Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3151269 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #13425 on: 09 November 2016, 07:25:39 »

Opened garage dor, looked at the Monza and thought ' what a pig of a job the dash removal is going to be'. Need to lok at heater martix and motor

Keith ABS

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13426 on: 09 November 2016, 17:10:34 »

Fitted new n/s camcover & gasket. Refitted most of the bits & pieces before I ran out of daylight - again.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: 10 November 2016, 14:23:40 »

Gave the dirtier parts of the engine and engine bay a bit of a clean with paraffin / rags / old toothbrush, then tipped a watering can of hot soapy water on the lower parts to wash it off. I think this was a mistake.
Fitted the last of the bits & pieces and fired it up. TC light is on (would damp / wet ABS pump cause this ? ), and throttle response varies between very jerky, and no throttle at all.  :(
Rain stopped play, and I'm off to work for a run of 6 nightshifts soon, but should find some time to investigate over the weekend.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: 10 November 2016, 14:39:08 »

Put it through the MOT, no advisories  :)

124k on the C5
I like Omegas Senators and all other big 90´s euro saloons.
Previous motors: 3x Rover 600s, Citroën ZX, Volvo 850

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: 10 November 2016, 15:32:09 »

Gave the dirtier parts of the engine and engine bay a bit of a clean with paraffin / rags / old toothbrush, then tipped a watering can of hot soapy water on the lower parts to wash it off. I think this was a mistake.
Fitted the last of the bits & pieces and fired it up. TC light is on (would damp / wet ABS pump cause this ? ), and throttle response varies between very jerky, and no throttle at all.  :(
Rain stopped play, and I'm off to work for a run of 6 nightshifts soon, but should find some time to investigate over the weekend.

Check the connector to the drive by wire throttle body and make sure it's 100% dry.  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #13430 on: 10 November 2016, 15:33:13 »

I believe if you put it into a tub of rice it will dry out  :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: 10 November 2016, 16:57:17 »

Finally found a couple of hours to do something with the fleet other than "drive in a manner likely to cause early arrival, park up and forget about them".

Played car Tetris to get the cabrio in the garage, gave the Lupo and MV6 a bloody good wash and polish, then gave all the glass a proper clean and H2Go.

Then got a few niggly MV6 jobs done - bulbs and washer jet aim, and HID sensor.

Naturally then the rain came - my fault for washing the cars...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: 10 November 2016, 17:33:40 »

Check the connector to the drive by wire throttle body and make sure it's 100% dry.  :y

I have been thinking about that one myself Kevin. :y
It was hanging down loos when I did the cleaning ,so may have get wet. I remembered to check it was pushed fully home, but didn't check it was dry. A good quirt of WD40 tomorrow, is the first course of action.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13433 on: 10 November 2016, 17:34:34 »

I believe if you put it into a tub of rice it will dry out  :y

You come and remove and refit it, and I will supply the tub and the rice.  :y

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: 10 November 2016, 19:41:42 »

Today I prepared my saloon for winter sleep. Tomorrow he will be de- licensed until april.

My sedan will take over to do the winter job.

Rolf
I am not forced to drive an old Omega. I simply like it.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: 11 November 2016, 07:19:23 »

Bought a rollcage to be fitted at the weekend :)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: 11 November 2016, 10:51:55 »

I have been thinking about that one myself Kevin. :y
It was hanging down loos when I did the cleaning ,so may have get wet. I remembered to check it was pushed fully home, but didn't check it was dry. A good quirt of WD40 tomorrow, is the first course of action.

Sounds like that might be it. Been there when my water pump let go in a big way.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: 11 November 2016, 15:17:22 »

Where do I send the cigar Kevin ?  :D
A squirt of WD, left it an hour or so, plugged the connector in and fired it up. All back to normal.  :y

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13438 on: 11 November 2016, 15:37:53 »

Hi

Today I brought back my winter caravan on the road again. With a new registration we took a short ride for testing, because many parts of the front suspension have been renewed over summer.

Everything is OK. No more rowing  from the front  :D, the car runs very well. :)

Over the weekend I hope to do some adjustments on the Xenons and the handbrake, than the caravan is ready for winter use.

Next spring I have to do some welding on the right rear arche. Left side I did last year. It is sill rust free.

Rolf
I am not forced to drive an old Omega. I simply like it.

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #13439 on: 11 November 2016, 16:06:28 »

Changed the dampers for the hatch on the C5, now it stays up even when its cold  :)
Also I changed a sidelight and topped up the washerfluid.
124k on the C5
I like Omegas Senators and all other big 90´s euro saloons.
Previous motors: 3x Rover 600s, Citroën ZX, Volvo 850

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.