Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Beware Audis  (Read 9142 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: Beware Audis
« Reply #75 on: 09 February 2012, 18:24:47 »

I suppose you would have to put yourselves in their shoes and question what you would have done in their position.

In our case the owner is only inconvenienced in terms of ringing up now and then plus the occasional meeting to see what the hell is happening.

In reality 000s of miles are going on loan vehicles and not on your own car and the car you have is newer but thirstier.

At the end of the day the dealer somehow needs to fix the car and not be left with it. When and if that day comes they then have something to work with and to agree something with the customer. If that is not acceptable then legal route must be considered.

However if we get another round of "we will try this now" on 23rd Feb and there is nothing else on table then we have to get stronger. They are supposed to be advising Audi of the situation as per meeting on Monday in any case.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 February 2012, 21:56:06 »

You could ask for a copy of the message sent to Audi. This shows they are actually doing what they say.

It also kind of proves there is a problem, and it has taken them a long while to fix it, so would be useful written evidence in any case for "not fit for purpose".

Ken

I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 23 February 2012, 18:29:21 »

23rd Feb is here - so is engineer from Audi UK - new starter motor fitted. Now on test for a few days with Audi - if problem not sorted then I am told A3 goes back to Audi UK in Milton Keynes. And then what you may ask???

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • Beaten up Mondeo TDCI ST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 24 February 2012, 22:40:30 »

Sale of Goods act section 14 would apply to this... http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54

14 Implied terms about quality or fitness.

(1)Except as provided by this section and section 15 below and subject to any other enactment, there is no implied [F11term] about the quality or fitness for any particular purpose of goods supplied under a contract of sale.

[F12(2)Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality.

(2A)For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.

(2B)For the purposes of this Act, the quality of goods includes their state and condition and the following (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—
(a)fitness for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question are commonly supplied,
(b)appearance and finish,
(c)freedom from minor defects,
(d)safety, and
(e)durability.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 25 February 2012, 00:02:16 »

Thanks Psychoca - we have opened up this deebate with Audi already - work in progress

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 25 February 2012, 00:17:25 »

Not quite the same but hit the nationals in 1972/3?

A friend of my parents bought a Capri 1600GT had so much trouble with it that in the end Ford gave him a new 3000GT in it's place............I remember the car myself..... :) :)  The car of my dreams a couple of years later when I was 17 /18 but insurance was an issue, nothing change really..... :D :D

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28 February 2012, 12:55:07 »

Audi just phoned to say that following starter motor change the A3 now appears to be ok? You would have thought they would have covered this one early doors before all the other stuff they have been messing with for nearly 5 months or so.

They will keep it to test until tomorrow. Next step is what to try and negotiate for.

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #82 on: 28 February 2012, 18:32:31 »

Most odd. How on earth can a starter motor cause such grief. IME they either tend to:

1) Work as they should
2) Dont work when they should
3) Give a pretty good indication that they are poorly and need replacing

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 28 February 2012, 22:41:23 »

Apparently the motor was showing no fault - but the new motor is turning over the engine at the higher rate required - I hope it is not just the warmer weather having a bearing on this

mathewst

• Omega Knight
  • Split, Croatia
    • v40
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 29 February 2012, 23:18:25 »

Maybe I'm a little late with response on this subject but I've seen same audi cars here with same problems.
2.0TDI engines seem to be sh..
Saw recently one in my friends garage (who is a mechanic) and he said that the guy spent a fortune on car maintenance.
Engine problems, gearbox problems, turbine...

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 04 March 2012, 22:36:01 »

yes the Audi 2.0 TdI 2005-2006 are a poo engine they are known for the oil pump packing up taking out the engine if you dont stop in time this is first hand knowledge i own one :( and yes its parked up with a blown engine

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 30 March 2012, 10:49:21 »

My last post was 28th Feb - here we are on 30th March and car is not back. There were 2 weeks when the Audi dealer head honcho was away and my son was then away - the rest of the time has been taken up in waiting for an Audi proposal and when it eventually came 2 weeks ago is was derisory.  Today is crunch day allegedly - basic offer is to do a service, fit new discs and pads and my son to pay £400 towards an extended warranty for one year.

We proved yesterday that despite what had been said by dealer - Audi UK had not been involved until later in the process and we do not think they have been told the full facts contrary to what we were told. So we are trying to xclarify whether this is really an Audi UK/ Audi dealer offer or not. We have offered to  take car back without prejudice to continuing issue with Audi UK but dealer is trying to get closure.

Watch this space.

smithpa7

« Reply #87 on: 30 March 2012, 14:03:13 »

Whatever happens I would definitely involve Audi UK. They have the power to influence dealer decisions and also add more incentives to hopefully placate a customer who in your son's case has received very poor service.

Keep at them and please keep us updated.

I hope it is all sorted our soon.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 30 March 2012, 14:26:40 »

Seems to now be settled in line with my son's discussion with Audi UK today:

Son to pay nothing.
I year's Audi full warranty from 1st April 2012 on the 2007 A3.
Audi dealer to service car and replace discs and pads foc and do full valet.
Car to be returned to Audi dealer in 6 weeks for inspection.

So car should now be back next week.

smithpa7

« Reply #89 on: 30 March 2012, 14:57:33 »

That sounds like a result.
I sincerely hope this is the end of your son's problems :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.