Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Newent 2011 Jobs List.  (Read 7960 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Newent 2011 Jobs List.
« Reply #30 on: 11 August 2011, 20:26:33 »

Potentially a radiator swap :-/ :-/

I can do that for you  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 August 2011, 20:30:51 »

Potentially a radiator swap :-/ :-/

I can do that for you  :y

Undecided yet as to whether I'm going to try flushing mine or just replace :-/

Unfortunately, being a F/L, it also involves splitting the A/C pipework so will also depend on the weather ;)

Looks like the car will be getting much less use from about 6-8 weeks time so I might leave it until then ;) It only gets hot when under very heavy load for a prolonged period  :-X ::) But it's definitely the rad... Managed to get my hand in the other day and the bottom of it is cool when the top isn't
« Last Edit: 11 August 2011, 20:31:15 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 August 2011, 21:25:25 »

Unfortunately, being a F/L, it also involves splitting the A/C pipework so  ....

How does being a facelift make it neccessary to remove any a/c pipework  :-?. Prefacelift & facelift cars differ very slightly mecahnically & I can't imagine anything being different enough to warrent your a/c being split.
It's a tight squeeze removing a rad - I've done it twice on my car - but quite straight forward.  :y  :y  :y

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 August 2011, 22:28:41 »

Unfortunately, being a F/L, it also involves splitting the A/C pipework so  ....

How does being a facelift make it neccessary to remove any a/c pipework  :-?. Prefacelift & facelift cars differ very slightly mecahnically & I can't imagine anything being different enough to warrent your a/c being split.
It's a tight squeeze removing a rad - I've done it twice on my car - but quite straight forward.  :y  :y  :y
only diffrents is 3.2 and 2.6 got external rad for gearbox.
apart that its like Andy say

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 August 2011, 22:34:44 »

Fairly sure, as are a couple of other members, that the pipework is slightly different on the F/L and needs moving to get the rad out :-/

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 August 2011, 22:36:59 »

Fairly sure, as are a couple of other members, that the pipework is slightly different on the F/L and needs moving to get the rad out :-/
last year I was replace rad on my 3.2 02 plate
and there was no A/C pipes on way, well I not saw any
« Last Edit: 11 August 2011, 22:37:25 by serek »

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 12 August 2011, 02:02:41 »

Fairly sure, as are a couple of other members, that the pipework is slightly different on the F/L and needs moving to get the rad out

Pish ;D

It's not easy but you can swap out the aircon condensor with out removing the rad.

Swapping the rad out you only need to remove the air filter housing and battery(for space, but not essential), the bagpipes and the main fan assembley. If it take more than an hour plus tea, then you're not trying.  :y

Will be alot easier to remove on yours because the slam panel shouldn't be touching the throttle body ::).

If I make it over to Newent, will gladly lend a hand. If not you could swing by here on the way over :y.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 August 2011, 08:17:46 »

Fairly sure, as are a couple of other members, that the pipework is slightly different on the F/L and needs moving to get the rad out

Pish ;D

It's not easy but you can swap out the aircon condensor with out removing the rad.

Swapping the rad out you only need to remove the air filter housing and battery(for space, but not essential), the bagpipes and the main fan assembley. If it take more than an hour plus tea, then you're not trying.  :y

Will be alot easier to remove on yours because the slam panel shouldn't be touching the throttle body ::).

If I make it over to Newent, will gladly lend a hand. If not you could swing by here on the way over :y.

OK, I stand corrected then :y :y Unfortunately money is a little on the tight side at the moment :( Got to wait and find out how long it's going to take the company to sort my severance (and until then I'm not getting paid) so Newent and Rad are both still up in the air. Hoping to make the meet, although I'll be scrounging (breakfast) cooking facilities off people as we'll be in a borrowed tent.

Changing the rad is something that doesn't particularly bother me... I have quite a bit of mobility back and am managing the remaining pain well with painkillers but I'll gladly accept offers of help :y Just got to source one now ::)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 August 2011, 08:20:01 »

Much as that's a very kind offer, you're no where near the route from mine to Newent... In fact, totally the wrong way ::) ::) And you're a Taxi driver :-X :-X :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 August 2011, 14:43:57 »

There appears to be 2 common layouts for the pipes to the condensor on Omegas, and one type makes it impossible, which I've only ever seen on facelifts.

Not sure if its related to gearbox, as some of the facelift autos have the oil cooler pipes going over the top of the rad.

LD - remove the black plastics above rad, it'll be obvious if A/C and/or autobox oil line needs to be broken.
Grumpy old man

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 August 2011, 15:32:43 »

There appears to be 2 common layouts for the pipes to the condensor on Omegas, and one type makes it impossible, which I've only ever seen on facelifts.

Not sure if its related to gearbox, as some of the facelift autos have the oil cooler pipes going over the top of the rad.

LD - remove the black plastics above rad, it'll be obvious if A/C and/or autobox oil line needs to be broken.
yep thats pipes for auto box oil cooler
only fit on 2.6 and 3.2
« Last Edit: 12 August 2011, 15:33:39 by serek »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 August 2011, 15:34:36 »

only fit on 2.6 and 3.2

Which mine will have, being an auto ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 August 2011, 15:48:33 »

only fit on 2.6 and 3.2

Which mine will have, being an auto ::)
pop the plastics off, see if the AC goes over as well, else we will be guessing forever ;)
Grumpy old man

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 August 2011, 16:56:19 »

there no A/C pipes go over the rad. :y :y

EDIT: dont need take cover off to check
« Last Edit: 12 August 2011, 16:56:51 by serek »

05omegav6

« Reply #44 on: 12 August 2011, 17:52:25 »

and one type makes it impossible

As ever more than happy to be corrected :y

Much as that's a very kind offer, you're no where near the route from mine to Newent... In fact, totally the wrong way   And you're a Taxi driver             

I seem to recall a mention of relatives in Brighton ::) and was thinking that Suffolk to Brighton, Brighton to Newent via Horsham was not that big a leap :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.