Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: work for the last week (heavy pics mobile warning)  (Read 6191 times)

cem_devecioglu

work for the last week (heavy pics mobile warning)
« on: 14 May 2011, 19:14:18 »

last week , as the daily run car has many stone chips, door dings, dents and some unmatching colors decided to repair all those..so started the trouble..

cem_devecioglu

Re: work for the last week (heavy pics mobile warning)
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2011, 19:16:57 »

painters were busy and I took the chance of paying less :) so I did the block sanding and clearing the old paint myself..unfortunately there were some small surprises  ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2011, 19:18:42 »

and some random shots from around

red ford xr, which was bought newly for a cheapo price..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2011, 19:24:52 »

sanding goes on

back to body work (dings which were not discovered before)

after

other side

also hood completely cleaned with solver and sanded for epoxy..

the reason we didint use solver on all surfaces was to keep the original primer on paint and remove all old repairs and paints.. but really tedious and long job..

after the sandng is complete repaired areas will be covered with some tiny sheet of bondo , later drying for some days then epoxy cover and again drying period :-/

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2011, 22:49:41 »

tbh cem i dont think anyone in britain would go to all the effort to get rid of a few dings on a clit but hats off to you on doing it right :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2011, 23:35:37 »

tbh cem i dont think anyone in britain would go to all the effort to get rid of a few dings on a clit but hats off to you on doing it right :y

;D ;D nor here ;D 

problem is I'm a paint maniac and I hate dings or unmatching colors on any car I use  ;D

and I dont have that sort of  money to buy brand new...  and I doubt I will even if I had.. :-/

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2011, 12:31:44 »

You are taking a lot of care in prep, it should look good when done.  :y

How much is it costing ?. It would be interesting to compare to UK prices. Perhaps I should come over for a holiday and get the car painted while I'm there !. Mind you that would be a very long way to go for a respray .

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2011, 13:15:08 »

How much is it costing ?. It would be interesting to compare to UK prices. Perhaps I should come over for a holiday and get the car painted while I'm there !. Mind you that would be a very long way to go for a respray .

Ken

approx 600 £..  nearly half of the cost is the expensive ppg epoxy and Standocryl 2K platinum lack (high scratch resistance).. cost is a bit low as I did most of the job .. instead I spend more for primer and lack..( I estimate  their prices to be 1/3 in UK so you need to bring them here)

normally a complete metallic paint (whole car) costs 900 £ here including dismantling the parts and  good quality stuff.. (but not with the most expensive primers and lack)

most painters here try to avoid block sanding until primer as it takes very long time..instead they use machine sanders or use solver..which I didnt accept.. the workers doing my job are friends so they dont want much..

next year I'm planning to paint omega .. but still I dont know how I will sand whole car as its so big.. :-/

ps: if you want to paint here , I can help
pps: you will need a month here at the minimum for a quality job.. or leave the car here for me and come back again if you dont have time..
« Last Edit: 15 May 2011, 13:27:15 by cem_devecioglu »

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2011, 13:47:07 »

Hmm that's a very good price.  :y

Anyone fancy an Ankara respray meet ?.  ;D ;D ;D

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2011, 13:51:32 »

Hmm that's a very good price.  :y

Anyone fancy an Ankara respray meet ?.  ;D ;D ;D

Ken

if you come in july or august be prepared for 45 celcius  ;D

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2011, 14:14:44 »

An interesting thread with great pictures cem, I'll look forward to seeing the finished job. 8-) :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2011, 14:31:06 »

Ken

approx 600 £..  nearly half of the cost is the expensive ppg epoxy and Standocryl 2K platinum lack (high scratch resistance).. cost is a bit low as I did most of the job .. instead I spend more for primer and lack..( I estimate  their prices to be 1/3 in UK so you need to bring them here)

normally a complete metallic paint (whole car) costs 900 £ here including dismantling the parts and  good quality stuff.. (but not with the most expensive primers and lack)

most painters here try to avoid block sanding until primer as it takes very long time..instead they use machine sanders or use solver..which I didnt accept.. the workers doing my job are friends so they dont want much..

next year I'm planning to paint omega .. but still I dont know how I will sand whole car as its so big.. :-/

pps: you will need a month here at the minimum for a quality job.. or leave the car here for me and come back again if you dont have time..

Big block and large sheets of wet 'n dry ?  ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2011, 15:17:05 »

An interesting thread with great pictures cem, I'll look forward to seeing the finished job. 8-) :y

thanks Den..will post phases as we finish.. :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2011, 15:22:28 »

Ken

Big block and large sheets of wet 'n dry ?  ;)

problem is the first time omega was painted, the painter did it in old fashion.. there  is more than 9 layers of lack (I'm scared to say the paint layers)  ;D according to my calculations I need more than 45 days only for sanding :-/ 

the reason I want to paint is similiar to clit, some dings here and there and stone chips..

ps: although I can take most scratches some go deep in paint  :(
« Last Edit: 15 May 2011, 15:24:48 by cem_devecioglu »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2011, 15:45:43 »

although not visible in pictures the paint become old in 6 years  :-/ (pictures are from 5 mp mobile camera)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.