y :D ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 21 July 2011, 13:08:19 »

Interestingly, I had a look too, but landed on kumhotyre.co.uk and only the KU31 is listed, suggesting it's not aimed at the UK (or, of course, that they don't keep their Uk web site updated).

Lots of the UK website seems to be broken - the tyre selector gives you a 404 occasionally depending on how you access it, some left hand menu items are dead etc.. so yeah, I think the UK site is just 'abandoned' :-/

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 July 2011, 13:24:12 »

Just gave them a quick call Chris,  Kumho KU39 245/40/18's fitted at £120/corner. Mytyres are asking £143  :o 
Ooh nice one, thankyou.  :y

And a significant saving on my current sc3's, which are great, but wearing a little too quick for the money. Although grip level is impressive obviously.
Although ku39... Is that a typo?

No its not a typo, see link below. The guy said they were the later & better version of the 31. If you phone by 10am they can get them same day, after 10am its next day.

Kumho KU39 - http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=7728981.110.22343&typ=R-178633&ranzahl=4&Breite=245&Herst=Kumho&Quer=40&Felge=18&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110   :y :y

A bit of reading around seems to indicated the KU39 isn't a replacement to the KU31 but rather a similar tyre "aimed at European tastes" (literally their words from the press release)..

Other than that they seem very similar, but given the tread patterns I suspect the KU39 is designed to be better in wet conditions - and it specifically mentions "low noise" which might prove Mr PickyGixer..

Annoyingly I can't find the wear ratings on their website which would give an idea of actual grip levels.

KU31 - http://www.kumhotire.com/tire/tire_detail.jsp?prdt_id=16
KU39 - http://www.kumhotire.com/tire/tire_detail.jsp?prdt_id=207

(KU31 is available in more sizes too)

Done a bit of digging for the wear rate, it looks like these have a softer compound (utqg) and fit between the SPT (ku31) and XS ranges and replaces the old MX tyre

Racing
ku36 ecsta XS utqg 180

Road
ku31 ecsta SPT utqg 320

ku39 ecsta LE sport utqg 280

ku15 ecsta MX utqg 220

So, a bit softer than the KU31 :y
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

aaronjb

« Reply #33 on: 21 July 2011, 13:26:00 »

Good to know  :y Well done on finding that :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 July 2011, 17:53:34 »

Exceptionally quiet tyre.  :-/
But you need some noise to drown out the his from the gay hardon kardon blue-LED'd gay thing
Grumpy old man

surj

• birmingham
    • omega mv6 3.2 v6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 July 2011, 18:09:22 »

i got my tyres from black circles. co.uk , saved a packet with these guys . i bought 4 brand new michelin primacys from them . had them delivered and got them fitted at my local tyre garage

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 July 2011, 18:32:07 »

i got my tyres from black circles. co.uk , saved a packet with these guys . i bought 4 brand new michelin primacys from them . had them delivered and got them fitted at my local tyre garage
Oh dear ;D

blackcircles are normally one of the benchmarks for online places (even if the backstreet fitters they use seem to be universally shite, though thats not unusual with fastfit centres), but do seem to be a shade uncompetitive currently.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 July 2011, 18:54:21 »

Just gave them a quick call Chris,  Kumho KU39 245/40/18's fitted at £120/corner. Mytyres are asking £143  :o 
Ooh nice one, thankyou.  :y

And a significant saving on my current sc3's, which are great, but wearing a little too quick for the money. Although grip level is impressive obviously.
Although ku39... Is that a typo?

No its not a typo, see link below. The guy said they were the later & better version of the 31. If you phone by 10am they can get them same day, after 10am its next day.

Kumho KU39 - http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=7728981.110.22343&typ=R-178633&ranzahl=4&Breite=245&Herst=Kumho&Quer=40&Felge=18&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110   :y :y

A bit of reading around seems to indicated the KU39 isn't a replacement to the KU31 but rather a similar tyre "aimed at European tastes" (literally their words from the press release)..

Other than that they seem very similar, but given the tread patterns I suspect the KU39 is designed to be better in wet conditions - and it specifically mentions "low noise" which might prove Mr PickyGixer..

Annoyingly I can't find the wear ratings on their website which would give an idea of actual grip levels.

KU31 - http://www.kumhotire.com/tire/tire_detail.jsp?prdt_id=16
KU39 - http://www.kumhotire.com/tire/tire_detail.jsp?prdt_id=207

(KU31 is available in more sizes too)

Done a bit of digging for the wear rate, it looks like these have a softer compound (utqg) and fit between the SPT (ku31) and XS ranges and replaces the old MX tyre

Racing
ku36 ecsta XS utqg 180

Road
ku31 ecsta SPT utqg 320

ku39 ecsta LE sport utqg 280

ku15 ecsta MX utqg 220

So, a bit softer than the KU31 :y

Hmmm sure someone on here posted about the KU39 being poor compared to the KU31, KU31 is an excellent tyre for the money and is what I currently have on my DTi

feeutfo

« Reply #38 on: 21 July 2011, 19:01:42 »

But you need some noise to drown out the his from the gay hardon kardon blue-LED'd gay thing

Next in TBE by the sound of it. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 July 2011, 19:07:18 »

Next in TBE by the sound of it. ;D
Nah.  I might consider 'other methods' of aux in when I get a some time
« Last Edit: 21 July 2011, 19:51:37 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.